No announcement yet.

G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning G! Sorry you have been having a bit of a hard time lately, but it is good that you are taking steps to do something about it. I feel a bit the same ........ I feel a bit of a spiritual absence in my life, but I'm not very good as consistently doing anything about it. I'll get into a bit of meditation for a bit, then I'll get lazy about it, and before you know it I'm feeling like crap again and wondering why. Will I never learn????
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]1270[/ATTACH]

May be a bit too small to read. I keep meaning to ask JC how she posts such large images.
      Pretty much how it was today at the doc's Pie. I was on the bed just like the pic, as something surely green by then was extracted from my heel! All ok now.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Behaving View Post
        Morning G! Sorry you have been having a bit of a hard time lately, but it is good that you are taking steps to do something about it. I feel a bit the same ........ I feel a bit of a spiritual absence in my life, but I'm not very good as consistently doing anything about it. I'll get into a bit of meditation for a bit, then I'll get lazy about it, and before you know it I'm feeling like crap again and wondering why. Will I never learn????
        G'day Missy. I'm feeling lot's better now thanks. That chunk of kryptonite I had extracted made a difference. Power returning. Well, I just lost my centre, balance and raison d'etre there for awhile. Just flapping in the abyss. Not a dimension I want to spend my time in these days, so.......what can I do about it? I have everything I need within already. I found that out a long time ago. It's only when I lose faith and belief in myself, is where I get into rocky waters.

So I've deduced that some time spent looking inward is required, along with a lot of gentle self care. I also know that this sort of stuff needs a commitment from self to be of any use. So I am just turning up for myself every morning and doing a couple of very simple, but effective things. One of these is an easy 5 minute guided meditation from you tube first thing in the morning before I don the rug.

Take care of yourself Missy. I hope the rest of the week is a bewdy for you.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Morning meditation in the bag. This is my first self care job every morning. A simple 5 minute meditation. This is sure to grow to 10-20 minutes and beyond later. Now if I can't commit to doing that every morning, then nothing's gonna change if nothing changes. It can start with adding a simple routine like this. Daily action.

Tomorrow (Thursday), I am attending/signing up for 'flying over rooftops' training. I've got the cash saved for first months payment, and ongoing cost is just affordable and good value. I note sign up fee includes insurance, which is probably a good thing given it's been awhile since I've flown across across a red tin roof.

My thoughts today are with Missy with the loss of her friend.

L8tr.

Comment

What the heck is "flying over the rooftops training" G? sounds terrifying, mind you so does a balloon ride!
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Originally posted by available View Post
              What the heck is "flying over the rooftops training" G? sounds terrifying, mind you so does a balloon ride!
              It's just like you see in them martial arts movies Ava. A lot of people think we use wires and trick photography. I'm expecting a few bumps and bruises, but all in a days work forging an AF path. Surprisingly cheap monthly fee for what you get.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing, Ava!!!
                Thanks for the explanation, G! You have to PAY to do it?! YIKES! Be careful!! B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

It cuts the shopping time down heaps. :applouse:

Comment

Hey G...you've got a bit of daredevil in you, huh? Kinda like that guy who parachuted off a building in the movie, "Along Came Polly." Hahaha!!! Good for you!

xoxo
                    Rusty

Comment

Morning all from a cold and grey beach pad. That's the external environment. The internal environment is ok. Still needing to get some hope into the equation. But I am positive regardless. Flying over rooftops training commenced yesterday and was good. A couple of bruises from colliding with the odd chimney, but aside from that, all's well and back for more Saturday. I put complete faith and trust in my training partner Boris, who is a fairly big fella, to know his own strength and be mindful of striking distances, and he was. I didn't want a black eye on the day, as I had a gig that night (last night) which was a bewdy with supper supplied and chicks. Always good to strap on the axe and rip out a tune.

Gym and/or run today. Take it easy out there.

Comment

Hey G, is your place really right on the beach? Are there shells? X
                        AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Good on you G! I have been reflecting on men's mental health issues for a number of reasons this week; and one of the things that I love about you is that even when you hit rough patches, you never give up trying. So you are my inspiration to get up early tomorrow, do a little meditating myself, and a stretches, and head out for a walk in the back. I'll send you a photo :-) xx
                          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Originally posted by jane27 View Post
                            Hey G, is your place really right on the beach? Are there shells? X
                            Yo Jane. How r ya? I had a chuckle when I momentarily thought you wrote 'are there sheila's' instead of shells! I'm right on the beach in my mind, but I am a few hundred metres up the road from the water. My next joint will likely be right on it. Yes, there are shells.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Behaving View Post
                              Good on you G! I have been reflecting on men's mental health issues for a number of reasons this week; and one of the things that I love about you is that even when you hit rough patches, you never give up trying. So you are my inspiration to get up early tomorrow, do a little meditating myself, and a stretches, and head out for a walk in the back. I'll send you a photo :-) xx
                              Thanks Missy. Yes, I'd love to see a pic. Take care.

Comment

Good morning from the beach pad. Today I'm learning to ride a magic carpet. The weather looks clear with a gentle breeze, so hopefully no injuries.

Meditation done. All good here. Have a bewdy out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X