X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What color Sun?
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sun - Can you please come and do a room for me when you are finished with yours??

Pauly - I hope you feel better soon! And I agree...Dr. Phil has no business giving diet advice! LOL
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

just chilling and watching SOA.....I texted Fennel and told her we were worried about her
        Sun- I didn't realize it was you that made a meditation room!!
        Love and hugs to all....we miss you Kradle
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Thanks Mama, thanks Liz. :hug:

I know that one of my main bug a boos in all this is the profound feelings of garden variety unworthiness. Sadly enough sometimes the very group which helps me stay sober and sane can trigger these very real (even when they aren't) painful but distorted mindsets.

Mathieu comes home tomorrow for his Home Visit. I can hardly belive it. ... :eek-new:
          I have had a few slips but all in all I'm calm and okay.

Love you all my people . Thanks for understanding:heartbeat:

PS- love u Nora .
          I'll try to Skype, Sun....soon...:heartbeat:
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Kradle I'm so excited for you! We all have our ups and downs kradle. I think that's part of the beauty of this group. We help each other out

Pauly feel better.

Yes mama had those spanx. I am not particularly large but still uncomfortable!

K9 I recently went/am going through this when Erin got married. I miss her way more than she misses me. (If she even does) She has her new life and I have this void. We had am empty bedroom and hubby decided he wanted a recliner, I wanted a chaise lounge and we both agreed on the huge tv. It's turned into our safe place. Could you do something like that? What about a hobby? I feel better if I'm up and moving, keeping busy. Just some thoughts.

Had a busy day and sadly back to work tomorrow, so off to bed with me. Love you guys.

Comment

Good for you painting sunny. We painted our safe haven a soft sage green on one wall and cream on the other three. Turns out the green wall is almost the exact color of Erin's bridesmaids dresses this past spring. Dr Freud would have something to say about this, methinks

Comment

Morning all ... colour was a pale peach Pauly - but it is so blah - however I had painted over lavender as I never used the room and thought maybe it was 'cos of the colour - but this is better, but will have to put lots of stuff on the walls to try and cheer it all up .... I had to Google a z-pack as I had no idea what it was ..... hope you feel better soon.

Lizann - how lovely for you to come home and find the decs sorted by the kids - lovely ! I am probably going to do what you have all suggested and put some Christmas music on and then decorate this weekend .... and good for you sleeping in - you must have needed it. Enjoy seeing the kids house !! Your colours of your room sound lovely ...

Dottie - we just have rain today which means it must be warmer !!

K9 - sorry you haven't been doing well - I forgot - or did I 'forget' (?) to take my AB yesterday and ended up having some Guinness - had a lousy nights sleep, so today is back on it - 'cos I only take 1/8 tab it only is good for one day ..... do you take a whole one ? Are you starting it again? Yes, turn one of your rooms into a meditation room - or whatever you want to call it and no, I won't come and paint - it has taken me about three months to paint this room from start to finish - LOL But it would be a good project for you, it would take your mind off Sierra and it would have a good ending - something for you.

MV - laughed at the Spanx - I have never worn it but did once try some tummy tamer undies and I agree with them being uncomfortable ....

Meggie, it sounds as if you are doing really well - the first few days are the hardest - and then about day 5 or 6 (for me) gets really hard ...hence drinking yesterday darn it ! But am back to AF today! Hang in there - let us know how you are doing.

Kradle - I have no idea why you would feel unworthy with this group here ! I am so happy that Matt is having a visit home - how long will he be home for ? And yeah for you with the AL - good one !!

Got to get ready for work - hi to anyone I missed, Hugs, Sun XX
                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

morning....will check in at work....byyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Hey all,good to see you Kradle,glad Matt's coming that will be lovely,Sun,i didn't know what a z-pack was either,it sounds like soumething you place on your nose haha,btw,how the hell do you get 23,000 steps!!! i just took an hour walk and it was barely 7,000 and i walk fast,i'm jealous! day 4 was always the worst for me for some reason,anxiety and cravings up the ass,hey Liz,Mama,has Fen responded to your text?i don't know why she isn't posting,at least explain,probly just busy,K9, maybe you need...........a man!! come on it would be fun,we're all married so we could live vicariously through you,all the bad dates and shit,think about itwhere's Miss Nora?ugh off to get ready,btw i bought hubs and i a e-cig so we're gonna give quitting smoking a shot,Bobbi comes on the 18th and i know she'd be thrilled if we are smoke free
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I texted with Nora yesterday...she was home sick...and she said she was calling Fen. I got no response to my text, but I am not sure I have the right number,
                      GREAT idea Pauly - K9 needs to date and tell us EVERY detail since we are all old and boring......
                      I am so glad Matt is coming home!! How exciting Pauly!
                      Lizz - did you enjoy seeing the newlyweds?
                      ok...gotta pretend to work for a few....I have Pandora on and Burl Ives singing "Rudolph, The Red Nose Reindeer"
                      lalalalalala....it's from the 60's and so corny but I love it!

Comment

good job on the e cigs Pauly - I have been thinking about that but I keep reading bad stuff....prolly just a lame excuse in my head to keep smoking

Comment

Sun - how in the world do you take 1/8th of a tablet??

Comment

Morning all,
                            Yes K9 we could use some spice here....find a good healthy one so we can all have "fun".
                            Off to the hospital to run the trains then the memorial service for our friend at church...his passing makes me so sad.
                            Gotta get back on the diet band wagon....I have just let it go this holiday season. Bleh...and I am not exercising enough I guess but I have a plan come January.....hubbs will not be happy about it but if he chooses not to join me that is OK. The group I uses to work out with has been asking me when I am coming back so that might just be what I need..all gals and about my age or a little younger so gives me something to work toward...and it gets me out of the house..24X7 with hubbs is a bit much at times...
                            Must run...
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Good morning everyone!
                              Thanks for all the "suggestions" on getting a man or maybe even a few. LOL Not sure I want that headache. HA
                              Sun - I have wondered too, how do you split an AB tab into 1/8th? I have mine in my purse and I AM taking them today. I've been on the damn roller coaster too long and I am SICK SICK SICK SICK of it...did I mention I am SICK of it? Drinking won't make Sierra come home and it sure as hell doesn't make me feel any better!!
                              Kradle - SO good to see you! Don't ever feel "unworthy" here...we all (me leading the way, me thinks) have had our ups and downs. I am glad that mostly everyone is sticking to being AF. I promise to get back on the wagon and join you guys! I am so HAPPY you get to see Matthieu!!!! He's another one of our MWO babies!!
                              I tried the eCigs a while back. I felt like I was pretending to smoke and I wanted to break the habit. I dunno, I got a wild hair up my butt and threw everything away. So now I just keep smoking real cigs...smart huh?
                              Liz - I like your suggestions for the "safe" room. Sierra basically had both spare rooms filled with her crap. I think I'll leave the one she last "lived" in for her visits, but maybe the back room can be transformed. It has this huge loft bed in it though and it's kinda turned into a closet for me, shelves with all my shoes and boots. Not sure how much I can transform it....maybe I can just do something around the fireplace in the living room.
                              Dots - I HAVE to get back to the gym too, that used to be my "happy" place, especially the sauna!
                              I texted with Nora yesterday and she was home sick...hopefully she's feeling better today.
                              Well, I guess we have a staff meeting in a few...be back later peeps...thanks for being here :love:
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Since you are all worried about your weight and the gym, I must inform you that I am shoveling homemade cheesecake in my face right this very second.
                                Some of my residents are very nice!
                                OINK, OINK
                                Tucky is off....dentist....so Shawana and I are being silly
                                K9 - I am dead serious about this.......what if you bought a punching bag??? I think I would love that.....I could seriously beat the crap out of that
                                Puleeze enter the world of dating......meeting psychos that wet the bed and have mommy issues and want you to pay their bills sounds awesome to me............bleh!!
                                Dots - ugh about the memorial...I am sorry for your loss....

Comment

Working...
                                X