G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Hey Mr. G - glad to hear your session went well - you sound so good and positive. Go git it!!!!!!
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

I'm gitting it Stirly whirly, slowly but surely! How are ya?

Top of the satdee morning to you power packin' prose poppin' pilgrims. It's day 150! That's 5 freakin months orf the sauce. About time umpire and about time young man. Next stop - 6 months. At my recording/jam session the other day, i mentioned to the other guy that all's good in my life, except i want to find a woman. He suggested a gal, but she aint really my type. He seems to be going to some effort to matchmake behind the scenes lol. I appreciate the gesture and thought though.

In work today. Let's git it.
      Last edited by Guitarista; January 26, 2018, 02:43 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Top of the morning to you pilgrim.

Day 151 but who, i say who's countin'? I'm def counting to 180 or 6 months. That will be a milestone for me. Only 29 days to go.

I think we have to get a little uncomfortable to grow, to improve, to move in the direction we want to go. Nothing wrong with a little challenge. Today i will get cosy with uncomfortable.

Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

I suspect you're right, G. I 've been thinking along similar lines, about being uncomfortable sometimes, I mean. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Comment

Huge congrats on the 5 months, G!

Comment

Awesome progress, G!!!
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hey G......I tried some beginning yoga yesterday. At first I was like..."you want me to do WHAT?" As I warmed up though things got a little easier, (wished that I had the WD40 handy) and it actually felt good. Afterwards, I did 10 minutes of guided meditation which was awesome. Didn't realize how tense I was, and how focused on the future I had become. It was a good way to feel the here and now, and just be!

Comment

Hiya Jude. that sounds real good. If it felt good, are you gonna keep doing it?............daily? Are you around/over 5 months booze free too by now? Hope you're good.

Top of the morning pilgrims. Must be day 153. Lunch with mum today. Better git movin'. L8tr, Yo!

Comment

Hey, G, flying by on my way to work.. good job getting through the emotionally difficult days! :hug: Have a great lunch with your mum..

Comment

Hey G....I found the WD40 so may try to fit in a little more yoga, as it does help to relieve the stress. Just a matter of making more time in the day which is doable but I just have to find the motivation. I think that my quit date was Sept 5th, so I'm right behind you as far as the 5 month mark goes. Will be one month tomorrow NF, but having a lot of obsessive thoughts about smoking again over the past week. I quit cold turkey so I know that the nicotine is completely out of my system, yet the urges remain strong. I know that it's psychological, which in some ways is worse than the physical withdrawals. Trying to slog through it, almost seems harder to give up than the AL.

Comment

Top of the morning friends near and not so far.

Hi Elsie and Yo Techie!

Great going on your AF and NF time Jude! Yep, i reckon nicotine/smoking is possibly the most difficult one to give up. Along with excessive sugar. But giving away the smokes puts back 10-15 years of our lives i reckon. Just a laymans observation. And quality of life skyrockets. I gave em up 20 + years ago. Took a few tries, but nailed it eventually. I don't even think about or miss it at all. But if i had one, i could become hooked again easily i reckon. I don't miss it. Keep it going, along with the handy self awareness that yoga can bring.

Must be Day 154! In work today for a one off. Not back for a week and a half, unless they throw another shift or 2 my way today which is quite possible. Either way, i'm happy and not too fussed. Must admit i am looking forward to some 'me' time after today though. Lunch with mum yesterday was nice. She's cruising along fairly well.

Take it easy out there. let's git it.

Comment

Morning from the beach pad.

Day 155. Countdown to 6 months. Let's fkn go git it. Yo!

Comment

Way to Goooooooooooo, G-Man!:welldone::heartbeat:

Comment

Hiya Rusty! How are ya? What adventures have you been on?

Top of the friday morning from the illustrious but humble beach pad. Day 156. Aiming for 160. Right on.

I was thinking this morning about life. I might as well just damn well go for it. No sense being sober but not changing much else or growing, be that emotionally, intellectually, socially with some rich life experience. The alternative is drinking. Boring boring boring. Go git it G man! No fear. Yes siree.

Edit: Mr V has 8 months sober! Congratulations. Well done mate.

Take care out there.
                              Last edited by Guitarista; February 1, 2018, 04:14 PM.

Comment

From NA. I have to agree.

“Goodwill is best exemplified in service; proper service is ‘Doing the right thing for the right reason.’”

Basic Text, p. xv

––––=––––

The spiritual core of our disease is self-centeredness. In dealing with others, the only motive our addiction taught us was selfishness—we wanted what we wanted when we wanted it. Obsession with self was rooted in the very ground of our lives. In recovery, how do we root self-obsession out?

We reverse the effects of our disease by applying a few very simple spiritual principles. To counteract the self-centeredness of our addiction, we learn to apply the principle of goodwill. Rather than seeking to serve only ourselves, we begin serving others. Rather than thinking only about what we can get out of a situation, we learn to think first of the welfare of others. When faced with a moral choice, we learn to stop, recall spiritual principles, and act appropriately.

As we begin “doing the right thing for the right reason,” we can detect a change in ourselves. Where once we were ruled by self-will, now we are guided by our goodwill for others. The chronic self-centeredness of addiction is losing its hold on us. We are learning to “practice these principles in all our affairs”; we are living in our recovery, not in our disease.

––––=––––

Just for today: Wherever I am, whatever I do, I will seek to serve others, not just myself. When faced with a dilemma, I will try to do the right thing for the right reason.

Copyright © 1991-2018 by Narcotics Anonymous World Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Comment

Working...
                                X