G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Huge congrats on the 300 Bossman! Go git it!

Comment

Mr V. Thanks brother!

Well well well. Looky here. If it ain't the G fella wit 300 days sober today. That's what i'm talkin 'bout ladies and gentlemen. My longest sober stretch since my last momentous 2.5 yr quit which finished in 2011. I'm going for gold. I can smell a year AF and i like it. It kinda feels like i've entered the realms of longevity and an established new way of life. Early days still i know, but this is a solid achievement.

A drizzly winters Monday morning, and back to work. I'm ready, with the little flu i've had the last week lifting slowly but surely. Anyway, 2 days of work where i need to focus and git back into the swing. Piece of cake.....why? coz i said so.

Take it easy out there. Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Wowza, G! I am so pleased for you! And you even managed a long trip to South America AF! The G Force is back!!
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Thanks Slo! And a big congrat's you on your 350 days! Double wowza!! Looking forward to celebrating your one year anniversary.

Top of the tuesday morning from a wintery drizzly beach pad. It must be day 301 but i never been one fo countin'.

In work today, then a few days orf to potter, run, make some music, release some more music, and generally settle down a little after all that travel. Oh yeah!

No fear, just excitement at the possibilities eh? Go git it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Congratulations on reaching an important milestone, surpassing all your recent quits. Isn’t it great that you’ll never have to go through all this again? It sounds like you’re making the most of your days here on earth :hug:

Comment

Thanks Sugar babe! Yes, it has occurred to me on a number of occassions recently that this version of life ain't forever. I don't think there's a need to rush or cram lot's in, but i see that too many regrets or 'i shoulda, coulda, woulda' style thoughts are too depressing! So i have an opportunity today to take it, and use it how i like.

Day 302 on a wednesday morning. Let's git it.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                One affect i am noticing is in the realms of 'perspective'. I think i have a renewed respect and appreciation of life after seeing people on the streets in heat and humidity all day selling everything from bottles of Agua, small packs of AA batteries, cookies, sweets, lollies, treats, cakes, ice cream, Small plastic wallets for I.D. street stands selling chicken, meat rice dishes cheap, soups, boot polish operators, wristbands, simple jewelry, anything you can imagine, someone is walking up and down the street selling it. etc...etc. There is no social security system that i can see in the main in a lot of Sth america where i went, so you've gotta either beg, or find a niche product and get out there and make it happen. Knife sharpening for restaurants, Magnifying glasses for reading..... What am i gonna complain about?!

So if u catch me whinging about a little bit of wind getting in through a crack there, or a little rain creeping in here as i wander around my 1st world house, slap me!
                I know what you’re saying here, G. In Nicaragua last year for my daughter’s destination wedding, the local people had to spend all day hawking the same souvenirs that everyone else was trying to sell too. Then at the end of the day, the whole family of mom, dad, & kid would hop on their ONE bicycle together to go home. We’re lucky not to be so trapped into poverty-level subsistence living.
                Last edited by Slo; July 10, 2019, 08:52 AM.
                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Correct Slo. We are very fortunate.

Day 303. Aiming for 365. Drizzly and grey here. So fkn what. Let's git it pilgrims.

Comment

Three zero three... wow Mr G
                    Three six five...now that would be nice.
                    You are rocking it there my friend!
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Thanks Mr Tabbers! How are ya?

Day 305 on a cool, crisp saturday morn. A big weekend with work and gigs sat/sun night. Let's git it pilgrims.

Comment

Look at you go!
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Thank you my betrothed! How beautiful you look today dear. :heartbeat:

Top of the sunday morning from a wild, drizzly and windy beach pad. But it ain't drizzly in my heart. It's warm inside if not a little wild. I look forward to the day when i actually 'settle down' as they have called it over the eons. 'Find a girl, settle down, if u want you can marry'......Stranger things have happened pilgrims.

Day 306 i think. In work with a fave gig later. A couple more days of work, then some time off for some me time and git a few things rolling including central eqha.....equyu......er inner equilibrium.

Despite an ordinary day at work yesterday, involving poor teamwork, What a brilliant day it's gonna be today. Go git it.
                          Last edited by Guitarista; July 13, 2019, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Top of the monday morning to you pilgrim.

Why it's day 307 here today. Some good gigs over the weekend. I feel like some time off work already lol. But only a couple of days to do then some time to goof orf and relax.

Let's git it.

Comment

I’m really happy for you, Mr G :hug:.

Comment

Thanks Sugar babe. Hope your week's going nicely. :happy2:

Holy conniving cult leaders! It's Day 309! But i never been one fo countin' mumma.

Gratitude thinking. An attitude of gratitude. A little daily morning reflection on what we have can turn our thinking and outlook around to one of less suffering and more prosperity in mind, body and soul. Treasures of the spiritual and material can be ours. That's a lot of treasure. Going for good is going for gold.

Go git it.

Comment

Working...
                                X