Clear All

Spiderwoman has two years AF!

Spidey
    has two years
    AF!

Well done on escaping from
    the spider's web that
    booze traps us in!
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Congratulations Sylv xx

Comment

:thumbsup::welldone: Congrats Sylvia picgifs-congratulations-4012499.gif

Comment

Congratulations SW!

Well done. Bravo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thank you peeps, how time flies when you're having fun

Will add something else later but slavery beckons
          AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Brilliant stuff!

Comment

Excellent and fantastic work, a huge congrats on two years. xx
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Congratulations, Spidy...........fantastic.

J x
                :hug:
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

BRILLIANT!!

Comment

Great job SW. Keep it going!

Comment

Congrats for this great accomplishment!
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Congratulations! Yours was one of the stories I followed when I was lurking and deciding to get sober. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks everybody, sorry for the late reply but yesterday was one of those days when I would have come home from work and downed the first bottle in about 10 minutes back in the day. I was going out for tea to my best friend's place and before she would have called at my house on the way home from work to take me to her place, I'd have started on a bottle as soon as I walked in the door! After all it'd been a rough day, I'd had a promotion interview in the afternoon, then my car had overheated a bit on the way home so I would have walked in with 2-3 bottles of wine, opened one before I'd got my coat off and downed a quick one before I took my dog for the briefest of walks. D would have come to pick me up and we'd have certainly finished the first bottle before leaving and quite likely made a start on the second, only stopping because she needed to drive. We'd have arrived at her place, wine poured before anything else and drunk as much as we had (being near Christmas she'd have had more than usual in the house so likely as not it would have been a four bottle night) before I fell into a taxi and staggered home.

Today I'd have got up without a hangover likely as not and gone to work as if nothing had happened out of the ordinary, because it hadn't, that was my life. I'm ashamed typing that lot but its the truth.

These days my life isn't perfect by any means but I can pay my bills, I mostly make it out of the door earlier than necessary in the morning having taken my dog for a long enough walk as opposed to taking him to the corner of the street. Meals are no longer ruined. I can't remember the last argument I had with anybody. Such a difference.

I'm not as thin as I hoped to be but it doesn't actually bother me that much, I make it to the gym and can afford the pay for the membership. I don't make false promises to myself and everybody else and I have absolutely no stress yet I used to claim the booze relaxed me, yet another big fat lie. I now do exactly as I please and if it upsets anybody tough luck, I'm doing it sober and loving life again.

No matter where you are in this journey I still think you have to be vigilant at all times. These days I can buy wine for friends, I've got my favourite glasses back in the kitchen cupboards, the occasional friend will drink wine in my home, I will drink flavoured water from a wine glass and its accepted Sylv just doesn't drink any more, no big deal for my family and friends - or me now.

After all, if I had peanut allergy I would avoid them, I've taught myself to think of wine in the same way.

The support here is amazing so once again, thanks to everybody who's helped and advised at every stage.
                          AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Working...
                          X