December Undies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone,
    Missy, my one bit of advice for cooking prawns orscallops on the bbq is not to overdo them.

Hmm, Kooka, no one else has responded to your January lunch invite. Maybe everyone is busy till after Christmas.

Spent the weekend just gone at Wingello parties.

Off to Glebe Park on Christmas Day for lunch, I'll be doing the olive tart, paschka and a couple of salads.
    Then Boxing Day at home with Mr Rags' sister and brother coming over,
    then back to Wingello for New Years Eve.

Hope weather holds steady and no callouts.

Everyone have a peaceful, safe and happy Christmas.

Comment

Arvo, Undies,

I'm back from the big Smoke ... totally knackered and suffering from stimulus overload.

I had a lovely time with the fam and all was good BUT ... I became totally aware of and annoyed when I found all the young (under 30) things couldn't be/sit/eat/drive without being permanently connected to their phones and it.so.gave.me.the.shits. And then I realised my double standard. OK, I don't 'do' phone but how many times a day do I check in to MWO/other sites/email? I'm just as bad as the young things, albeit privately ...sooooo ... I'm going to join Missy and attempt a rest-of-year moratorium on manic ether-checking. Wish me luck, as they say ...

Be well, Undies. Have a wonderful festive season and celebrate (or ignore it all) in the manner of your choosing. You're all very special people.
      Last edited by tawnyfrog; December 22, 2014, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Morning Undies!

Frogstar, I think we're too old for the surgically attached phone thing - drives me crazy too. Don't text when I'm talking to you - it's just plain rude. Have a lovely cyberless time!

Mr G, some wig makers selling their wares in the MWO bazaar - they may just have a special Xmas themed toupe for you, who knows, check it out.
        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Checking privately is fine, checking at the table or while people are talking to you is just plain rude, unless there's a special reason why you have to and you excuse yourself beforehand. Fortunately my under 30s don't do that, probably because they know I'd have no hesitation in throwing their several hundred dollars worth of technology into the toilet if they did.

Is anyone else working up to Christmas Eve or do I get to be the only martyr?
          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

you are the only martyr Glassy ..... sorry!!! So seeing as you are still at work, could I call you tomorrow to discuss my work situation??? lease:
            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Behaving View Post
              you are the only martyr Glassy ..... sorry!!! So seeing as you are still at work, could I call you tomorrow to discuss my work situation??? lease:
              Of course you can sweetie - you know that applies whether I'm working or not. I'm not sure what details you have for me so I'll Pm you again.
              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Originally posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
                Hi Techie - I hope all is well.
                If you can't pop in again between now and then I hope you and yours also have a lovely, happy and safe Christmas. xxx

ps - love your status!
                Hiya Glassy and all you other wonderful Undies. Just moved to California.
                We do not have WiFi installed yet. Just buried in boxes. Thinking of you all and I'll be more active here once things get settled. Sold the Scottsdale, AZ house in two days. Thank you so much for thinking of me. Merry Christmas!!!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Great to see you Techie. California sounds groovy!

Merry xmas to you and family too mate. Take care of yourself. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
                    Checking privately is fine, checking at the table or while people are talking to you is just plain rude, unless there's a special reason why you have to and you excuse yourself beforehand. Fortunately my under 30s don't do that, probably because they know I'd have no hesitation in throwing their several hundred dollars worth of technology into the toilet if they did.

Is anyone else working up to Christmas Eve or do I get to be the only martyr?
                    Morning Glassy,
                    Yes it is very rude, to the point where a while ago I asked my lunch companion if she was having lunch with me or her phone friends.
                    She STILL didn't put the phone down.

Mr. Rags is only getting the public holidays off, so does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                      Hiya Glassy and all you other wonderful Undies. Just moved to California.
                      We do not have WiFi installed yet. Just buried in boxes. Thinking of you all and I'll be more active here once things get settled. Sold the Scottsdale, AZ house in two days. Thank you so much for thinking of me. Merry Christmas!!!
                      TECHIE!!!

Where abouts in Ca.?
                      Where the weather is not quite so extreme and you don't need to carry a snakebite first aid kit to return your library books?
                      I was looking at real estate in Fl. , Ca. and Sth Carolina just a couple of months ago.
                      There are some excellent housing bargains to be had, cost of living is heaps cheaper in the US than here, but the medical insurance would cripple us.
                      So it looks like we stay in OZ.
                      We will however be buying an SUV and touring the US and Canada when Mr Rags retires.

Comment

Which, because of the WFC won't be for a while. Buggrit.

Comment

So yesterday was my birthday and thanks to my boss I was able to go out to eat for my birthday (we all got a gift card for Christmas) and I had a wonderful time. Before I left, I was told to try a margarita out and I explained that I don't drink and it was a good feeling to say that.
                          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

:upsidedown: MERRY CHRISTMAS LOVELY UNDIES

Comment

To my favourite type of Undies............

Sorry its so huge....
                              J x
                              :hug:
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

STOP following me around Jackieclaire :congratulatory:
                                shhhhhhhhh I think they are all asleep !!

Comment

Working...
                                X