G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Hmmmm.......Don't know what to say G. Tread lightly.....

Comment

Thanks Jude. Ah, it's ok. I'm not concerned or worried about it. She's off the radar for now.

day @#$%^!! but who's countin'? In work today, bands album finished last night, so just a matter of transferring files and sending it all off for a polish up.

have a bewdy out there pilgrims.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

You have a great attitude G.....you'll go far.

Comment

Thanks Jude. Yep, this kid will go far to be sure, and doing so.

Happy friday morning from the beach pad. Another warm day forecast ahead, around 30C +. In work this arvo, and will get a run/swim and some gym work in this morning. Sadhana done and dusted. The yogi's recommend doing anything like this for at least 40 days to forge a new habit/routine. it's been probably at least 70 + days straight of morning meditation and speed yoga. A continuing statement in self care G man? Yes, you bet big buddy. Noice.

In other news, am about to jump in and buy my recording gear for mobile studio set up and project. Reckon i'll start purchasing next week. Got a few items priced and locked in, just been a bit too busy with work and other stuff to go check things out in shops. My bands album is mostly ready to go to someone else for the final 'mastering' stage for a polish. All of my work is now done. I just have to transfer some audio files across the net, which has thrown up some pesky little annoying technical barriers! But i'll work it out soon enough.

Take it easy out there. Go git it pilgrim! I sure am. Not wasting another minute of my precious time. :llama:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hey G-man! Loved that bit about building a strong foundation..that's what we're all doing here, isn't it? With vigilance and total honesty, my two best friends at the moment..:happy2: Wishing you a lovely weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by lifechange View Post
              Hey G-man! Loved that bit about building a strong foundation..that's what we're all doing here, isn't it? With vigilance and total honesty, my two best friends at the moment..:happy2: Wishing you a lovely weekend.
              thanks Elsie. Wishing you a gr8 weekend too my friend. I'm vigilant with my emotions/emotional balance. This is an area i need to develop more resilience in via honesty, perspective and self reflection. And i've been emotionally vigilant tonight as i've just finished working with the ex romance nurse bird. it was fine, but of course a little difficult. But i watched myself at work tonight, and how thoughts and feelings were emerging/passing through my mind, and how i felt and responded to those thoughts/feelings. I can safely say i survived the shift level headed and reflective. A little fragile, because i allowed that fragility in, but mainly now an hour later, i feel content and not dwelling on what ifs etc......I'm over it all, but it is a bit difficult when it's right there in your face all night. Some emotions/memories do try to resurface, but it was okay. I let them come, looked at them, and actually let them go. As i write about it now, i see that it was actually a very useful and successful learning experience for me emotionally.

Here's something i got today from a site called Daily Om. they have some good stuff u can subscribe to.

No Going Back

BY MADISYN TAYLOR

'Sometimes during our spiritual growth we can feel as if we are going backwards, rest assured you are not.
              There are times when we feel that we are spinning our wheels in the mud in terms of our spiritual progress. This can be especially true following a period of major growth in which we feel as if we've gained a lot of ground. In fact, this is the way growth goes--periods of intense forward movement give way to periods of what seems like stagnation. In those moments when we feel discouraged, it's helpful to remember that we don't ever really go backward. It may be that we are at a standstill because there is a new obstacle in our paths, or a new layer to get through, but the hard work we have done cannot be undone.

Every step on the path is meaningful, and even one that seems to take us backward is a forward step in the sense that it is what we must do to move to the next level. In addition, an intense growth spurt requires that we rest for a time in order to fully integrate the new energies that have been liberated by our hard work. When we feel we are not making progress, we can encourage ourselves to take a moment to rest. We can meditate more, feed ourselves well, and get extra sleep. Before we know it, we will be spurred on to work toward the next level of our development, and this rest will make sense then as something we needed in order to continue.

Once the sun rises, it doesn't go backward but instead follows its path in one direction. It may appear to stand still for a moment in time, or to move more slowly at some point or another, but really it is steadily moving forward on its path. We are the same way, and once we have moved through something we can never really go back. We may be resting or revisiting issues that seem old, and it's natural to feel stuck, but in truth we are always taking the next important step forward on our path.'

Β© 2016 DailyOM - All Rights Reserved
              No portion of this site can be reprinted without express permission.
              Last edited by Guitarista; November 24, 2017, 07:29 AM.

Comment

awesome reminder!
                Last edited by lifechange; November 24, 2017, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Happy saturday from the beach pad. Rocking and a rollin along nicely here. Just finishing up bands album as i've overcame the technical hitch that bamboozled me. Operator error! late gym session, then a spring and swim down the beach. Meeting a friend for lunch. All good here. We gotta roll wit those curve balls don't we?

Let's git it!

Comment

Top of the sunday morning to you valued and esteemed reader.

It's raining gently, and the temp has cooled. Nice. A relaxing day on the cards ahead. A few things i can do or not do, but some things i want to do too. Haven't decided what just yet, as i've not long woken up. Sadhana done, which is the main thing for me. That daily practice is a huge and regular statement of self care to me. I'm tipping it might have a positive impact on my subconscious, but either way i see it as a healthy habit and a bit of structure, ritual, ceremony, celebration even, of where i am now and another day ahead.

It's day @#$%^&! but who, i say who's countin'.

Go git it pilgrim.
                    Last edited by Guitarista; November 25, 2017, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Holy Hoppin' Heathens! It's day..............90!

Busy fella here this week. Let's git it!

Comment

Yayyyy!! Gman! Big Congrats on 90 days.. any nice plans today?

Comment

Congrats G !!!!! :congratulatory:

Comment

Hola pilgrim!

Thanks Elsie and Jude. I appreciate your words and it sure is gooooood to be living sober.

i was thinking about how important it is to have some kind of hope. But how do we find it when we cannot see it or feel it? I know that feeling. I reckon we have to work a little to look for it. Hope is always around. It is always nearby and close, even though often we can't see it and it seems like hope is gone completely, never to return. Don't believe the hype. Sometimes we have to dig around for it, through the rubble, dust and fog. Below is from Women for sobriety site. I'm a fanboy to be sure.

by Jean Kirkpatrick, Ph.D.

'Each year at this time, I seem to write the same article and it is about hope, about plans and planning, about goals, about a new beginning.
                            No matter where we are in our life, no matter if we are involved with something that was happening in December that will carry over to January, it is still a new beginning ... a renewal for every part of our life.
                            The other day ... two days... there were a number of WFS members here so that we could make videos of WFS meetings and, in those two days, we held six meetings (yes, six meetings!) and it became very obvious that what we were talking about in each meeting, no matter what Statement we were working on, we were talking about hope, about the promise of the future being available to us so long as we worked at having it.
                            Perhaps the key to a new beginning is hope, having a feeling of excitement that we can change the bad and we can have the good. Maybe this sounds too much like Pollyanna, but if we don’t work toward the good, and expect it, how else could it be possible?
                            There is much that surrounds us that is sad and, sometimes, overwhelming. We see injustices everywhere and we are ever reminded that life isn’t fair, but we cannot give in to these negative observances. We must know that there is also good in the world, that there are many things that are just, and there is kindness and consideration if we just look for it and participate in it, making it a better world for others and for ourselves.
                            This is the month to make plans ... plans for the whole year. This is the time to set goals, to make an agenda, to think in terms of twelve months and then to begin living it, putting the plan into action. This is the new beginning. This is the hope. This is the action.
                            So raise your glass of Perrier and toast the New Year with me. ΓΈ
                            (This article is a reprint from Volume 12 of the Collection of Sobering Thoughts Booklets.)'

The feeling's good here this wednesday morning. In work today. Music in the air..........Let's git it!

Comment

Congrats G! 90 days is quite an achievement. I resonate with the article above as it seems I’m always planning but since not having Al in my life my plans have become bigger and more satisfying. Since Al took over my life I forgot about all my goals, dreams and personal needs. Before I let AL control my life, every New Years Day I used to have my morning coffee and sit at my computer and do my budget for the year...Exciting eh! Lol After doing my budget I would sit down with my hubby and kids and make goals such as vacations, house stuff, extras that I knew would be obtainable. This way when chores came around or projects the kids would help because they knew the family goals, I kept these on the fridge throughout the year to be marked off. It made us all feel accomplished....weird how I did this for over 12 years and forgot about it over the past 6 years until today. Need to get the good habits back, thank you!
                              Have an awesome day!

Comment

Wow, love that NYDay routine Sky. You can get it back again this time around. Reclaiming our precious lives has a huge impact on not just ourselves, but those closest to us. It has a ripple effect that extends even further out into our community or wherever we go.

Great day at work today and yesterday. I love my job, just as long as there's not too many hours a week thanks ref. Need time for making music or i go mental! Balance is good so far. My new mobile music recording studio idea is taking off, after i blabbed about it on social media. Lots of interest and support. (if i wasn't sober, theres absolutely NO WAY this joyous, magical project would be happening) Looking like a real goer. I've just about got all the gear i need to begin. I should be able to pick up everything else tomorrow. Mmmm, wonder who i'll start with? Something/someone simple and easy to find my footing. It must be a positive experience for who i'm recording. I need to make sure its organised, simple and easy. Just a matter of me practicing with my gear and doing some recordings. It'll slowly fall into place. Best thing is no pressure on anyone, especially me, cos it's all free! lol. I am excitemente.
                                Last edited by Guitarista; November 29, 2017, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X