• Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Way to go G!

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
      Greetings everyone.

Hope all are ok out there. I passed my english teaching course at long last. PITA that was with night classes clashing with work commitments, and some vague teaching methods that i struggled to get, but all done now and all good. So where to now? Maybe i could teach in Spain, Turkey, Sth america, Cambodia?......Nice to have this handy little qualification in my back pocket to earn a bit of pocket money and meet the locals while travelling.

Take it easy.
      Mr. G - fantastic news!! So proud of you, my friend. Just goes to show you what we can accomplish when we don't let AL cloud our every waking minute. Onwards and upwards!!!
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Thanks Stirly whirly curly, Snoopy, Mr V, KT and y'all.

Top of the morning from the beach pad. Autumn here approaching wintertime so getting a little nippy in the mornings. Got me leg over last night......Jesus! The ol boy's still got it. :congratulatory:

A working weekend ahead and that's ok. So happy i've finally completed the basic english teaching short course, as i really thought i'd blown it, but they gave me an extension and so i scraped through. it means that doors are now open overseas to find a school somewhere and throw myself into the local community and culture. Apparently a lot of work in Asia and Sth America, Mexico, Turkey, Eastern Europe. So cool now to be able to land in a country with qualification and see where it leads me. maybe i'll find a wife? :applause:

Considering the antabuse option seriously at the moment. I get to 3-4 months and crumble. It might be the simple tool i need to get me through that barrier psychologically. I'll do some more research on it. As long as side effects are minimal, could be a goer.

Congrats to our friend Nursie on 6 months AL free! What a total rock star.

Techie, Hope things turn out ok on tuesday. Interested to hear how it goes. Hope u have an easy weekend mate.

Take care everyone. L8tr Yo! Bagels all round.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good on you Mr G. Been a while since I wAved across the ditch

Comment

Hiya TT!

:yay:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Congratulations on passing your course :hug:

And a... (belated) Happy Birthday!!!
              To see a world in a grain of sand
              And a heaven in a wildflower.
              Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
              And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Hi LS! Thanks mate. Have a beautiful weekend and take care of you.

Comment

Congrats G! You done good.
                  I might be popping into your neck of the woods for the Van Gogh exhibition soon, so don't go too far away!
                  There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                  You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Originally posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
                    Congrats G! You done good.
                    I might be popping into your neck of the woods for the Van Gogh exhibition soon, so don't go too far away!
                    Let me know. I'm up for a cuppa wit u.

Comment

G-Man!:heartbeat: I am so very proud of you for passing that extremely difficult course!! Is there a favorite country you would like to visit?

Glassie and G....I have never been to Australia, but a friend of mine lives there for 6 months a year, and then she comes back to Wisconsin, where right now it is Spring but we are heading into summer in just a few weeks. The pictures she posts on Facebook from Australia are absolutely BREATHTAKING! Wow, the cool experiences she has...I never tire of her adventures.

Comment

Wanted to pop in and give my congratulations to you, Mr. G. That list of possible destinations is exciting - how and when will you pick?

I can't speak to Antabuse - never used it. I know your bright spirit and determination shine through when you're not drinking. That's why you have such a fan club on this forum. I am wishing for you your continued peace and happiness.

xo
                        Pav

Comment

Ah shucks Rusty and Pavi. Thanks pretty ladies. :heartbeat:

Nice routine your friend seems to have Rusty. Oz is a big and geographically diverse place. Where does your friend like to stay here? Wouldn't matter where really, lot's of untouched nature to get immersed in.

Pav, i'm going to asia in june or july for a couple of weeks to check out the vibe there for pt. time english teaching work for future reference, and to visit some friends. then back home, work a bit longer, and prepare for a lengthy departure and travel around september/october possibly? Plan is open as to the date i'm leaving. Depends on a couple of things, but it is happening. Not sure which country first. e.g. I want to go to Mexico city, and if i like it, see if i can teach there for 6 months or so and get amongst folk. If i like Asia, then i'm fairly much guaranteed work there for awhile. Turkey and Sth America are goers too. I have a friend in Dominican republic so will visit there, and they might have some teaching work also. Teaching english is less the purpose of my travels, more a little pocket money and tool for immersing myself in local communities. Making music with and for local communities and the world is my undercover mission!

Working weekend is over here. Yeah! Tomorrow is lunch with some chicks, one's an english teacher who's gonna give me about 1000 lesson plan ideas for teaching, on a hard drive for future reference. Who say's i ain't prepared?! Go git it!

Comment

Good morning friends from the beach pad. Wintery weather here, but relatively warm in my heart. I have an Irish artiste friend who lives in the west of Ireland somewhere among some out of the way islands. we don't know each other real well yet, but lawdy she sure is gorgeous. She 's sending me a selection of mini painted images from a book she's just put out as a birthday present, so in return i will write and send her a piece of music. Could be the start of something noice! Either way, it keeps me out of mischief doing something i love. Now who am i to whinge about ANYTHING, or be ungrateful for my lot in life eh? Lucky fella, that's how i look at it.

Have a ripper out there.

Comment

Top of the sunny wednesday morning to you reader. A cool brisk sunny 18C autumnal day ahead. Noice. Off for lunch with a mate later, but first a little gym work and a few rounds on the bag to let it know who's boss round these parts. I haven't been training these last couple of weeks due to hectic study prep schedule to finish this damn teaching course which is now thankfully done and dusted!

Have an absolute ripper out there wherever you are. No ticket here no matter who no matter what.

Where art thou Mario? Hope you're ok mate.

Comment

Morning from the beach pad.

Off to the docs today to talk about antabuse. Def a big first for me going down the meds route. See how it goes. Take it easy out there.
                                Last edited by Guitarista; May 10, 2017, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X