Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
    Morning all,

Hi SF. Yes, day 13 here but who's counting? Farm is calm.

Morning meditation done, orf to the gym. Might check out a local AA meeting in a more indepth manner. i.e. I'm considering hooking up with a group and giving the steps a crack. It's a code I pretty much live by anyway, but it's more for the face to face connection with other warriors on the same path that a group can give. When/if I'm asked to share, i'll mention I'm ready and ask where to start. Just thinking aloud atm. Will see.

Take it easy out there.
    Hi G -without one single doubt, hooking up with other travelers on our same journey is always a great idea. Some of us (maybe many) have not had such great experiences with the program -but then again, maybe some of us were not able to be open-mindedness enough to realize the positive benefits.

G- do whatever the hell it takes -for you. None of the rest of it matters. Just an opinion of course.

-sf--

Comment

Booked an assessment with a grog abuse service next Tuesday. They reckon you can start orf with 6 weekly or f/nightly counselling sessions, then it may continue depending where you're at. They then refer you to a booze counsellor which I'm gonna try, to see if it helps. I feel I'm travelling ok atm, just boosting my effort and tools. Maybe some kind of support group exists other than AA which i'll still try.

L8tr g8trs.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thats probably a good idea Mr G - esp as you are open to counseling and a support group. The more help there is, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by treetops View Post
          Thats probably a good idea Mr G - esp as you are open to counseling and a support group. The more help there is, the better.
          Thanks TT. It's worth a go. I'm always hearing you can't do this alone, and reach out for support cause it's there etc. I'm naturally cynical, but not silly enough to not try other things like groups of some sort.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Good Morning, Sweet Mr. G:love::happy2:

I think it would be really helpful if you saw a counselor/therapist (as we say in the US). I saw one after my family confronted me and told me they thought I should go to rehab and I said, "No Way!!" NOT doing that...especially since the rehab was 12-Step and AA is the Only Way Based. Um, NOT for me. The therapist I saw was very helpful in helping me identify my triggers and developing other "hobbies" other than drinking. We also talked about why I drank, etc. I would have kept seeing her except at the time, I wanted to try and moderate and she wouldn't hear of it. So, I dropped her, but she did teach me quite a bit in just a few sessions. Also, I didn't keep seeing her because she was located over an hour away from my house and her sessions were $123 for 50 minutes! I do think therapy is an essential part of this recovery and I am so proud of you for having the courage to do everything to get sober...and I admire that when you find that one method does not work for you, you look for another way. So glad to call you my friend. :-) Love ya, Mr. G.

Reggie-are you lurking? A cheery hello to you, too!:happy2:

Comment

Thanks Rusty. Will keep you posted. Take care.

Comment

Sounds like a strong plan G and a way to success - congrats for being open to avenues!
                It feels as if you are making a plan to win this time around and that will count for a lot....
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Booked an assessment with a grog abuse service next Tuesday. They reckon you can start orf with 6 weekly or f/nightly counselling sessions, then it may continue depending where you're at. They then refer you to a booze counsellor which I'm gonna try, to see if it helps. I feel I'm travelling ok atm, just boosting my effort and tools. Maybe some kind of support group exists other than AA which i'll still try.

L8tr g8trs.
                  Good stuff Mr G., you are sounding like you really mean business.
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning all from the beach pad. Reasonably cheery here hehe.

Yo SL and Tabbers. Thanks. Yes, I do mean business. You know, I'm also really getting sick and tired of all of these AF milestones around here leaving me in its murky wake! I mean that in a good way. Folks clocking up well deserved AF milestones is reminding me of a precious commodity. Time. And my wasting of it. I really need to get cracking and move ahead to happiness and freedom and kick some ass.

What do ya know, it's day 14! But who's counting?

Take care out there.

Comment

You've got that right Mr.G,we have a small chalkboard hanging in the kitchen that hubs and I take turns writing motivation stuff on,this week I wrote"no more wasted days,you never know how many are left" time is a precious thing that we definitely take for granted
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning all from the beach pad. Reasonably cheery here hehe.

Yo SL and Tabbers. Thanks. Yes, I do mean business. You know, I'm also really getting sick and tired of all of these AF milestones around here leaving me in its murky wake! I mean that in a good way. Folks clocking up well deserved AF milestones is reminding me of a precious commodity. Time. And my wasting of it. I really need to get cracking and move ahead to happiness and freedom and kick some ass.
                        I know that feeling - quite a kick in the ass when I see good folks who I was sharing success with leave me in the dust - not going to happen again! Happiness and freedom - here we come! Loving that...
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Folks clocking up well deserved AF milestones is reminding me of a precious commodity. Time. And my wasting of it. I really need to get cracking and move ahead to happiness and freedom and kick some ass.
                          Originally posted by scottish lass View Post
                          I know that feeling - quite a kick in the ass when I see good folks who I was sharing success with leave me in the dust - not going to happen again! Happiness and freedom - here we come! Loving that...
                          I don't think those people are any stronger, smarter, harder working, or more worthy than you. Nor do I think they have more or fewer stresses, challenges, or tough experiences. The people who succeed "take the option off the table" and therefore learn to deal with everything - the good and the bad - without alcohol. Just think - you never have to drink again! When I realized that, it was true liberation from the hell my life had become. FREEDOM!

I know you guys can do it - you've proven that. Please just be done with it. :hug:
                          Last edited by NoSugar; July 2, 2015, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Day 15. Let it roll.

Comment

Top of the sunday morning to y'all.

Day 16 but who's counting? Wow, see how the days start to stack up like pearls? Noice. Not that I wear pearls mind you.....ok, maybe on the inside and only these AF sorts of pearls k? k.

Comment

Yo! Whadup?

Day 17. Letting it roll.

Comment

Working...
                                X