First Army Thread of 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mollyka
    good points all round there Dreamy --- like Jackie I 'joined' about 9 months before I started posting in earnest -- but I did join around the time I did my first 30 (did 40 actually --- was enjoying it) so I must have been guided to do that here --- tho I can't remember.....

Indeed I read the Dice Man --- great book!!! so you didn't find it online --- must try another few 'search' words... need to go and make a bit of dinner now tho -- the veg cake just doesn't cut it Dreamy...... doing crispy chicken in a white wine creamy sauce and a mushroom risotto ---- quite looking forward to it achully
    How d'ya do the crispy chicken Molls?

Comment

Best get going -
      later gaters

Comment

Wow this thread moves fast - I was also wondering where everyone was on the threads! I too started so I could learn to moderate - maybe that's why it took me a few years after starting to get it straight???
        Also, I hear you can no longer lurk - you can only read two threads then have to join. A couple I know who had password problems during the switch gave up trying to get back on
        Molly - in answer to your question PAGES back - I am an air force brat - born in Scotland but moved with my Dads postings, spent most of childhood in England. Did nurse training in Nottingham and a couple years into nursing decided to have an adventure and came to California - only for a year or so! That was in 1989. In a few years I will have been here over half my life, but not quite yet!
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

I agree about not being able to lurk - I did make a suggestion but not heard back from RJ in a while. I was also terrified of my anominity, and did not want to be found! Much more relaxed now!!
          It is feeling more like fb with thanks and likes etc
          I also tried a couple of searches and not getting this site - I had started on a site called Moder8 but it was not the support I needed and have got here.
          Yes, Molly - still nursing, and will be for good few years unless I win the lottery - don't play so not much chance of that!

Comment

Library sounds fun - I love books!! Paper ones only
            I tried Soberistas too but I am not the best at change especially when I get comfy!

Message you get when you exceed your lurking allowance
            "Hey there!

It appears that you've exceeded the maximum number of posts you can view, but wait, there's a simple solution. To unlock the forum and continue viewing messages, all you need to do is sign up for a free account. The entire process takes just a few minutes so create your account now and view as many threads as you like!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message."

Comment

i think that a restriction isnt necessarily a bad thing, its the way most sites have gone/are going. but i do think that it should be on the main page for you to see rather than find out after looking at x amount of posts. its like the door has been slammed.

Comment

well im not impressed. i logged out to see how many pages i could look at. i didnt count going back or refreshing. 6. six. ridiculous.

Comment

i agree but i think its been made clear that this is not a charity. its not being run for ah fuck, cant think of the word.

Comment

another way to look at it is that by having your arm bent to join (anonymously) you are more likely to be committed to come back. that cant be a bad thing.........if you can remember your log in details. the amount of posts you can see before being shut out is far too small though.

Comment

an awful lot more than sign up.

Comment

The movie was SHITE
                        what was it?

Comment

YES --- well obviously when you see the numbers now --- I wonder does anyone actually know the comparison
                          they can see how many hits theyve had daily weekly monthly. from where. they can compare the new signups with that.

Comment

Veronica Mars
                            must have been straight to dvd.

Comment

Yeah, I was surprised by the 6 page lockout. I've not come across that before on message boards. Kind of forced me to join though because I got hacked off with having to keep coming back. Shame that this place isn't as busy as it sounds like it used to be.

Hot water bottle, Green and Blacks miniature selection pack (£1.99...yessss!) and a scary movie. AV slapped down and back in the box for the night. It seems that 1-4pm is when it's loudest for me. Going back to work on Tuesday, so we'll see how that affects the bastard.

Comment

ive seen it on a few when i was whoring around forums.......fori? one i even joined and paid £15 annual fee for the privilege. shhh, im taking that part down in a while so no one gets any ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X