Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ToughInTexas has passed away

Hey you all,
    I just found out that an "oldie" member has passed away. ToughInTexas was the name she used here. Some of you other "oldies" may remember her. She was one of the funniest and sweetest ladies I have ever known.
    Some people discount the connection you can make online, but this is now three members that I was close with that have passed. And it fucking hurts even though I never had the pleasure to meet them face to face.
    I have no details.

Rest In Peace TIT!!!

MUCH LOVE and PEACE!!!!!!!!!

Bob

I am so sorry. I don't think I knew her, I have been here since 2010 and it is heartbreaking to hear of another person passing. May she rest in peace.
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Hi Bob,

Very sorry to hear this. I remember Tough in Texas but hadn't seen her posting for a long time. My condolences to her family and friends.

Thanks for letting us know. Take care mate. Hope all's well with you.

Vale Tough in Texas, G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family. Thank you for letting us know. RIP.
        Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

I didn't know this lady from on here but condolences to the family and may she RIP.

Comment

So Sorry Pro. I did not know her but wish her family and you well.
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I remember her Bob - that is so sad - you have no idea what happened to her though ? How did you hear about it ..... SO sad .......
              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

My condolences to her family. Yes, I remember her.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Aw, that is very sad. Healing thoughts to her family
                  February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

She passed away from end stage Cirrhosis of the liver. This resulted in Multiple Organ Failure. She battled many demons and could never maintain sobriety.

Comment

Sad ... May she RIP
                      Rahul
                      --------------------------------------------
                      Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                      Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                      Rebooting ... done ...
                      Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

I remember Tough in Texas, she often signed her posts TiT.
                        Hadn't seen her around for a while.
                        Thankyou for letting us know.

Hope all is OK with her family.

Take care Prop.

Comment

AA- Support, How do you know this? I knew Jill and was told she had a stroke Sunday night and never recovered. It wouldn't surprise she had organ failure though. Her drinking was off the charts bad for the last few years. I feel terrible for her family. This should be a wake-up call to all of us on this site. Jill was a vibrant full of life gal. So sad she gave up everything in her life for alcohol. I hope she is finally at peace.

Comment

AA-Support how do you know this? Not doubting your info just curious.
                            And More2Life the same question how do you know this? Her obituary states that she passed on 12-3-14. So not to sound cold but she could not of had a stroke on Sun. 12-7-14. I knew and LOVED Jill we had spent many hours talking on the phone after a mutual friend of ours took her own life. We had not spoke in a couple of years so I would really like to know what happened. I found out by trying to send her a PM on Facebook to reconnect.
                            To both of you, If you don't want to respond here you can PM me here. Please!!

Comment

Jeez you guys, when I read this thread I looked up her last posts here...does it matter how or why she died? An example to us all maybe? May her soul rest in peace, may her light shine upon us to show us the way...
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                              X