No announcement yet.

Fresh Undies for 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, that means I csnt make lunch at the moment.
    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
    Mother Theresa

Comment

Struth Noicey.

That's no good about your dad. Sounds a tough time for you too. How is he going?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I'll know more tomorrow...

Not life threatening at this stage - just hoping nothing else happens!

Thanks Mr G xxxx
        It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
        Mother Theresa

Comment

Ah, ok. Wishing him a full recovery. Take care of you too my friend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Geez Nicey, is grandson OK?
            Are you OK?

Hello Mr G.

Saw Water Diviner to-day. A terrific film.

Comment

Hi Raggsy!

Rusty's back.

Hope you're safe and sound there Frog.

Take it easy y'all.

Comment

Happy Noo Year Undies!
                Tawny I gets where you're coming from - no sweat! I'm stepping back a little also...at least for January at this stage.
                We went camping over Noo Year and on the last day Mr Cakes was stung by a stingray (on the toe)...crikey jeeepers it looked bloody painful. Usually I'm the first one to tell him to harden up but even I kept the cake hole shut. Anyway, then it got infected and so Mr Cakes has been LANGUISHING in hospital for the past 4 nights with another 2 on the agenda...doing intravenous antibiotics. In e oldies days they woulda given him a nip of scotch & cut the bloody thing off.
                Anyway, so I'm not going to make lunch either Rags. Sorry.
                On that note I wish you all a beautiful beautiful 2015.
                Mwuah to all of you.
                Formerly Angelcakes, new name, new attitude.

Comment

Reggie I do understand what you mean and I agree with much of it. I'm gathering my thoughts (which takes some time) so don't delete just yet, OK?
                  There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                  You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

I'm a slow thinker - so this may take a while but I'm still here!

Comment

So - the first thing that comes to my mind is the third paragraph on the front page of MWO which says:
                      "I invite you to join us on this exciting journey, whether you choose to quit drinking completely or moderate your consumption--it's all up to you."

Comment

And I feel very sad that some people who have a different agenda seem to have taken over the site and insist on promoting abstinence, despite the obvious intention of the site owner.

Comment

Sadly, even the Newbies Nest - which even the original poster confirmed recently was meant to be for both moderators and abstainers - has been taken over by one or two persons with their own agendas and anyone who doesn't conform to their philosophy is bullied until they leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie
                            have you thought the you MUST abstain or your life is in danger diatribe.... one day at a time or your life is danger .. approach scares people shirtless and they leave ..it comes across as a caring approach to addiction but its a contradiction ..we are scared in the first place ..why? scare us more ?
                            And - I've been sober for xxx years, but I must "protect my quit" at all costs and post here everyday and if I accidentally gargle mouthwash I'll be in the gutter before you can say Jack Daniels......

If I was a newbie who stumbled across this site, that would be enough to scare me off sobriety forever.

Comment

prepare to be shot down must go slumber

thank you glassy finely some one brave to challenge the current mentality of MWO
                              Que Sera sera. I have confidence in my beliefs.

Comment

Hey cakes glad too see things are cooking for you it seems .Undies i am gonna leave this place .
                                in the words of Martin Luther King

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Grown tired of the self appointed Jesus Christ type saviors ( i died for you're sins) in the newbies nest pretending to know everything about every one that presents them selves with a drinking problem
                                .not because of you but because of the the people that have over taken it ...when I came here I wasn't shuffled off to the newbies nest ( AA abstinence room) as a suggestion when I joined ..i was given a choice to discuss ..there are people here that have found abstinence is the only way and good for them..some hang like= predators to grab the next lost soul and subtlety suggest they do it their way,,,its the only way because they,,,are certain its the only way !!!!!, white knuckle live...... your life on line..... forever..here.... post every day ... here... and you will remain sober .....fuck that...go to a AA meeting .; this place used to provide choice meds ..moderation I am not referring to friends I have made but this place has become so religious in its prohibition to alcohol sugar everything its a sneaky AA in a false blanket lately imo and you get a prize like the AA 90 day alcohol free medal or what ever prize just like again AA ..for fucks sake some use meds to harm minimize and drink what the fucks wrong with that!!!! you nasty.... abstinence only prohibitionists people!!!!!! yes you will parade the sucess stories hide the relapses but you call out all or one..... when they try moderation as snake oil you make them feel like idiots...... have you're bloody ban on alcohol...... prohibition failed ..just because you failed ..personally ..DONT project that fa lier on the rest of the world and new posters and constantly make them relieve your personal failure.... but the world lives on...... the war against drugs you propose always fails because it dumbs addiction down...you purport to know the only way ..but you are just disappointed in your selves and are DETERMINED to project that disappointment on all new addicted people in a quest to make yourself feel justified you have chosen your way ..you suck IMO ..i have been thinking about saying this for a while i saw a post in the newbies nest where some one trying to help a new person with tapering being reported because they didnt like being challenged by their suggestions.....but today ( ismalist assinations in france) .made me speak my mind ..because Im sick and tired of FANATICS what ever their cause ( addiction to alcohol) or whatever goody.goody i am here in youre best interest. cloke they hide under they to present themselves i as im here to help you ..they are fanatics... they make me sick what ever shape they are in they suppress free thinking they think they are saving lives ..maybe a few ..but destroying the majority with their ignorance ,,sorry very angry sick to death of the abstinence FANATICS that have over taken MWO and their bloddy pats on the back .now thats subversive( tool for fanatics) and shits me....The new thanks and like buttons must be the most over used shite on this place .upgraded site ..my arse... lets make this place look like fuckin FACE BOOK ....Abstince fanatics....why dont you plan to blow up a distillery or take hostage a alcohol advertiser...sorry im done

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"

Sorry undies i just needed to vent this place breeds ignorance lately im out
                                Last edited by Reggie; Today at 09:59 PM.
                                Edit / Delete Edit Post Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
                                Thank you for this candid assessment.
                                If you would like to see the Newbie's Nest take a different direction, I'd like to invite you to make it so. These are free forums, you are welcome anytime to come and provide help to those who are desperately seeking answers. You seem to have them.
                                Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X