G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Hey G Man! You still RAWK! Good luck in your marathon, kick some butt. That is pretty amazing but then you are and amazing guy, right?

Have a good one
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Thanks Dill, and Gidday Narilleeeeeee!

The 10k run was great. Thousands of people doing marathon, half marathon, 10k, 5k, 3k walk. Top day. It was easier than i thought as i hadn't done a lot of running in the lead up. 15k city to sea run November 12 is next as long as I'm not working that morning.

Jumping Jalapeno's! Holy harbinger of Halo's! Mini/major milestone here today. For ladies and Gent and bald headed babies it's....................Day *&^%$#!! AF. Wowza!

24C grey sky's and windy here this morning. It's also a little windy in my heart, but i'm onto it. My way is clear, and my inner balance is holding firm. Bending like bamboo with the blustery conditions, but never breaking.

Have a bewdy out there. Go git it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Wow, that is great! 10k is pretty awesome.
        Your weather sounds very nice, I could do with +24C right now. Actually +24 is good anytime

Have a good one! I'll go git it!
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Thanks Narilly! A bit cooler here today 16c. but it's springtime and summer is sure on its way.

Top of the friday morning pilgrims. Day (*&^%! and the feeling's very very good. Looking noticeably better and healthier/switched on alert too. All of those things that living booze free brings with it. But i attribute the looking better/feeling better also to keeping an eye on what i eat. I haven't been on the cakes and muffins/sweet stuff which puffs my eyes up a little, so happy with that minor sacrifice! Sadhana done and dusted. it would be around 40 days straight by now. The Yogi's reckon 40 days is when a routine is likely to have settled in. Either way, i will continue with my bastardised, butchered, irreverent but respectful and mindful version of thousands of years of yoga and meditation technique. Buddha, Sri Chimnoy, Hare Krishna, and Guru Neville down the road might be shaking their heads at me, but i'm sure they're laughing too, in a good way.

Off to the gym to pump iron, hit the bag, then an easy run on the beach followed by a dip in the sea. That'll bring me to lunchtime where i hope i can be fkd finishing my bands album.

Take it easy out there. Building a strong foundation and resilience. How? By gittin some self lovin' in today K? K.
          Last edited by Guitarista; October 19, 2017, 04:04 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

From NA -

October 19

Standing for something

“...we could feel time, touch reality, and recognize spiritual values long lost to many of us.”

Basic Text, p. 88

––––=––––

In our active addiction, we were prepared to compromise everything we believed in just to get our hands on more drugs. Whether we stole from our families and friends, sold ourselves, or lied to our employers, we were ignoring the values that mattered most to us. Each time we compromised another dearly held belief, another chunk of the mortar holding our characters together fell away. By the time many of us came to our first meeting, nothing was left but the ruin of our former selves.

We will locate our lost values as we carry out our first honest self-examination. But in order to rebuild our characters, we’ll find it necessary to maintain those values, no matter how great the temptation to shove them aside. We will need to be honest, even when we think we could fool everyone by lying. If we ignore our values, we’ll discover that the biggest fibs we’ve told have been the ones we’ve told ourselves.

We don’t want to start the demolition of our spirits again after all the work we’ve put into their restoration. It’s essential that we stand for something, or we risk falling for anything. Whatever we find important to us, we honor.

––––=––––

Just for today: I stand for something. My strength is the result of living my values.

Copyright © 1991-2017 by Narcotics Anonymous World Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Comment

Top of the saturday morning to y'all.

Standing for something. What are my values? What's important to me? What is my mission statement for my time on planet earth?

have a bewdy out there. In work this weekend and liking it, not loving, but liking very much. Ooroo!

Comment

Top of the sunday morning to you pilgrim from the internationally acclaimed beach pad.

It's day *&^%! but who, i say who's counting?! The feeling's very good. Eating sensibly is making a difference to how i look and feel. I'm not on any strict diet, but i'm just avoiding sweet treats such as a 6 pack of mince pies or muffins from the supermarket. These taste great, but i get a little puffy behind the eyes next day and look like i've been on the turps or something. lol. I'm sticking with lots of veggies and fish, rice, chicken, and a little fruit for now. Regular mostly daily visits to nature (for me that's beach) helps keep my mindset focused on the good stuff and remember that this world, this life is full of endless possibilities just waiting for me with open arms a warm welcome.

I still have a plan to travel and shake things up a bit in my life. Just exploring the logistics. maybe after January? Am thinking of going into poorer, low resource communities or ghetto's in my country and overseas, and speaking with the organisations who care for locals who are struggling, with an offer - I come with my guitar. Let me run a little music program where i will work with anyone who plays an instrument, or wants to play, or sings, raps, writes words, and we'll make a record together. Purpose? Improve mental health and build/rebuild some life skills like communication, working in a team, self esteem/confidence building. No cost. Refugee camps, remote communities, anywhere. An idea I've had for awhile. Reckon i'll start it off here in my city. Maybe in a couple of weeks. Just take the leap and jump in!

Working today. Let's git it.
                Last edited by Guitarista; October 21, 2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

That's a great goal, G.

Comment

Thanks Mr V. I've got most of the mobile recording gear necessary. Need to buy some drum microphones and a couple of leads and stands, good pair of headphones. Ringing a mate in the biz today to see what kind of discount i can get on all of that. Hope you're good there mate.

Top of the monday morning from the beach pad. All good here. Just popped a quarter of an AB pill as backup for the week ahead. Might as well. No side effects for me. I'm feeling focused, but i know my thinking can still wander off sometimes. Last night after work was a good example of thinking a drinking scenario through i.e. can i get away with it?! The reason i didn't drink was because of pride really. I've been happy with the way i've been looking recently, plus knowing i need to keep AF consistently to give my brain and body time to heal. 2 days of boozing will throw that out of whack for a few weeks has been my experience. No thanks umpire! Good call G fella.

Thinking of my friends here Wags and Ava.

Holy Knitpickin' Nuns of Naverone, it's day #$%^&!!

Let's git it. :llama:
                    Last edited by Guitarista; October 22, 2017, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Yo W'dup pilgrim?

Top of the tuesday morning to ya. Gig this friday with my band. Oh yeah! Helping a friend out making some music today. It's kind of at beginner stage with a rookie, so painstaking work, but i've kept it tight so we don't waffle on with a 3 hour session agreed upon. Will be interesting and fun anyway. Rang a mate yesterday about getting a deal on some musical equipment for a project I'm initiating, and he's onboard so good result there which i'll pursue this week. Yep, this thread's all about ME. What else can i tell u about ME?......Oh yeah, i put some apple cider vinegar in my hair the other day. they reckon it adds shine or something. can't tell the difference meself.

Punchin' pentecostal priests! It's Day *&^%$#@! Go git it pilgrim! yes you.

Comment

ACV in the hair? never heard of it. it's likely to melt that glue of super topper toupe!
                        I take it daily in the morning, helps keep the stomach in balance. really.

Comment

ACV in the hair? Oh yes, I've been there done that! LOL! I don't think it did much for me either. I tried egg whites, too at one point but I want to caution you. If you try the egg treatment, make sure you rinse in cool water..... I missed that part in the instructions and I had little bits of cooked egg whites all through my hair! :egad:
                          :cuss:

Great to see you trying new things! Just like the starship enterprise crew: boldly go where no one has gone before!:welldone:
                          Last edited by dill; October 24, 2017, 11:57 AM.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Gosh Mr G
                            I could hardly open this thread I was so blinded by your shiny, flowing locks.

I L O V E your new venture. I can see so many people with mental health issues just flourishing with a new sense of purpose and knowing someone cares about them. Just look after yourself in the process, OK? You will see and hear things that are draining, both emotionally and spiritually, so make sure you put that little yellow mask on yourself each morning in the form of your Sadhana. And pop a pill now and then just to be sure - the AB one of course!

:hug::love::hug::love:
                            Last edited by Glass Half Empty; October 25, 2017, 12:30 AM.
                            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Thanks Classy Glassy. Don't worry, i'm onto myself in the emotional trauma stakes. Funny, nothing really upsets or unhinges me when working with people who are struggling and have horrible stories to tell or currently experiencing. It's the little things like traffic, or romantic liaisons where i've gotta keep an eye on myself.

Top of the thursday morning to all. A little clogged up in the head and nose as a minor flu passes by, but feeling better this morning. Gig tomorrow night with my band. Oh yeah! On day #$%^&(!! i can say i'm feeling damn good and proud. I have every intention of keeping my mind on the big picture. I am gonna kick some ass in this life. Right, with that intention, i'll visit my music shop mate and see what kinda deal he can get me on a bulk buy of some gear for my mobile recording studio. The guts of it i've already got, just some peripherals now.

Take it easy out there. There is ALWAYS hope. Believe it. I've had to dig incredibly deep for hope before, but if you just try to keep your heart and your mind OPEN, you will see it. Sometimes it's there right underneath our noses. Now Go git it pilgrim! :llama:

"My Mystery will always be protected from fools," He said. "For fools think they know, fools think they understand. Fools are never foolish enough to lose their heads for love. And who but the headless ever approach My Throne?"

- Jalal-ud-Din Rumi
                              Last edited by Guitarista; October 25, 2017, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Top of the friday morning to ya from the beach pad.

Minor flu almost gone, and gig tonight with my band. Didn't get out yesterday to track down musical equipment, but will do today or monday. Now, i reckon a new shirt for the gig is in order. With apple cider vinegar in my hair, i should be looking tops tonight.

Take it easy out there. Don't forget to throw in a little bit of self lovin'.

Let's git it.

Comment

Working...
                                X