G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MossRose View Post
    Sam!!! I saw your name and I had to drop in to say hi. Hope all is well in your world. Ok - you all have me curious. I guess I need to join and give this a try. G, it sounds like all is well, and that's a good thing.
    Mossy, how's ya been?? I just puttering along, nothing earth shattering, enjoying each day as a new one, you might say. I've been doing the 21 day meditation, feel like my mind goes a mile a minute, though the rest of me is far behind! I really like that there's a few moments of down time. Hope you are well.
    Best
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

G -I thought about you when I saw several videos regarding music and recovery. When I first quit drinking, I refused to listen to music or to even try to write to lyrics. I am grateful that I finally passed this 'pouting' stage:

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
      Last edited by Spiritfree; March 27, 2015, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the share Spirit. Loved Tom's work.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I just watched these videos. Tom's TED talk was very entertaining. I only listen to music, can't play an instrument or sing (well, I do anyway, but I digress), but I know music has been a huge release for me. Even if it's just dancing by myself. Carry on. G - hope all is going well. You asked how things are going here. They are amazing.
          Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

I'm probably a day late with this for you G-Man, but in Alberta, Canada, today is your 3 month milestone!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi. Mr G & alll
              not been on here for awhile. Sounds like u.all doing well :-). Glad i hav popped in because i will be dwnloading the medition mr G. Havin tht 10mins in the morning helps the body & mind for the day. It good to see ur really doing gr8 mr G & every1 else.
              Me, myself been finding life a bit of a mixture up & dwn but hav not been.wanting a drink i knw it will only make things worst.
              Keep safe all.and hope to post soon.
              X catch22 X
              Last edited by catch22; March 30, 2015, 02:00 PM.
              Formerly known as Teardrop:l
              sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
              my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Long time since I have visited, but just catching up to say well done on the 90 day mark!
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Makes me smile to see you doing so well, G. Congrats on 90!

Comment

Originally posted by MossRose View Post
                    I just watched these videos. Tom's TED talk was very entertaining. I only listen to music, can't play an instrument or sing (well, I do anyway, but I digress), but I know music has been a huge release for me. Even if it's just dancing by myself. Carry on. G - hope all is going well. You asked how things are going here. They are amazing.
                    Hey Moss -sounds like you and I are on the same page -singing wise. Guess we will just have to keep on enjoying hearing ourselves sing. Music has been and still is a huge release for me. I am remember swearing off listening to music when I first got sober. I was pouting. I said that if I cant drink while listening, then I just wont listen..... I am glad that I finally moved past that point in time. Music is a huge factor in my life today.

Comment

Thanks Ab, Catch, SL, Pie, and Spirirt for your congrat's.

Great to wake up and see your messages, so thank you.

Gonna be a beaut day today. 28C and blue sky's. I'll be sure to enjoy it as winter is just around the corner.

Catch, i'm enjoying the meditation.

L8tr g8tr's.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Yo 90 is AWESOME!!!
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

G -you still G-eeing? How are the tunes and the business these days?

Comment

Yo Techie! Thank you Sir.

You betcha Spirit.

I was somewhat slowed down by another date last night. Nice time had by all. :lucky: A bit of extra work on next couple of weeks which will fill the coffers momentarily and progress the cause.

Have a gr8 easter y'all.

Comment

Good golly Miss Molly and Jumpin Jesuits, it's day 99 but who's counting.

Some extra work on this week which has been good. A fella I worked with last night gave me another contact so some more options opening up. This will help press some CD's. Noice.

Take care out there.

Comment

Proud of you Mr G. Big 100 tomorrow. Hows the dating going?
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X