G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Great to hear you so happy and well, G!!

Comment

Hi Bird and LC. Thanks ladies. :heartbeat:

Yep, the feeling's good. And why shouldn't it be? I've looked at the alternatives. Well, there aren't many alternatives. Only one. And that is to disappear into a bottle. That may happen again one day, i don't know. To be honest, i am feeling strong and committed to this quit and my sober life, but i am still a little vulnerable under there, so i know i need to keep building resilience, keep balanced and try to avoid emotional upheavals where i can, stay balanced by maintaining my daily sadhana - (breathing/meditation, speed yoga), and allowing my mind and body to repair. Ava and some others have mentioned the first year was a rollercoaster ride, so i'm not out of the fire just yet. BUT, i gotta say that overall, i'm feeling really good. Positive and committed to sober living and the rest of my life possibilities. It's exciting!

So on day 166........let's git it young man.
      Last edited by Guitarista; February 11, 2018, 05:07 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Day 167. The sun is shining. 22C top of 28 later. Off for a run to the beach.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Day 168. off to work today. L8tr g8trs.

Comment

Day 169 but who, i say who's countin'?

Off to work i go. Take it easy

Comment

Top of the friday morning to you. Ok pilgrim. pull up a chair and listen to me talk about me for a second.

Day 170! Holy Hammerin hammerheads! Finished 2 days of intensive work, so some me time next few days, then more work next week. I'll take it for now. It's not full time, which is how i like it. The volunteering joint has given me the all clear to start, so just a matter of talking with an arts coordinator and working out a day to come in and strum me geetar. Will see if we can get some sort of music program going. It's so good to have work, like the work, be appreciated at work and offered more of it. So a few of the basics are being ticked off in my life at the moment.

Shelter - safe, affordable, stable, secure, good vibe. Tick!
              Finances - ongoing stable employment. Tick!
              Self worth/values - Enjoying living and staying sober, each day at a time. Enjoying work. Given space to be creative and exercise/express my self and my values. Tick!
              Re....rel.....relition.....relationships - Good people as band mates. Supportive family in a non suffocating way. Lunch with a nephew today. Chicks around, but a bit fickle! Tick!

What am i gonna complain about? The weather?! Ok, today's forecast is sunny and 22C. Why isn't it reaching 25C? Sheesh, some people......
              Last edited by Guitarista; February 15, 2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

A fine list there, G-man!

Comment

A w e s o m e
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Top of the satdee morning to you blokes Mr V and Mr T. Thanks for dropping in. Hope all's going along okay with yiz.

It must be day 171 but i ain't one for countin'. 9 days......9 freakin days until i hit the fabled and ever elusive (for me) 6 month booze free mark. I'm counting down to this momentous ocassion. It has to be some kind of turning point i reckon. Whatever it is, i'm feeling fairly good in general. No plans or intent to drink this weekend or anytime soon. I haven't even been using the antabuse, mainly coz i forgot about them, but i think also because i have been cruising along so stably and solidly that they haven't entered my mind as a last resort or a 'just in case' strategy for a couple of months. It's good to know they're there though as a back up. I won't drink if i've taken one for that week at least.

What's on this weekend in the pulpit? Well, today i'll be off for a run and swim at the beach because 1. it's there 2. This is very very good for my mental health. Then best prepare some new tunes for a rare rehearsal wit my band on sunday, so better make the most of it. A few days paid work on next week, so busy mainly workin for the man. Next week will likely fly by wit 6 mth milestone reached monday week. Let's git it. Yo!

Comment

Day 172 at the beach pad. Go git it!

Comment

Sounding great Mr. G! We will have to throw you a AF party soon huh? I'll bring the sticks!...b

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                          Day 172 at the beach pad. Go git it!
                          Mr. G - you ROCK!!!!!!!! I'm excited for you - only a week and a day til you hit the big 6!!!!
                          Last edited by stirly-girly; February 18, 2018, 12:31 PM.
                          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Sounding great G. I'm so happy with your progress.
                            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Thank you Bird, Stirly and SK! I hope you're all finding some happiness and peace over there.

I am finding happiness and peace. The big beautiful door to the light, inner peace, sanity, balance, cheer, and very good times is open and i am walking through it. I see a lot of possibilities and lot's of adventure in my future. For me the vehicle to adventure is performing music. I'm lucky to be able to do it and i'm taking it and my band to the world. The conditions are good and the weather is with me. OMG, I think the stars might even be aligned! There's critters saying hello, a warm random smile here and there, a lone bat in the night sky saying 'Yo G man, w'dup', great band mates who say 'yes' to every new riff i suggest, angels flapping their wings nearby delivering a cool calming breeze that sometimes in it's enthusiasm can knock the toupee skewiff, this great forum of people. The foundations are strong and getting stronger. A critter on my roof last night. I said - 'what are u looking at?' critter said 'you G man, you. Go git it fella!'

Day 173. By my estimation, next monday is 6 months booze free. Actually, i don't think i've even got this close to the 6 month mark since my last period of abstinence finished in april 2011. Man, was it that long ago? A lot of time fkn about. Life is short and there's lot's to see and do. All the more reason to go git it.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post

A critter on my roof last night. I said - 'what are u looking at?' critter said 'you G man, you. Go git it fella!'
                                You DO know you're completely nuts Mr G - you've not lost that !!
                                We like nutters.
                                Probably never even needed the gargle to be a nutter :haha: - just THOUGHT you did !

Comment

Working...
                                X