G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

We can head off in a combi van Jonesy. With a big peace sign on the door and sage on the dash. And let Bjesus take the wheel......

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Yo. W'dup. Well, looks like the combi van idea went over like a lead balloon.....

Holy Collapsin' cathedrals! It must be day 205, and it's gr8 2 b alive. Yo!

Go git them veggies pilgrim. You know they good fer ya you savvy? This sober path sure is interesting. We have had a noisy very disruptive neighbour return to the neighborhood. I considered drinking a couple of days ago, triggered by this and my fortune telling, predictions of what my life would be like while neighbour stays. It was all magnified thoughts and scenario's that won't necessarily occur. Sure, there is good reason to stress a little when your oasis/home and peace are being disturbed during much needed quiet time. My thoughts have included grabbing the culprit by the scruff of the neck and marching him and his belongings out onto the street. Then i considered a few things. That would open a can of worms that could go anywhere. I would be winding myself up emotionally and it isn't the only option. That would be a last option if authorities and the law failed. Even so, i am no longer thinking this way. It would mean operating on that lower ignorant level, and putting myself in a stupid position. Nope. I have risen above that thinking and will just let it be and hand it over to the universe. I'm much more settled within myself taking this approach. This not a whinge, more an insight into a recent thought/feeling process and how it relates to sobriety and er.....maintaining an inner peace.

Now git out there pardner and go git it!
      Last edited by Guitarista; April 4, 2019, 04:37 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
        We can head off in a combi van Jonesy. With a big peace sign on the door and sage on the dash. And let Bjesus take the wheel......
        Yes Mr G! I'll dig my old tie-dyes out! We are going full insense mode! Patchouli oil rules! Where's that old lava lamp?
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
          Yes Mr G! I'll dig my old tie-dyes out! We are going full insense mode! Patchouli oil rules! Where's that old lava lamp?
          Cool! It's just so crazy it could work. Have a rippa weekend my friend. X

Humpin' heathens! it's Day 206! In work today.

Let's git it.

Comment

Day 2.0.7. Alright!

Go git it pilgrims.

Comment

Keep on rockin Mr G
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Thanks Mr Ktab! You too. Good to see you mate. Hope you have an easy week ahead.

Day 208 and the feeling's great. Well, pretty good anyway. Great gig last night. Some nice compliments from the punters and even venue staff. I was offered a gig with a beautiful damsel to fill in wit her band in a couple of weeks. I said - 'if you're just after a fill in to play chords, then anyone can do that and i'm not interested' She replied - 'no, no....we want you for what you will bring to the music'. Right answer. Of course i said YES! What a delight and honour to be asked.

My attitude these days is to say........Yes to things, as long as they're not pedestrian or a waste of time. Life is short, so time is precious. might as well spend it doing things ya love eh?

Let's git it.
                Last edited by Guitarista; April 7, 2019, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Good stuff, G. I bet you sold that old lava lamp at the last yard sale. You always seems to need something right after you sell it. LED's strung along the top of the van will have to do. See ya on the road.

Comment

Indeed Mr V. Safe travels my friend.

Confounded clerics! it's Day 209!

In work today, then some time orf to do more things i love to do. including an invitation to play guitar for a beautiful lassie and her band. O.M.G!

Sheesh, do i go to Spain, portugal or Sth America?!! What a dilemma eh?

Git it.

Comment

Top of the wednesday mornin to ya pilgrim.

Holy Fleeing friars! It's day 210! Must be 7 months. Noice. Thanks umpire.

Day orf today, but plenty to do. Better book my flights away, git new album stuff uploaded, see me mum, what else........shopping.....a few other things. But first, a workout to keep my head in the right place.

Go git it pardner. Why not? and why not you?

Comment

Holy befuddled Benedictines! It's day 211!

Yesterday was a close call. A few days off ahead and who would know if i snuck in a couple days boozing? Me of course!! Why did i want this? The thought of an effective numbness and deeper relaxation for an hour or 2 was the attraction. Then i remembered how boring the rest of the day would've been. Just drinking to maintain levels in the brain/body. Boring and quite poisonous. I would've written off a whole day or 2 for 1-2 hours numbness. The numbness would've felt great, yes for sure, BUT!!........What happens after that? Where does this decision take me physically, emotionally, mentally? Booze is a depressant. It also shoots the nervous system to pieces so anxiety is another result. No siree. I remembered you all here, plus thought of a music industry mate who is 10 years sober and is kicking ass because of it. I am also kicking arse in my life. Lot's of good things happening for me. Raaaawk on you heavy metal mofo!

Go git it pilgrim.
                        Last edited by Guitarista; April 10, 2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

So glad you didn’t buckle and kept on going, G. Because you’re absolutely right: even though a couple hours of effective numbing & deeper relaxation would feel wonderful -there’s payback time, and the cost extracted is much more than a couple of hours. Like the shot-to-hell nervous system, and the drinking to maintain levels: you’d be back on that endless merry-go-round again. And there would go your beautiful skin besides!
                          Excellent that you have a music mate walking the path ahead of you, because that industry is one drink-y environment. And he’s rawking because he stays booze-free! Just like you.
                          Last edited by Slo; April 10, 2019, 09:12 PM.
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Keep on rocking it Mr G :hug:
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks Slo and Nora. Great to have you drop in. :heartbeat:

Holy doorknocking apostles! It's day 214 and i want more! Boozin is for chumps i tells ya. But we have to realise when we've had enough or it's just too easy to continue on the merry go round.

Gig tonight. Today i'm changing guitar strings and giving the ol girl a clean. A run on the beach and some hangin around on the monkey bars smashing out the chin ups. Barefoot on the sand is always nurturing and rejuvenating. 22C here. Noice. Still arranging flights for the trip away with guitar. Looks like i'll be meeting up with 2 latin chica's i've been chatting to for a few months as well. Another adventure comin.

Take it easy and look after yourself.

Comment

Way to go G, you really do Raaawk! That is scary about your friend who used after 10 years sober. We have to stick together to make sure we always protect our quit. The thought of posting here saying I drank really helps me to stay away from that poison.

Good luck with the Chicas tonight!
                                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X