No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - December 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for being so understanding. Red, your post was very sweet. I am already fretting over a holiday party on Friday night for work. I am a senior manager and have to be there but I think my plan will be some O"Douls or NA beer.
    Blacking freaked me out. That's one of the reasons I am changing my meds. The next two weeks may be a little tricky as I transition, but I am strong and know I can do it. I will probably be on meds the rest o my life, and I am fine with that but mixing them with whiskey was stupid. Bret is very supportive and will drink elsewhere.
    K9 - I don't know what to tell you about filling your nights. Maybe crafts?? I have said this before but maybe an AA meeting?? I am always here if you want to talk. Call Sierra tonight if you think that's appropriate. I am sorry you had a rough weekend.
    Gonna eat and found a new show.....K9, you will like it. It's called Peaky Blinders and it's made by the BBC about a family of hooligans in Ireland right after WW1.
    I love you all and we will get through the holidays.
    I cannot stress how kind my doctor was today.....
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Red - thank you, thank you. Such a thoughtful post.....and much needed.

I will be back tomorrow. I MUST make a plan and I will try to post tomorrow.

Love & hugs to everyone.....I am so grateful that you are in my life and that you are a phone call away. I need to remember that. :heartbeat:
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

How is everyone tonight?

K9, I hope you found something to help occupy your time tonight. I did AA and Smart Recovery for awhile. I literally just kept doing something to keep busy and my mind off drinking. It was like walking thru the fog for the first couple of months but once time passed, the fog started to clear slowly and the days passed easier for me.

I don't have many friends, and no kids of my own (I have a 12 year old step daughter but she lives an hour away and is here every other weekend). My life gets boring and lonely sometimes and I feel maybe it is the same for you K9. I don't want to assume anything though. I do have a twin sister that I talk to everyday so that does help me feel a little less alone in this world. My 12 year old step daughter (not officially but I have helped raise her since she was born) is my world when she is here and I miss her terribly when she is not. But I think alot of the saddness has to do with the fact that I don't really have an active social life so I really enjoy the fun things we do together. Ok so I feel like I am rambling but I just wanted to let you know you are not alone in how you may be feeling.

Nora, you have so many people who love and care about you here, don't be afraid to post when you are down. I read this thread everyday and you are one of the people I come to check on. I know you get down and don't want to post sometimes, but you are so kind and sweet and you really need to reach out when you need help. If you ever need an ear to listen just pm me. But you know everyone here is there for you too. Sometimes its hard for us to think that other people care about our problems, but they do and they want to help.

Pauly, Dottie, Mama, and (lord knows I have a horrible memory) everyone else I missed, I hope you are all well tonight.

Are you guys ready for Christmas? I can't believe it's already next Thursday! I have most of the presents bought, anyone wanna come and wrap them????

Fenny, I hope you are doing ok.
        Last edited by red67; December 15, 2014, 09:00 PM.
        AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

And Sunny and FT and Nursie, I am thinking of you too. Nursie, I hope you are doing ok. You have been thru so much and I am amazed by your strength.

Hugs and much love to all you steppers.
          AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Red...I hope you stay here with us!!
            I took my new med and slept in a weird sort of way...very dreamy....but I am a zombie now, so I need to get some coffee in me.....I am going to trust my doc and quit googling.....
            Let's do this!!! Happy Tuesday!

Comment

I'm in mama!!!!! Will read back later. Off to work.

Comment

Morning all,
                Off to a yoga class then we need to visit dad and run a few errands.
                Gloomy and rainy and yucky. bleh.....
                I cant function if I take any sleep meds or not very well with Benedryl....so I just toss and turn all night...no fun at all.
                I will be back later.
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Red - thank you, thank you. There is a line in the movie 'Pretty Woman' something about it's easier to believe the bad stuff about you. Anyway, that is how I have been feeling. Just not good to anybody. So, I am not going to continue in that mindset. Today is a new day!

Mama - sorry about the new med. I hope that it works out for you.

Dottie - hubby & I are signing up for a yoga class that starts at the end of January. Two nights a week. I am hoping between that and getting back to the gym that my outlook will improve.

Hello, hello to everyone. I'm at work and need to run. Thank you all for putting up with me. :heartbeat:
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I may try to come off of this eventually, but I have a phobia about NOT sleeping....that creates more anxiety.....I'm just a work in progress!!!! As long as I can keep a positive attitude and not be a bawling mess, then I can function.
                    Yoga sounds wonderful....I LOVE to stretch! I am always rolling my next and stretching at my desk....
                    I am more awake, but still a little foggy.
                    love you Nora....there is SO much good in you....we can all see that....YOU Have to see it.....
                    Zen says hi...just chatted with her
                    Tucky is off and it's nice that's it quiet today.....I need that right now!
                    bacinabit

Comment

K9 texted and said hi and she is out with a sinus infection and it at the doctor's office....
                      I feel like the Principal.....;YOU MUST PROVIDE A DOCTORS NOTE IF YOU ARE ABSENT FROM MWO!!"
                      :-)

Comment

On my tablet, laptop is in the shop. I coundnt keep the internet connection. If they need to replace any parts it can wait until next year.I will limp along until then...aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Oh Dottie, not good!

Comment

darn technology!
                            Hubs is at company Christmas party and I just threw a pizza in the oven. Have to take another Zombie pill in an hour and go to bed around 9.....the doc said today this fog will clear up....I sure hope so. NO DRINKING TONIGHT!!
                            I love you all

Comment

No drinking tonite here either mama.

Comment

Hey all.....

Dottie - what a pain about your laptop. I have a Kindle but it takes me so long to try post anything. I hope that they can fix your laptop quickly & cheaply!!!

Mama - thanks for the update on k9 - I was getting worried.

Red - thank you, thank you, thank you again for all of your wise words. You have helped so much!!

Liz - great job - hang in there.

I'm in the midst of dealing with our wet dogs & cats. They are not used to rain. But, we need it so badly!!!

Be back in a few after I get them settled down.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X