One Step at a time - January 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck mama.
    I made taco salad fixings for dinner. Really good if I do say so. I concoct my own taco seasoning so it is no salt and we poured it over salad. There will be leftovers for tomorrow.
    Staying in so I can get up early tomorrow. What was I thinking agreeing to this, I hope to learn something I guess.
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

home from rehab and had Nana laughing, so that was good.
      Feel better Lizz and glad you had a good taco salad Dots!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Morning all,
        Off to a seminar and it is too early to be up on a Saturday. Thankfully my friend is a morning person and gets up a this time anyway so she is driving...
        Dog training intro later.
        Have a great day!!
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I'm up early too dots. Shouldn't be allowed on a Saturday. Salad sounds yummy. I'm dealing with the cravings too! I'm so tired of it. Glad you had nana laughing, mama. Can you get nana ear plugs? Erin uses them all the time to sleep.

Comment

I offered ear plugs, but she said no thanks.
            Grocery, laundry, etc today.
            I think hubs and I are going to see American Sniper tonight...can't wait!
            I texted Nora and told her to have a good trip.

Comment

grocery and laundry done.....I seem to be all alone here today!

Comment

Hey Mama, I'm here.:happy2: So glad you and hubs have date night after you two have spent so much time taking care of Nana. You both deserve a fun night to yourselves. Enjoy American Sniper.

I've had a fun day with a friend...out for a late breakfast, then shopping. My mother gave me her engagement ring and I was at the jeweler's to pick out a new setting and band. I've always been a yellow gold kind of person, but I went with white gold this time, with Mom's diamond in the middle and smaller diamonds on both sides. I think it will be pretty.
                I made a big fruit salad for our church tonight. We are hosting the men from the local homeless shelter. They are spending two nights in our cozy church basement. It actually IS pretty nice for a basement....it's carpeted and cheerful.

Dottie...a seminar and dog training on the same day. How fun! Do your dogs need training or are you training other people's dogs?

Hi Lizz, Nora, K9, Pauly, FT, and everyone else I may have missed...how you are all having a peaceful Saturday night without booze. I am. ;-)

Comment

Ahh rusty, my favorite subject. . .diamonds! Good for you on the new ring and setting. My rings are yellow gold too but I recently acquired my mother in laws ring and had it reset in white gold. It's a huge marquise which would not be my choice but the resale was next to nothing because of the shape. My father in law gave it to my husband before he passed away. My middle daughter will get it when she gets engaged and she will reset it, but for now it's mine and I love it. My sister in law still doesn't know, but that's a story for another day. Busy cleaning things for the kitchen. Bought fabric to recover the chairs, project for another day. Shower and gonna chill the rest of the night. CJ and joe made it safely to Puerto Rico and are on the ship waiting to leave. St Croix for them tomorrow. Living vicariously through them. I might be rid of this diamond sooner rather than later.

Comment

Hi all...we made it in a little over 6 hours. My FIL is not doing well. I might be making the trip home by myself. We will wait and see.

I'm sorry that I haven't kept up with everyone.

I hope that someone starts the new thread tomorrow.I will be home late.

:heartbeat:
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Evening all,
                      Long day but productive. I am taking the new dog Finn to training. He is a ball of energy and needs to be taught some respect. Today was just to go over the booklet and some basics. I take him next week.
                      Seminar was interesting and it was good to be with a girlfriend for a change and our hubbs hung out and went to breakfast. Her hubby has Parkinson and is getting worse and it is so sad to watch so having my hubbs with him helped her relax knowing he was not alone and got to go out and do something. So good for us all.
                      Church tomorrow if we dont get snowmagedden....if we do we will sleep in. I am rooting for snow.....shame on me!
                      Last edited by Dottie Belle; January 31, 2015, 08:24 PM.
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

American Sniper was incredible, but not for the faint of heart, People were applauding at the end. Clint Eastwood is an incredible director.
                        Watching church on tv and may just be a bum the rest of the day
                        I love diamonds too! I have a 2 carat marquis mounted in yellow gold and I love it.

Comment

Working...
                        X