No announcement yet.

First Army Thread of 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy crap just had a look.............. 'Like most OU students studying part time, you study an average of 60 credits a year – you’ll study for six years to complete a degree. Our typical fee for 60 credits is £2,632*.'
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

(That was in reply to a question some pages back...this thread moves so frickin fast..must remember to use quotes)

Comment

the system, when it works, can be a life saver. i think its great that you got your neighbour involved, who knows otherwise.......... its working now.

the post team didnt think to look a bit more into you? following the letter maybe, so they can tick their boxes. possibly im being harsh but ffs it aint rocket science when someone presents like you did.

Comment

Originally posted by shambles70 View Post
          (That was in reply to a question some pages back...this thread moves so frickin fast..must remember to use quotes)
          me too.

Comment

it costs molly. only not if youre on certain benefits as JC said.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
              but that wouldn't cost YOU that -- just me yeah?
              Nope me and all.............I get no benefits.............so for the whole degree it would be around £15K over 6 years...........slightly cheaper than going to University which is now around £9-13K a year.

Had a quick look short course are now £160.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I had that all wrong --- resentful towards you lot for YEARS for no reason:worthy::devildevil:
                shame on you.

Comment

Originally posted by shambles70 View Post
                  Should have been here a few weeks ago.......it was dead.

Thanks for the post though. How the feckity feck did you manage 8 bottles..............not that I'm looking for tips
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Jumped to Unisa - our distance learning place - saw that there was a Department of Decision Sciences. WTF?

BA at Unisa is R13 000/year; not sure what the exchange rate is, but it's bad news for us, any way.
                    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Okay...quotes ahoy!

The bit I highlight was the key wasn't it --- you reached out to your neighbour and your GP and asked for help and GOT IT ---- how wrong that could have all gone --- if any one of the 3 of you didn't step up to the mark at that moment
                      Originally posted by roxane View Post
                      the system, when it works, can be a life saver. i think its great that you got your neighbour involved, who knows otherwise.......... its working now.

the post team didnt think to look a bit more into you? following the letter maybe, so they can tick their boxes. possibly im being harsh but ffs it aint rocket science when someone presents like you did.
                      I could easily have said 'fuck it, no one wants to help me' after the call from the post team and carried right on. Easily. *shudder* I didn't understand why I got referred to the post team first, Roxy. Since then, I found out (from my keyworker) that the acute team is so understaffed that their threshold for accepting referrals is much higher than it should be, I imagine that's the reason.

now this is where I am inclined to get sidetracked ---- 8 bottles of wine in a day??? that's some amount of actual drinking --- (trust me --- this is not judgemental --- I ended up often drinking a large bottle of voddie a day) -- did you never think of moving on to spirits --- VERY expensive way to drink too no?
                      8 was excessive, even for me. I was a bit shocked when it was pointed out to me that it was equivalent to more than 2 bottles of whiskey. And expensive, yes...especially factoring in the taxis. As for moving on to spirits...whaddya think I am? An alcoholic???

not trying to compare my 'ailments' with what happened there --- but it brought to mind Mutt and Jeff that I saw about my kidney probs before christmas --- only looking at their responsibilities and their areas and sending me from pillar to post --- I felt overwhelmed with all that -- and I'm not drinking --- imagine adding the bewilderment of grog into that equation -- I think it's only short of miraculous how you got sorted Shambles -- and true proof of your determination ---- how do you feel NOW --- with nearly 2 weeks done --- any niggles or wants?
                      Yes, plenty. It'll be a good idea to list them...I'll do that in a bit. But the benefits totally trump them. Right now I feel more relaxed and content than I ever did on alcohol, even when the going is tough. Alcohol relaxes me? BULLSHIT

Comment

Originally posted by DreamThinkDo View Post
                        Jumped to Unisa - our distance learning place - saw that there was a Department of Decision Sciences. WTF?

BA at Unisa is R13 000/year; not sure what the exchange rate is, but it's bad news for us, any way.
                        £723.84. cheap! dont know how cost of living effects it though.

Department of Decision Sciences = the science of decision? keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                          Should have been here a few weeks ago.......it was dead.

Thanks for the post though. How the feckity feck did you manage 8 bottles..............not that I'm looking for tips
                          I can't remember! I'm assuming some of it ended up in the toilet. I only knew it was eight because I'd done the recycling before I started.

Comment

Few and far between acute teams.........you know I always thought my prowess to carry on drinking after I'd puked was something to be rather smug about................how wrong I was.

EDIT: Must go and do housewifey stuff............yah boo hiss.
                            Last edited by JackieClaire; January 4, 2015, 07:15 AM.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Puking into my mouth and swallowing it back down so I wouldn't waste the alcohol...classy drunk, me!

Comment

tip of the day - dont groom your extremely hairy moulting dog wearing anything remotely fleecy. off to walk mut. dog and owner really do look like each other now.

Comment

Working...
                                X