X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi G,

How goes the magic carpet riding?

Comment

Warmest greetings from a wintery beach pad. My hands may be cold but my heart is warm.

Right on Bandit. It's up to me how this story ends.

Some harrowing extra negatives in there SF. Yes, sometimes medical assistance is necessary and if someone is at the point where nothing else is working then you've got to give everything a crack. I wonder if there's already a thread on negatives of drinking that we could contribute to?

Yo Pie. Magic carpet training resumes next week. But I've been in the gym a little this week refining some basic moves. Hope your weekend is going great.

My current hero is Danny Trejo. In his 70's, long hair, tatts, looking in pretty good shape in a black vest in the Machete movies. My new image! lol. But what I like about Danny, is in a recent interview he spoke of how he's been sober for many years after being a roughnut as a kid including jailtime. I like that he pulled it together, got sober, went to Hollywood, stayed sober in that scene and started following the dream. So now I have Danny Trejo post it notes around my room reminding me of the warrior within. Some have AA, Medication, God, Buddha.....I got Danny!

Take it easy out there y'all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Posted by Spirit-QUOTE]However, in the mornings, before I became too overcome with alcohol, I would research. I had to find a medical answer, and I did. For me, it was Baclofen -but Baclofen does not work for some (or many) -but it did for me and I remain grateful.[/QUOTE] Baclofen saved my life, Spirit, and I have been sober 3+ years. :-) Glad to see you are doing well.

Mr.G:love:

Reggie:love:

Comment

Posted by G:
          I am real glad you have turned it around and continue to do so. You rawk my treasured friend. Goodnight from here. X
          - Thanks, G....I fell on my face so many times I can't count. I think the same of you.
          My hands may be cold but my heart is warm.
          I know how to warm those cold hands of yours, Mr. G!

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
            Posted by G: - Thanks, G....I fell on my face so many times I can't count. I think the same of you. I know how to warm those cold hands of yours, Mr. G!
            Hehe. I bet. Thanks Rusty. I hope this week's a good one for you and family.

Morning meditation done. Golly gosh, I think it's day 10. But who's counting. The kryptonite has left the system. Rebuilding and software upgrade installed.

Take it easy out there y'all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post

But who's counting. The kryptonite has left the system. Rebuilding and software upgrade installed.
              Hi G - long time since I looked on your thread - think I am right beside you here, and feeling pretty dang good - happily!
              Have a great week....and lets keep on truckin'
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Originally posted by scottish lass View Post
                Hi G - long time since I looked on your thread - think I am right beside you here, and feeling pretty dang good - happily!
                Have a great week....and lets keep on truckin'
                Good to see you SL. Glad you're feeling good! Thanks, and yep. :heartthumbs:

Comment

Hi G -yes, I am quite sure you are right that there my be 'negatives' to drinking threads already. But here is what I am thinking (could be dangerous -me thinking); you start the thread and make it just a 30 day commitment thread -for me and you to add at least one negative regarding effects of alcohol-and ask others to join in. I will commit to posting daily -for 30 days- a negative (or more). What-cha think? (I would start the thread but I have been chastised for starting too many threads).

This may or may not help me or you, but it might just help some newbies coming on board.

--sf--

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritfree View Post
                    Hi G -yes, I am quite sure you are right that there my be 'negatives' to drinking threads already. But here is what I am thinking (could be dangerous -me thinking); you start the thread and make it just a 30 day commitment thread -for me and you to add at least one negative regarding effects of alcohol-and ask others to join in. I will commit to posting daily -for 30 days- a negative (or more). What-cha think? (I would start the thread but I have been chastised for starting too many threads).

This may or may not help me or you, but it might just help some newbies coming on board.

--sf--
                    It's a great idea SF, but I'm not right to post anymore than I am now, or take on extra posting or a new thread. Maybe in the future. If someone else wants to do it, go for it. Thanks anyway my friend.

Another positive of not boozing though, is when you have (an AF) a spring in your step, you sure turn heads. :thumbsup:

Comment

Morning from the beach pad. Calm seas out there. Day 11 but who's counting.

Comment

Top of the Wednesday morning to y'all.

It must be day 12 but who's counting? The feeling's goooood.

Boozing is for chumps, chumps I tell's yis.

Take care out there. L8tr g8tr's.

Comment

Chumps for realz,ya booze ya looze
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Right on Pauly. You Rawwk!

Comment

G-man: It might be day 13, but who is counting. I hope you and the beach pad or treating you well today?

--sf--

Comment

Morning all,

Hi SF. Yes, day 13 here but who's counting? Farm is calm.

Morning meditation done, orf to the gym. Might check out a local AA meeting in a more indepth manner. i.e. I'm considering hooking up with a group and giving the steps a crack. It's a code I pretty much live by anyway, but it's more for the face to face connection with other warriors on the same path that a group can give. When/if I'm asked to share, i'll mention I'm ready and ask where to start. Just thinking aloud atm. Will see.

EDIT: I know there are all sorts of yahoo's, cowboys/girls and well meaning folk at an AA meeting, but mixing with such a diversity of people is always an experience, and i'll take what I need and leave the rest.

P.S. I don't feel I am powerless over alcohol, or that I need the good lord to recover and get on track, but I know from experience that once the first drink is taken, all bets are off and it's game on. I know I am a slave to my desires, which includes getting numb and I don't have the internal wiring to stop at one lol. So, I need to work on what I can control. I am an impulsive fella and this can take me into situations that are dangerous to my health, physical, mental, emotional. So I know I need to work on curbing such desires and thoughts and am doing so with meditation/mindfulness practice every morning. But I feel I need to step it up a bit too. I found a couple of gr8 books I bought a few years ago which take a mindfulness and sometimes Buddhist approach to recovery. 'The Tao of sobriety' and 'Mindful recovery'. I have another one too somewhere 'Buddhism and the 12 steps' or something. Anyway, I will use whatever tools and support that others have found helpful.

Take it easy out there.
                                Last edited by Guitarista; July 1, 2015, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X