G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Slow and steady is the best approach to all life’s situations. My wife and I were in a bad accident yesterday morning traveling to San Diego. We were rear ended making a turn off an interstate highway. The vehicle a BMW is totaled as is the vehicle that hit us. We are currently in LA in a rental car nursing our wounds which are more emotional than physical. A bit of neck and shoulder pain. We almost took our dog with us but decided against last minute. She would’ve been in the back and certainly would not have survived. Makes one appreciate the new day even more!
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Sheesh Techie. Glad to hear you and your missus survived! Car accidents are always a shock to the system in all sorts of ways as they can be so sudden and unexpected. Wishing you both a full and speedy recovery. Life can change in the blink of an eye. I'm gonna appreciate today even more and give my best out there.

Day 1131 but i ain't one fo countin'.

Go git it pardner's.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Day 1135!

Techie, how r y'all doing?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Doing ok. We are a bit banged up but ok. Lots of stuff to do with doctors and insurance!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
            Doing ok. We are a bit banged up but ok. Lots of stuff to do with doctors and insurance!
            Hope the path ahead is smooth mate.

Day 1137.

Am i a super duper high achievin' heavy metal mofo these days? Yes Ma'am, of course i am. I am also a lazy fooker who given half a chance would sit around and git nuthin, i say nought done and be happy to just watch the idiot box all day. However, i also know deep down that this would soon become boring and i'd git into negative thinking and paint all sorts of warped untrue, non evidence based scenario's i could comfortably go for. So i eventually asked myself.....hey G man, what the hell do you want out of this short life? Um....i dunno. I suppose some all expenses paid travel to exotic places would be nice. Maybe a life partner. A few bucks in my pocket and not worrying about where the next dollar's coming from. Maybe to break free of the chains of working for someone else and knowing i have to work on someone else's terms or i don't make money to eat and live.....blah blah.

So Gman. What's the solution? Err, well, i suppose if i gave up boozin i'd start lookin better, turning up for work kinda regular like, feel better, get back my confidence and self respect, health, mental health, a sense of calm and balance, better finance situation, chicks.......

Ok then. It's up to me. I choose. I decide my direction. Who's the captain of your soul Gman? Who's driving this incredible vehicle that can go anywhere? You are doodyhead! Who me? Yes you. Now enough of the negative self talk lame brain and go do something extraordinary.

Git it pilgrim.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
              What's the solution? Err, well, i suppose if i gave up boozin i'd start lookin better, turning up for work kinda regular like, feel better, get back my confidence and self respect, health, mental health, a sense of calm and balance, better finance situation, chicks.......

Ok then. It's up to me. I choose. I decide my direction.
              Ain’t that the truth.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good to see you Tabbers.

Day 1138! Go 'n be great. Why not eh? Why not you pilgrims?

G.....i.......t...it.

Comment

Day 1139 but i ain't one fo' countin.

Quote of the day courtesy of Techie and Mr Thich. 'Enlightenment is when a wave realizes it is the ocean. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh.

Go git it pardner.

Comment

Must be day 1140, but i never been one fo countin'.

Beautiful spring day here. On the road out and about. Swim later. Git it

Comment

Day 1141.

My part of Oz is coming out of a couple of months of lockdown. My city is known as the most/longest locked down in the world. Many sure have had enough of restrictions. Anyway, with close to 80% fully vaxed rate here, the govt's plan is to open everything up and get back to some kind a pre covid existence. We'll see how it goes. Def a relief for many. i hope wherever you are in the world if you're reading this, you're doing ok. Take it easy out there.

Comment

Day 1142.

Git it diggity.

Comment

Day 1144.

Git it homes.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                            Day 1141.

My part of Oz is coming out of a couple of months of lockdown. My city is known as the most/longest locked down in the world. Many sure have had enough of restrictions. Anyway, with close to 80% fully vaxed rate here, the govt's plan is to open everything up and get back to some kind a pre covid existence. We'll see how it goes. Def a relief for many. i hope wherever you are in the world if you're reading this, you're doing ok. Take it easy out there.
                            This thing never ends eh. I find it mind boggling that with vaccines now (close to 85% vaccination rate here) our province still has about 10 deaths a day from it. I guess there might never be a true end to it, but hopefully if vacc rates keep going up and boosters increase protection even more things will finally stabilize.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulburry View Post
                              This thing never ends eh. I find it mind boggling that with vaccines now (close to 85% vaccination rate here) our province still has about 10 deaths a day from it. I guess there might never be a true end to it, but hopefully if vacc rates keep going up and boosters increase protection even more things will finally stabilize.
                              The vaccine is not 100%. Additionally, there are folks vaccinated that have major health issue, I.e., diabetes, cancers, obesity, etc.

Comment

Top of the monday morning from a sunny, brisk, fresh beach pad.

Day 1145 and still alive!

Yes Mulberry. This pandemic seems to go on and on. However i see signs of improvement and a road out of this slowly but surely, in Oz at least. Here govt. health authorities are saying double vax increases level of protection by 65%, 80- 94% depending on vax and individual. Of course, folks in vulnerable health are still at risk. I suppose we have to see how vax effectiveness pans out in time. Hearing that although i'm double vaxxed, i can still carry the virus and potentially pass it on is a concern. Though govt. health dept. here say's the risk is much much lower if both are double vaxxed. Anyway, what do i know? Our borders are opening up for travel here slowly. Mutual agreements with certain countries already established for double vaxxed folks. We still need to protect our vulnerable people here and be mindful that this virus can kill.

On that cheery note, i'm off into the day and the bay for a run and swim. Take it easy out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X