G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Mr G,,, you sound like you really want your sobriety and good for you, I notice with myself that life is so easy without The alcohol.
    Sadly to say my brother passed away at 32 still suffered with depression but died of aggressive cancer.
    This week I start college on thursday getting nervous, now its getting closer. Been having nightmares about it, how mad is that :egad:

Its good when we stop drinking & we take pride in ourselves,

Xcatch22X
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

My condolences to you Catch for your brother.

College eh? That is SO cool! I'm studying a diploma in mental health and i love it. I'll be finished end of november we're told. Go for it.

taking pride in ourselves is so important. This morning i started with self care. Some breathing, basic yoga set, and a short simple meditation. Now i'm off to the gym for an easy workout then school in the arvo. have a great night.
      Last edited by Guitarista; September 11, 2017, 06:33 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good wednesday morning from the beach pad.

Yet another mini milestone being celebrated here. Jumpin' jalapeno's!

Sadhana = daily practice. This can be anything such as yoga, meditation, journaling etc. For me it's the 2nd day of a 40 day practice to kick me off. I hear the Yogi's have considered for thousands of years that a 40 day practice is when you can install a new habit. Why not i say.

Maybe it's less about not drinking. Maybe it's more about loving yourself so much that you don't want to drink. Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

The best of the best of thursday mornings to you pilgrims on the pilgrimage.

G Man the comeback continues with great optimism, hope and strength. As the effects of kryptonite fade, the inner power switch flicks on, and the big turbines begin to whirr. I'm committed to doing something, anything that i love and is important to me every day without fail. It's important for me to do something each day, no matter great or small, that aligns with my mission statement, who i am and why i am on the planet. it's about following my truth. Lucky i've known what that is for a long time. Can be tricky finding it or even knowing where to start. if so, just start where you are right now, no rules, just show up every day for yourself. K? K. just thinking aloud. Sadhana done. Yoga, breath of fire, meditation. This took about 10 minutes of my time max this morning. 10 minutes of self care. What else am i gonna do to kick off my day? Drink? Nope, not today umpire.

Alright ya pasty faced light forsaken pilgrim, let's git it! :llama:

If you are seeking, seek us with joy
          For we live in the kingdom of joy.
          Do not give your heart to anything else
          But to the love of those who are clear joy,
          Do not stray into the neighborhood of despair.
          For there are hopes: they are real, they exist -
          Do not go in the direction of darkness -
          I tell you: suns exist.

- Jalal-ud-Din Rumi
          Last edited by Guitarista; September 13, 2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

I'm feeling the joy all the way up here, Mr. G! :thumbsup: You're the best!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
              I'm feeling the joy all the way up here, Mr. G! :thumbsup: You're the best!
              Dill, you've put a BIG smile on my face and warm feeling inside! You're a legend.
              Last edited by Guitarista; September 13, 2017, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Great vibe here at the beach pad! Might stick around for a few days and try and catch a few waves.

Comment

Good onya mr V. Stay as long as you like friend.

Top of the friday morning to y'all. It's sunny out my back window, and grey skies through the front. Melbourne's usual contrary weather! But it's reasonably sunny in me little ol heart i can say. Sadhana done and dusted, which was speed yoga, breath of fire, and speed meditation (5 minutes of breathing). I could probably make a few bucks advertising 'speed yoga' 3 minutes max pilgrims for lazy fkers, but you gotta do it EVERY day without exception. E book only $47.95. Lose weight now, ask me how!

A little breakfast then to the gym followed by an easy run. I've sent off my resume and applied for a couple of jobs way up north of the country in the remote desert areas as a community worker. I did it mainly just for the hell of it. I'm not desperate for work as i'm still working here, but i've been wanting to shake things up a bit with some adventure for awhile, so who knows? See what happens. Throwing myself in the deep end. hehe.

Take it easy out there. Git it G man!

Comment

Mr G I can see you being good at community work reading your post give me lots of joy 😎
                    Mr V big wave from catch 😊
                    On my mobile phone here can't tap out to much because I get confuse on a small phone 🙄
                    First day at college and I enjoyed every minute of it. It is going to be a intense course that will take up to 24wks instead of a year. So am going to be busy also put my name down for computerised accounts which will help me if I want to go further and do bookkeeping level 2.
                    Have a good weekend, Enjoy All
                    Xcatch22X
                    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Had a few mates try and teach me the ropes today. surfing dolphins.jpg
                      Getting through the tough parts is better with help.

Comment

Top of the morning to you friends near and not so far.

Wow Catch! Congrats on your first day of college. What are you studying? Book keeping related course? The next 6 months of studying sounds like a cool adventure. I finish my studies end of november/early december. Talking to my teacher the other day and he said if i want to travel now or get work in another state or country, e.g. next week, i can still finish and pass the course as i've completed most of it, so that's good to know if i get some irresistible job offer somewhere.

Mr V. You're looking sharp on that wave man! Now there's a way to start your day. I need to go work somewhere like that. Remote beach location near some country town. I'm a lookin' mumma.

Sadhana done and dusted. Feels good to get my speed yoga, speed meditation and breath of fire practice out of the way first thing in the morning and settle down to a cuppa. Did a lot of work on my bands new album last night. Almost finished. I sent a copy to the boys, so will hear what they think today. Upon listening to it on different speakers, i'll need to remix a couple of tracks as the instrument levels are a little unbalanced. i.e. too much guitar (me) hehe.

Sat. 6:45 a.m. Grey and raining outside. Sunny patches in my heart. Take it easy out there.

Comment

Happy sunday from the beach pad. All good here. Off for a run down the beach in the sun. 15-17 C here today. reckon i'll catch a 2.30 meeting near me before heading across town to see some mates. take it easy and git some self lovin' in.

Comment

Just back from a sunday arvo AA meeting. very powerful and positive. haven't been to one for months. Below is an excerpt from an NA book about emotional balance. One of my big issues! I like how it mentions meditation, something i practice daily. thanks to NA for below text.

“Emotional balance is one of the first results of meditation, and our experience bears this out.”

Basic Text, p.47

––––=––––

Though each of us defines “emotional balance” a little differently, all of us must find it. Emotional balance can mean finding and maintaining a positive outlook on life, regardless of what may be happening around us. To some, it might mean an understanding of our emotions that allows us to respond, not react, to our feelings. It can mean that we experience our feelings as intensely as we can while also moderating their excessive expression.

Emotional balance comes with practice in prayer and meditation. We get quiet and share our thoughts and hopes and concerns with the God of our understanding. Then we listen for guidance, awaiting the power to act on that direction.

Eventually, our skills in maintaining near-balance get better, and the wild up-and-down emotional swings we used to experience begin to settle. We develop an ability to let others feel their feelings; we have no need to judge them. And we fully embrace our own personal range of emotions.

––––=––––

Just for today: Through regular prayer and meditation, I will discover what emotional balance means to me.'

Comment

Namaste Mr. G.
                              I also have found yoga, meditation & mindfulness invaluable in my recovery. The mind space I find myself in after a practice feels the polar opposite to how I am when poisoning my mind and body, seeking the escape from the 'now' by drinking. I think its all about balance, mind, body & soul, a much happier and more fulfilling place don't you find.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Def more fulfilling Mr. KT. Practice in managing my thoughts and trying to get good at it is my daily mission. Once i learn how to let go, i reckon that's a huge step forward. I'm getting better at it. I was reminded at yesterdays AA meeting a couple of times from some great speakers on the subject of letting go. Giving things over. 'Let go let god' as they say. For me that reads as let go, let the universe take care of it. I've been taking this attitude when thinking of my recent mini break off with a woman. Whatever will be, will be. Let it go and let it do what it will do (the situation/life/reality). I can wish for something all i like, but i can't control the outcome. Letting go and handing stuff over to the universe/higher power makes a lot of sense to me, and sure makes things easier when i think of it this way.

Sadhana done. = daily speed yoga, speed meditation, breath of fire (said to reduce cravings). A light breakfast then off to the gym for some easy weights and a few rounds on the bag. Reckon i'll head into town after that for a lunchtime meeting just to reinforce the vibe, and absorb the warm energy i always feel in the rooms. Some music work finishing mixes for an album later and a little homework for school tomorrow. plus, an old music fan/romantic interest from Sth america who i used to Skype with a lot over a year ago (but i pulled out because of the physical distance) called me the other day and we finally caught up again yesterday. She's still very interested in me, and vice versa. Now that i'm ready to travel, this could be a goer. We're chatting again today. Lot's of stuff i enjoy right there.

let's git it G fella.
                                Last edited by Guitarista; September 17, 2017, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X