No announcement yet.

First Army Thread of 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btw, afternoons were/are my problem time as well.

Comment

actually thats not true. you could look all you wanted but got 10 posts before you had to join. labrador forum.

Comment

Well, this still is more accessible than Soberistas where you have to sign in to read at all and then after 50 page views or something, have to pay or you're shut out. I personally like a little more privacy, but not at the expense of membership and offering hope to people who are struggling.

When I post in the Nest, I'm going to try to keep the 30-day "challenge" in mind and suggest that to people who seem ambivalent.

I think it is important that people be told about the NN because I've not seen anyone stick with it who only posted on their personal thread and the other threads (Army, Daily, Monthly, Steppers, Gloamers) are pretty intimidating to a newcomer. It would take some confidence to just jump in (good on you, Shambles!). WE know they are welcome to post, but they don't. I thought you had to be invited for the longest time! Your posts telling people they are welcome here was great, Molly, but that will soon get buried. I'm not sure how best to communicate that none of us are trying to be "clubby" or exclusive.

I was kind of scared of y'all when I first posted here but felt really good when I got my "sweet" nickname. xx, SB :wink:

Comment

privacy, yes, absolutely like that. yes, labrador forum.............i'll check because i know you wont sleep if i dont.

ETA yes, labradorforums. theyve had an upgrade too lololala.
          Last edited by roxane; January 3, 2015, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
            evening --- GOOD movie --- by the end ALL times were my bad times --- I had a 24 hr clock and sleep just sobered me up when I could manage it --- AND I worked full-time throughout --- madness --- often wondered did anyone at work know ---- Joe was convinced they HAD to know --- was in Portugal last April with my old boss -- she's retired over there -- and I told them about my alcoholic status --- I jokingly said to Fran (who is a seriously good friend these days -- and NO bullshit...) 'and of course you KNEW back then?' --- she says no --- she appeared genuinely gobsmacked -- as did my other two pals who I also worked with... I did feel I covered my tracks rather well tho....
            I'm pretty lucky with my boss too. When I fessed up to her what was going on, she said that she'd known that from the first day she'd met me, but hadn't said anything because it had never become a work issue until recently. She was planning to have a meeting with me but I beat her to it, thus avoiding going down the employee assistance route. She used to work in a drug and alcohol service...I suppose I had no chance hiding it from her... :buried:

Comment

i want to say for the record, im not criticising the site. the amount of pages that can be seen by the unregistered is a bit mean though.

Comment

shambles, you wouldnt had stood a chance.

Comment

My nanna nap turned into a big sleep...........off to read back.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

glad you worked it out yourself, so satisfying dont you think. i would have helped if you needed.

Comment

Yep. I've worked with her for 6 years, and she's been my boss for 3, over the years. She's become a good friend as well as being a fantastic boss. We had a long talk after I'd come clean to her and she suggested I consider letting her tell my team what was going on, which I agreed to. If you'd have asked me 3 months ago if I'd be happy with my manager telling my team I was getting treatment for alcoholism I would have spat my wine all over you in horror.

Comment

Bloody hell this thread moves fast!

Comment

Can be like the Marie Celeste round here sometimes................just cakes crumbs floating about.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

where did Jackie go????
                            shes in front of you. behind me.

Comment

ha --- did you eat it all?
                              What the whole of the Marie Celeste or the vegetable cake.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Have to say its been a cracking read today and absolutely brilliant to see Sugarbabe, Scottielassie, Eloise and Shambles (working on your Army name the pair of yous........I'll be gentle)
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X