No announcement yet.

G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top of the morn to you esteemed valued reader.

Thanks FF and y'all. Day 102 here but who, I say who's counting? Shooting for 6 months. The feelings good so far and I intend to keep it so.

Take care.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Psst..... I am counting:monkeysmile:

Comment

:thumbs:
        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Keep one eye on the past, one eye on the future, you'll go crosseyed. So I live in the now. And right now I'm happy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

The Inside job.

Top of the morning from the beach pad.

People say try CBT, Mindfulness, meditation, exercise, but it can be hard to understand how to use it, why I should, and how it works or relates to ME. Why is this?

For me it is because this is an INSIDE JOB. We are connected, but we are unique. I have to find what is useful or otherwise to me in these excellent, free, centuries old road tested strategies. Am I willing to slow down and STOP for a few minutes, in order to self reflect from the inside out?

The monkey mind chatter and noise may take a while to quiet, but breathing will slow us down physically whether we like it or not. Slow, deep breathing at my own pace WILL slow my body down, maybe not my mind at first.

STOP everything, find the quietest place possible (headphones with music if amongst noise) and just BREATHE. Focus on your breathing, in and out from the lower tummy up. Let thoughts be, and when you attach to one, put your focus immediately back on your breath. Don't worry if revolving thoughts stay with you, let them/it. Just go back to your breath and maintain slow, relaxed, deep breathing. Do it for 5 minutes without mercy, fear or favour and you will be more relaxed than you were when you began. Combine this simple road tested basic with no booze in the system every day and you are building a foundation to rise out of chaos.

The key is to keep breathing in a slow, relaxed, deep manner from the bottom (diaphragm) of your tummy upwards. In through the nose, out through the mouth if possible. Main thing is to just BREATHE at your own pace and comfort level. Do this to start each day and throughout the day if you like. Especially do this when you don't want to, or think you don't have the time.

This is the beginning of an Inside job. Whether you like it or not.

Comment

Good morning valued reader and especially to you over there in the cheap seats, I see you.

Must be day 104 but who, I say who except for Starty is f*&^kn counting.

Nice gig last night as part of the volunteering stuff. Kind of a circus theme. Wow, you should've seen the hula hoop dancer! Cool to be surrounded by friendly, well meaning people.

31C today. Run and beach fo sho'. Take it easy out there.

Comment

Top of the morning to you.

Must be 105! Racking 'em up baby and the feelings good. Very good. Stress and worry are overrated. Removing the booze has removed heaps, I say loads of unnecessary, imaginary (ain't it always) stress.

In work today. Ya gotta pay the ferryman sometime. Take care out there.

Comment

Yo, Whad'up?!

Best of the best of good Monday mornings to you valued reader.

Must be 107 but who, I say who except Startyfarty is counting? The working weekend is done and ferryperson paid, so onwards to other equally as important work. Follow me on Twitter, Twatter, Clacker, and Dackergram for more.

Ooroo!

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                    Yo, Whad'up?!

Best of the best of good Monday mornings to you valued reader.

Must be 107 but who, I say who except Startyfarty is counting? The working weekend is done and ferryperson paid, so onwards to other equally as important work. Follow me on Twitter, Twatter, Clacker, and Dackergram for more.

Ooroo!
                    I am still trying to find you on Twatter and on Clacker. Rock on G-Man.

Comment

I am following you G spot :llama:

Comment

Good onya Starty!

"The Dragons in your life

You can choose a dragon
                        or you can wait until a dragon chooses you,
                        but every happy person fights one.

Our dragons give us purpose.

Our dragons give us adventure.

The problem with adventure is that we seldom realize how much fun we’re having until it’s over.

When you’re having an adventure, you wish you were safe at home. But when you’re safe at home you wish you were having an adventure.

Challenge and reward and danger – the possibility of a negative outcome – these are the essential elements of adventure.

The idle rich are bored because pleasure is no substitute for adventure.

St. George must forever kill the dragon and the dragon must forever be killed, because if the dragon were ever finally killed, there would be nothing left but a lonely man looking for something to do.”
                        – John Steinbeck (1961)

Can you name your dragon, the one you are trying to slay? If you can’t, let me tell you how to find him. Look in the darkness toward your personal north star – your impossible dream – and take a series of steps in that direction.

Keep walking. Keep your eye on that star. Your dragon will soon appear.

Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
                        – G.K. Chesterton (1909)

Video games and movies and fiction books are surrogate adventures.
                        Television shows – including the news – are surrogate adventures.
                        Extramarital affairs are surrogate adventures.
                        Gambling – including the stock market – is a surrogate adventure.

Living for real is an actual adventure.

Living for real means choosing to make a difference.
                        Choosing to do a kindness for a stranger.
                        Choosing to encourage a friend.
                        Choosing to right a wrong.
                        Choosing to apologize.

Run unafraid
                        toward the dragon
                        that can never be slain.

Carpe diem."

Roy H. Williams

Comment

That was beautiful Gman

Comment

He's a wise ole fella is our G

Comment

Best of the best of good mornings to you, my valued friends in the cheap seats, and those of you lucky enough to get a seat in the dress circle. I am with you every day at every corner like an annoying but somehow intriguing busker.

The quote in above post was written by a fella called Roy Williams which I found on an unrelated website. I suspect Roy's 4th principle, like mine might be....'just bugger orf!'

Must be day 109 but who, I say who except Starty is counting?

Sun is out, beautiful morning here. Recording music with a fine hussy today at the beach pad. Our deal is just bring me food, but I note she is also a masseuse so may see if I can swing that. :idea:

Throw in some self loving today.

Comment

Hiya G. Oh yeah, ham & egg on a hard roll with a bit of myofascial release? Heaven!
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X