No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - December 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from the funeral and I am tired. But we need to go to Costco for a few things then I will crash.
    I get it pauly....hang in there....
    Staying in tonight and dont have to get up too early tomorrow for the doggie event..
    NO MORE FUNERALS!!!
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hi there ladies. Hang on in there - especially you Pauly.

Comment

Hi treetops!
        get some rest Dots...NO MORE FUNERALS!! xo
        I just had a sneezing fit and my whole face just clogged up....BUT....I am glad it's Friday!!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

You are funny Mama,went and seen crossdresser doc(trust me)he gave me antabuse,the pharmacist said to check labels on stuff,poop i never wanted to get this bad250 mg seems high to me,is that normal?i told him the least dosage,he saysthat is it
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

awesome Pauly about the AB....hope it does the trick!!
            And I hope you feel better soon!
            Sunshine is an expert on AB...so is K9

Comment

Pauly - 250 mg is the dosage I have. Good for you!!!!
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey Nora! So good to see you.
                home and chilling with homemade potato soup...my dang throat is still sore
                I think we are doing our tree tomorrow

Comment

mama would love the recipe for the potato soup when u feel better.
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I LOVE POTATO SOUP!!!!!!

I just use veggie broth, potatoes, onions & salt & pepper. In my old days, I would boil a chicken & use that broth. Now, I use canned veggie broth.
                    Mom would always pour a little milk in our bowls when she served it but I don't do that anymore.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Feel better, Mama! Our tree has already fallen over once. Only a few broken ornaments. We have rotated it in the stand so hopefully it will stay upright now.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks nora I have some potatoes that need to be cooked before they sprout!
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Nursie checking in!
                          I'm sorry I haven't been around, this surgery kicked my ass.
                          I actually thought since I have cancer and had major surgery and will be going through chemo and radiation that I would not crave a drink.
                          And I didn't crave a drink for a long time.
                          But now I'm doing better and facing chemo next week and I got that little bug in my ear saying "bows your last chance, go for it!"
                          And I craved.
                          My girlfriend came over with tons of homemade food and a bottle of wine. She was actually drunk when she arrived. (Not driving).
                          But it doesn't just go away. My health and life depend on me being as proactive as I can, but the moment I started feeling betterish, and my friend came over, I felt like I wanted to drink to be normal and among the living.
                          I did have some wine. Not a lot but I shouldn't have any. I know this. There is always an excuse to drink.
                          I asked my friend to leave and I made myself a cup of tea. I wrote in my journal and I prayed.
                          I am not healed from this beast just because I have cancer. I naively thought I just would t want to drink and that the experience would take me higher and more enlightened. That doesn't happen.
                          No matter what, I will always want to drink. I have to face that and fight it just as hard as I fight cancer.
                          I hope everyone is doing ok and I will check back in soon.
                          Always remember that alcohol is more powerful than your will, your promises, your desire to live and be a good parent or wife. It is even stronger than cancer.
                          I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would crave a drink so bad during a time where every little step can help me heal and stay alive.
                          That's the truth. And it hurts.
                          But this tea is delicious and relaxing and I'm going to go to bed and get some rest now. Love you all. Xoxo
                          Day 1 again 11/5/19
                          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Nursie, thats the nature of the beast and no, it doesn't always go away. You did the right thing. Hopefully though the cravings will lessen and each time you make a proactive step in not drinking - it gets easier. I don't enjoy being round drunk or' tipsy' people anymore. Its very boring even when they are good friends.
                            Pauly - good on you for getting the AB. Just take the pill. You might need to work out the best time to take it during the day or evening (in case there are side effects. We are all a little different). It made me very dry and thirsty and I felt a little wonky but that went away. These effects could also have been from quitting AL. I didn't have any reactions from cosmetics etc. but I didn't take any risks. Be careful with what people put in desserts at this time of the year - usually you are OK if the AL has been cooked off. AB takes the decision to drink that day (and the next and the next) out of the equation. No debates.

Comment

Lovely to see you Nursie - I too thought the same thing about drinking when I had cancer too ... but it didn't make any difference. Chemo is not fun - in fact my doctor offered to put me in the hospital when I was having it as I was so ill on it - and I said no, because I thought if I was in the hospital I wouldn't be able to drink - how sad is that!! I was still smoking then too and said to my onc about stopping and he said that when one is having chemo, the body is going through enough without giving it more stress as in trying to stop smoking - so not to even try, which amazed me ! I am so proud of you in asking your friend to leave and having tea - you are one strong lady. You will come through this and be even stronger ! When does your chemo start and how long are you having to have it for ? MUCH love and many hugs to you ..... hang in there - it is not easy but it does pass - and soon you will be looking back at it and wondering how on earth you got through it in one piece !! But you will - just hang in there ..... ((((hugs))))

Pauly - good for you getting the AB - yes my tabs are 250 and I only take 1/8 of one as I am affected so badly by them. Even anything with vinegar in it affects me .... hence taking the 1/8 tab - I will not drink on that but as it is such a small amount, have to take it daily and hate when I don't !! I usually take it first thing when my resolve is high ... as Treetops said - watch out for desserts that others make - a girl at work brings some lovely stuff in but I always have to ask her if there is AL in it - I told her that at the moment, I was on a med that I can't drink with - that is all anyone else needs to know.

Got to get ready for work - have a great day everyone.

Hugs, Sun XX
                              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Sure is busy around here!
                                Nursie so good to hear from you! I am keeping you in my prayers. How long is your chemo?
                                Mama you had me laughing! You must post a picture with the footies on!
                                Nora so sorry for your loss.
                                Dottie have fun today. Would love to see a pic with the doggies all dressed up!
                                Pauly, why do you think the doc is a cross dresser? How did you find this guy?
                                Busy day at work yesterday. The new year can't come soon enough for me. Everyone is trying to get appts. in before the year end. I don't even get lunch. The paychecks are nice though and yesterday we got a gift card! Went to church last night and put up the trees! Took Lucy too, it was a lot of fun. CJ is home as her bf is skiing for the weekend. We all watched a couple of episodes of Arrow.
                                Getting my hair cut in a bit. Happy Saturday!

Comment

Working...
                                X