G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

I knew I was missing you, G-man! Thanks for the repost on intention.. love the Lion's Roar!
    I'm happy to hear you doing so well, beginning each day with self care, setting your intention, learning to accept and let go. So nice that you have this thread to share with all of us. I'm very much looking forward to celebrating your 6 month anniversary! I hear you with feeling like the days are moving slowly at times.. but when I step back, I realize this is a huge gift! As long as I stay in the present, this day, as much as possible, no worries. Or at least not so many. Or at least they're manageable..:happy2:
    Good luck with the dating site! Keep us posted.
    Last edited by lifechange; January 16, 2018, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Yo Elsie!

Good to see you as always. Thanks for your kind words. When i complain that the days are taking time to stack up, wtf am i thinking? So i am stepping back and looking at it differently - i.e. enjoy those long days G man you doodyhead! Time is more and more a gift.

Day )(*&^%! hell i don't know, but the feelings gooooood. Off to work. L8tr g8trs.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Day 140 in fact, of the afternoon of Wednesday 17th January 2017. Knocked off work and dont go back for 1.5 weeks! Oh yeah! The weather is going to be incredible here next 2 days at least with 36 and 37 C days forecast. Love it. Some quality 'me' time coming up. This week, gym, run, swim, make music. See a couple of friends and family in there a little too, but mainly the focus will be on caring for myself, chilling, but also getting some stuff i love to do done. A fab last 2 days at work too. I love my job. Now to kick off this 'pop up' mobile recording studio thing. Testing out the gear with my band this sunday to put it, and my recording engineering skills through their paces. Excitement.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Top of the thursdee morning to ya pilgrims.

Coming up to 5 months in 9 days time, i do note i'm looking kinda pretty good. I think the skin repair, eyes, face tone/shape, body tone/shape, the walk, posture, the way ya talk - all this stuff really improves and wow! it's a big difference to be sure. I feel great mainly. Signed up for this 8 week online course - 'Sacred self care and ayurvedic nutrition'. Just a vid an email info per week from what i can tell. I reckon i could be eating better. Will report back if it grabs me. It was only a few bucks so worth a look.

Take it easy out there. More greens and veg here!

Comment

Afternoon friends.

Day 142. I'm getting a little excited to be hitting 5 months in a few days. Wow. There's a sense developing inside me that i'm actually really starting to move and get somewhere. Noice. Pretty hot here, around 40C. Ava must be melting. Reckon i'll take it easy indoors today and hit the beach and gym tomorrow when it's cooler. Sadhana done first thing this morning of course. L8tr g8trs.

Comment

You're sounding good, G-man. Keep it going. Had to look up ayurvedic, as I've never heard the term before. I'll have to dig around a bit, let me know how it goes, and if it seems to help.
              I'll be hitting eight months first of Feb., Can't believe it.

Comment

Mr V. 8 months is huge! I'll be around 5 months then too. Look forward to celebrating that milestone with you my friend. Yep, will let u know how i find the ayurvedic stuff. It's new to me too, but closely associated with yoga, so i know it's gotta be worth a look. Yoga is amazing really, in it's depth of reach. Part of it is designed to unlock trauma and emotional blocks we apparently can keep stored and locked in our physical body, and some yoga moves will target this and help release it. Very interesting.

Day 143, counting down to 150 and 5 months. Then to 6 months which will be huge for me. Chilling today, cooler weather here down to about 26C. Nice. No stress here. Stress free zone. Think positive pilgrims.
                Last edited by Guitarista; January 19, 2018, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Day 144 but who, i say who's countin'?

Let's git it!

Comment

Im counting

Comment

Well done on 20 booze free days Starty farty! Keep it going my friend. :yay: :balloons::black:

Comment

My wife and son practice Yoga nearly everyday, hot yoga, might have to have a go at it myself. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                          Well done on 20 booze free days Starty farty! Keep it going my friend. :yay: :balloons::black:
                          Thanks Mr G. Booze and drug free ray:

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                            Not easy - great job!!!!!!!!!!
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Vervill View Post
                              My wife and son practice Yoga nearly everyday, hot yoga, might have to have a go at it myself. Thanks.
                              You can't lose Mr V. At least you can say you've tried it. I don't know if i'd dig hot yoga too much, preferring room temperature yoga or exercise generally, but i i imagine there's a science behind it. Sweating out toxins is probably one benefit along with warmer muscles and body for easier motion maybe? Worth a crack. Crack, get it? :applouse:

Originally posted by starty View Post
                              Hiya Starty. I note the word STAR in your name. You keep getting back on the wagon so i'm thinking you really prefer living clean and sober 24/7. I gotta agree. Only we know of course. Some of us somehow still function and hold down a job with responsibilities and we kick ass in that job, but if we are struggling and not happy on the inside, only we know. And only we can decide to make a change. Nothing changes if nothing changes as we know. great to see you and keep it going. Stay connected. If not here, somewhere. :goodjob:

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                              Not easy - great job!!!!!!!!!!
                              Stirly whirly curly up early! Hellooooooo! Hope all's good there. Can you find me a Greek princess? Maybe from Crete. :bellydance:

Top of the monday morning from the beach pad valued and cherished pilgrims. Will ya just look at the calibre of people dropping in!

It's day 145. I'm liking how the AF days are moving slow, but life seems to move quickly. If i get my head into the sloooowly stacking up AF days, then maybe i'll feel like i have more time in a day?

Self care and self love. Chuck some in today K? K. No fear. Let's git it pilgrim!
                              Last edited by Guitarista; January 21, 2018, 03:19 PM.

Comment

I bang on about worthiness and self worth all the time. Probably because i've def felt unworthy of many things over the years, whilst still knowing i deserve a meaningful life. So this post from Mads at Daily Om newsletter resonated -

Worthiness

BY MADISYN TAYLOR

'Our worth of being on the planet at this time cannot be judged as we are all worthy and essential to being here now.
                                The issue of worthiness may come up in many areas of our lives, as we ask, often unconsciously, whether we are worthy of success, love, happiness, and countless other things, from supportive relationships to a beautiful home. In the end, though, it all comes down to one thing: our willingness to claim our space in this life as humans on this planet at this time. When we accept our divinity, we no longer question whether we are worthy, because we know that we are meant to be here to fulfill a particular purpose, a purpose that no one other than us can fulfill.

There are no replacements who can take over and live our lives for us, no other person who has had the experiences we have had, who has access to the same resources and relationships, who carries the same message to share with the world. Our purpose may be large or small, and in most cases it is multi-leveled, with important actions taking place on the interpersonal level, as well as in terms of the work we do in the world. Small acts of kindness share the stage with large acts of sacrifice, and only through accepting and honoring our divinity can we know what we are called to do and when.

Ultimately, we are all equally, exactly, completely worthy of being here in this life. Moreover, we are all essential to the unfolding plan of which we are each one small, but important, part. If we suffer from low self worth, it is because we have lost track of understanding this truth, and allowing it to guide our actions in the world. Seeing ourselves as part of something larger, as beings called to serve, is the ultimate cure for feelings of unworthiness. In the end, it's not about evaluating ourselves as worthy or unworthy, so much as it's about accepting that we have been called here to serve and taking the steps required to listen and respond to what our lives are asking us to do.'

Comment

Working...
                                X