December Undies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
    I'm not sure he's aware of them yet, but I'll have to rectify that!

In other news, I'm in a bit of a quandary. (Raggsy - this may be one for you). I've been having heaps of very expensive dentistry over the last few years and while I think my dentist is very good, they're also very exe. I now need a bridge which they want to charge me $6000 for (I think I'll get about $1400 or so back from insurance). But my insurer has a preferred provider who will only charge me $4000. Anyway, I have an appt with the cheaper one tomorrow to get a plan sorted and to see if I get a good feeling about them or not, so maybe I'll have a clearer picture then.
    Hi there Glassy,
    I just had Mr Rags look at this post and he really can't give any advice other than you're going to have to suck it and see. The cheaper guy may well be as good or better than the one you've been seeing.
    BTW I got my gold bridge last week. I now have at least a bit of a biting surface. Implants start early next year and will go on for about 4 - 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by A Better Me View Post
      Hi Undies,

PS Rags, sorry I missed yesty. When are you next up here? Next week is less busy for me...
      I may well be coming up Sinney way next Tuesday. Lemme get back to you.
      Missy told me yesterday over coffee (and a lovely little beetroot caramalised onion and fetta tartlet) you were doingf her wedding dress. Lovely!

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
        I may well be coming up Sinney way next Tuesday. Lemme get back to you.
        Missy told me yesterday over coffee (and a lovely little beetroot caramalised onion and fetta tartlet) you were doingf her wedding dress. Lovely!
        I don't think I said "dress"!Rags!! Haven't worn one of them for many years!!
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Glassy I've just had some dental stuff done by the people connected with my union health plan and they were fantastic! Did glasses as well and they were better and cheaper than Specsavers.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
            Hi there Glassy,
            I just had Mr Rags look at this post and he really can't give any advice other than you're going to have to suck it and see. The cheaper guy may well be as good or better than the one you've been seeing.
            :horn:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thanks all. SO...in the next enthralling episode of Glassy's dental adventures...

Saw the health insurance's main man. Seems nice enough and to know what he's doing (ie he stuck his little instruments in my mouth not up my bum, although to play devil's advocate, the way his little helper positioned me in the chair may have provided him with a bit of guidance there). Will do the work for $4700 instead of $6200 and apparently my health fund may give me a bit more of a rebate too, but that's yet to be confirmed. So he's a bit of a drive away, but I think I'll give him a go. And yes, I do realise that I'm incredibly blessed to even have the choice of such first world care and I don't take that privilege lightly.

Geez Raggsy - sounds like you have a bit of a procedure ahead of you too, poor love! :heartbeat:
              Last edited by Glass Half Empty; December 12, 2014, 04:34 PM.
              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hi Techie - I hope all is well.
                If you can't pop in again between now and then I hope you and yours also have a lovely, happy and safe Christmas. xxx

ps - love your status!

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                  :horn:
                  Sorry G, I don't understand the message your little horn blower is meant to convey.

Comment

Hellllooooo ....... anyone out there??????

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Wow. Big birthday for Regina and you all! Great stuff.

Groupies getting as rare as a comb over that'll still look good in 40 knot winds.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie
                        LOLZ ..talk about comb overs ...do you know of a good stick down hair Spray thats good to go in a 40 knot breeze of wind?
                        The only thing that works in that situation is this.....A can of spray on hair. Not too flash in the rain though.

I think there's only orange and mouse brown these days.

Comment

The social threads here, esp the Army and the Undies, made me understand that old drunks could still have fun, laugh, talk nonsense (or just plain gibberish) which was crucial for me. So to remove that, and play somewhere else on you own on Fb would not necessarily be wrong, but it would send a non-message - that the endless focus on getting and staying sober is the only way of life afterwards.

And all threads go through the doldrums from time to time - but that's no reason to put them in mothballs.

Can't help with the spray-on hair, sorry guys - I got the right chromosomes right from the start.
                          14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

A 9. I rate my dancing a 9. There is always room for improvement.

Nice to see minimal edit and danpeet last night boys you might well entice people back at this rate.

Went to a two and a half hour meditation and mantra thingo at 5 this a.m. It's flushed my chakras and all is well.

Thanks for the tune Reg x and Dreamy? you are just lovely.

Comment

Is it just me or is the winky emoticon grimacing?

Comment

Further to last nights conversation though....Reg at one point when I found the "chatter" too much I created a shortcut on my desktop direct to Undies - thank you Bridge for the suggestion. It's not that it's good bad or indifferent, it just wasn't for me. And I do tend to agree, I have absolutely no problem with other people drinking in my company or talking about it. They aren't me. I know what I can and can't do and I am happy and settled with where I am.

Comment

Working...
                                X