Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Top of the saturday morning pilgrims.

Day 5 and gaining a little more clarity in head and err, heart. Emotions sure can mask the reality of a situation Arsie. Don't i know it! Yes, it is so easy for me to get sucked in to the incorrect, illogical, zero evidence based thoughts that enter me head. i like to think i'm onto it, but it sure takes some practice and a little self awareness.

I feel i'm slowly entering the 'acceptance' stage of loss/grief, not that i suffered any major loss or tragedy with this woman, but i did feel a sense of sadness and loss. So, acceptance of the situation it is now. Acceptance that she has gone, and that's ok. I have become a believer in - If it's meant to be, she will come back, but i'm not waiting around or putting my life or heart on hold even though a space remains for her :nutso:

Physically - seem to be healing ok from op.

Take it easy.
    Last edited by Guitarista; August 18, 2017, 04:01 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Sat 11:35 a.m. Antabuse popped, so there'll be no sitting around moping and resorting to drink for the next week or so whilst i'm hanging around waiting for post op healing and mobility. Why i know what i can do. I can go within and meditate, read, study, practice more and get better on my instrument. Glad we sorted that out. Feel a million bucks after having a shower just now. Off for a walk to the shops for supplies of the non AL variety. L8tr Yo!
      Last edited by Guitarista; August 18, 2017, 08:39 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Glad the OP went well, and you're on the mend. Now, if only relationships could be cured with a few days rest. Take care. Hope the gig goes well.

Comment

I'm so proud of you G - especially for popping the Antabuse. Sending you lots of virtual hugs. You are loved by so many here.:huggers::huggers:
          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Top of the sunday morning to ya pilgrims.

Thanks Glassy and Mr V, and congrats on 81 days. Glassy, hugs right back at you! :hug:

Day 6 AF and day 4 post op. AF wise, feeling great and focused. Feeling better all the time physically. Gig tonight. Still can't lift much. Even putting the kettle on reaching over can cause a twinge if i'm not careful, but overall i feel pretty good and positive. the bass player is picking me up later and lugging my gear for me. Might get him to do the vacuuming while he's here haha.

On the romance front, well.....i'm much better and am good, however part of me is a little perplexed, but joyous at receiving a text from ex-woman last night. She said 'I was thinking about you and how amazing you are and our short time together was special etc and you'll have no probs finding a good relationship etc'. Ok, that's a normal thing to say i suppose, and i appreciate it. She hasn't totally cut communication. I dunno. There is still a warmth here that has a pilot light still burning somewhere. Sheesh. Maybe i'm reading imaginary stuff between the lines cause i want to, but either way the facts are....Right now, she is gone, and i am moving on with my life and not waiting for her. Anyway, it's cool we are friends and the warmth between us remains. Who knows what happens when she returns from her holiday. I am smart enough to not be attached to ANY sort of outcome. Ah, she sure makes me heart skip a beat though! haha.

Edit: Some further romance area thoughts: I've wondered if i seem to be hanging onto false hope with her. hehe, maybe a little, but i am very happy to say that my heart is settled and seems to be aligned with reality and the present. Intuition tells me to keep the door open, and i have/will. However, my approach with this woman now is to not initiate any contact, and when she returns from holidays, if she contacts me, we'll take it from there. if she doesn't contact me to meet up etc, no worries, that in itself tells me she's not interested in romance, and i'm totally cool with that. Looks like we'll remain pretty good friends either way, so at the very least, i might give her a call in 6 months or so to say nothing more than hello.

Today is a good day. Let's git it!
            Last edited by Guitarista; August 19, 2017, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Gman - I think you're totally cool period! Sending positive romance mojo your way my friend.
              Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Thanks Marylou. You are pretty cool yourself! :happy2:

Just back from playing a great gig. i suppose i could write anything here lol, but it really was a cracker. Great crowd and we/i played like demons. lot's of nice compliments which really lifted my spirits. And some nice looking ladies showing an interest too, which really, really lifted my spirits and reminded me that there are PLENTY of good looking fish in the ocean! haha. And to think i thought of cancelling this gig last week because i was feeling sad. I said Gman!! Get yourself out there and amongst it in such situations! And i did. Good night.
                Last edited by Guitarista; August 20, 2017, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Great post!
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Yo Techie! Hope you're good bro.

Must be day 7 booze free. I'll take that. Monday morning, feeling good. great gig last night. Was a little sore in the surgery area afterwards due to the extra activity of walking, talking, moving in and out of car etc, and pulled out the heavy painkiller med option which did its job. Ok this morning. Taking it easy today on day 5 post op. Still a bit of heartache, but staying positive and grateful for even having a heart that aches. Well, trying to!

Take it easy out there

Comment

Just wondering G-man, were you able to stand through the whole gig, or was some sitting on a stool involved. Either way, glad it was a rawkin' time!

Comment

Gidday Mr V. I was able to stand actually. I had a stool arranged in case, but i felt good and even threw in some Elvis moves.....not really! I'm also the singer, and no probs with exertion there (doc said earlier singing should be ok). Along with others, I helped a very drunk fella back up into his chair which may've accounted for a little pain in the abdomen later. But i felt good overall. Hope you're good there mate.

And it's top of the tuesday morning to y'all. Sunny start to the day. Good for me to keep occupied/distracted at this point and i have a couple of good projects to help with that. One is finishing a mostly done album for my band, which upon listening yesterday, still sounds good enough to put out. I'm also putting together a mobile music recording set up so i can approach artists i like and say 'hey, i wanna record you for free, as i've got some new gear i want to try plus i want to keep busy'.....lot's of world music bands, folk, metal etc around here, so no shortage of takers. This is an idea i've had for awhile, but with more of a focus on recording people struggling with mental health (and booze/drug) issues for free. Maybe i should get them to throw in $50 for petrol etc. dunno at this stage. Some gear already ordered and on it's way to me in a week or so. Anyway, just some thoughts. I am feeling the love from my bandmates, family, sunday nights audience, and my friends here. Feeling good with a sunny disposition. I am leaving my previous speculative, presumptuous, negative time wasting dwelling on the past thoughts in my dust. i'm rebuilding from the inside. After all, this is an inside job. :llama:

Must be day 8, and i'm enjoying counting right now. Take it easy out there.

Comment

Nice idea Mr G, go for it.
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Top of the wednesday morning from the beach pad.

Must be day 9, and i'm a countin' pilgrim. Sunny outside and reasonably sunny inside my heart. Feeling relaxed and optimistic. Plenty of hope to go around here. Physically, i woke up with zero pain/sensation in the surgery area except of course a little discomfort when i get up, but then it's cool. So healing well. Yesterday's travels out and about on public transport to school, then shopping and back went pretty well. Emotionally, feeling good and stable, Mentally, relaxed and quietly focused. I know what i have to do, and what i want to do.

x- post Tabbers. Yo! Thanks mate. Hope you're good.

Take it easy out there. Let's git it!
                            Last edited by Guitarista; August 22, 2017, 06:06 PM.

Comment

The studio work sounds good, G-man. Got a friend here who runs a studio, one of the best in the area, he loves it.

Comment

Cool mr V. I have a home set up for myself, but as mentioned i'm also putting together a mobile set up to take out onsite to bands, e.g. a house, hall, rehearsal studio.

Top of the morning to y'all on day number 10! Been here a few times. 6 C this morning but should be a sunny day. Got a lot of music work done yesterday, and will follow up with more today. Still trying to let this recent woman go from my mind. Not too bad. I'm a lot better than a week or so ago at least. Keeping busy doing stuff i value really helps. I've also found a way to exercise the upper body without engaging the core/tummy muscles, so i'm happy to to be able keep some sort of tone happening whilst unable to use weights which helps my ego a little! Also just doing something a little physical feels good. Battling on here!

Physically feeling much better each day re last thursdays op. First week out of the way and the hardest for sure.

Take care out there. Git some self lovin' in today.
                                Last edited by Guitarista; August 23, 2017, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X