No announcement yet.

G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm very happy to hear you so happy Mr G.

Keep trailblazing for us aussies. :love:
    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Cold over the ditch. I have a fire on tonight and in my PJs already.
      Keep the smiles blazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
        I'm very happy to hear you so happy Mr G.

Keep trailblazing for us aussies. :love:
        Good morning all from a wet and windy beach pad. I'll be donning the waterproof jacket and gittiing me some outdoor action shortly.

Good to see you Classy Glassy! Wishing you a speedy and full recovery with the leg mate. I hope you and yours are well aside from that embuggerance. :heartbeat:

Day something or other here. The feeling's good and raawkin it. 10 mins morning meditation every morning no matter what has been interesting. It always starts off as a gossip session with myself before i have to pull the reigns in, stamp me foot and yell out STOP! Now everyone just CALM DOWN, k? k. And i bring my focus back to my breathing.

Have a rippa out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good that morning meditation habit G!

Comment

Top of the morning reader.

Day 35 but i ain't never been one for countin no. Simple 10 minute morning meditation done. I just do it no matter what. I set a timer and whatever will be will be. I just breathe and let my mind run amuck. lol. I surrender and allow whatever to happen, happen. I just observe. A silent, still observer of the chaos.

Have a safe, sober and magical weekend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

This post moved from what made ur quit stick thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kuya View Post
              'Lex and Nora clearly KNOW that a single drinking episode starts them on a roller coaster downhill. They know themselves.

I know I can NEVER smoke again, just like Nora and Lex can NEVER drink. BUT I know MANY people who quit smoking and can have a few smokes at parties... that will NEVER be me but I would not have the temerity to tell them that their quit is 'invalid'

The position, so prevalent here, that only total abstinence from alcohol is success is quite demoralising for those who fail to achieve it IMO' end Kuya quote.

Yep, it sure can be demoralising. And no surprise if we have realised through experience like i have that total abstinence is my happiest way of living right now. Not necessarily forever, as i don't know that. I am meeting myself where i am now. But it doesn't have to be demoralising when we drink. People here are heroes because they are taking action to change and be where they want to be, who they want to be.

Any AF time is a success and a heroic step forward if that is the goal. Total abstinence may appear to be the prevalent position round here, but i see it more to do with abstinence being a lifestyle that a lot of folk want here, because they have found for whatever reason, they cannot drink in a controlled or safe manner. Others don't want total abstinence. Cool. They are heroes too because they are taking action to address their happiness and health. Neither is failure. Look at my recent history of revolving door presentations here. Time and time again in the last few years. A couple of folks have been dissapointed, but overwhelmingly people here are right there with me in support and happy i am back every time. No feeling of failure vibe at all. More a vibe of unconditional support from 99% of MWOer's with some discussion of where i'm at and where i want to go. There was hardly any shunning because of my choice to drink. My goal is to unlearn my learned behaviour.

For me, this is where i am at, so i meet myself there and come up with a plan of attack. This plan of attack for me, and through experience my best healthiest safest happiest plan right now, is living totally abstinent for today.

I would love to be able to drink how i like (smoke how i like) e.g. once a month. Tried that, not safe or sustainable for me. This doesn't mean it is not safe and sustainable for others.

I wish anyone who wishes to drink anyhow they like all the very best and i wish them safe travels. It is possible for some folk, and something i wish i could do. Maybe when my conciousness and self awareness is further developed i will find a way if i'm still interested. But i am so hardcore, i had to stop. I don't worry what others are doing. This is about me, and has to be.

Abstinence is not for everyone. It is a personal choice. But for me it is necessary right now, and a lifesaver.

One side effect has been........my happiness, health, confidence, relationships quality and self worth have skyrocketed.

Abstinence was not my preferred road. It has become a necessary choice for me. It is not a choice i make easily. It became a choice of life or death for me. Today i am meeting myself right where i am at now. And for me, that's ok. Not for everyone else, just for me.

Anyone having a few drinks this weekend, enjoy yourself. Take care and be safe. Abstinence is not the only way to health and happiness.
              Last edited by Guitarista; April 29, 2016, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Love this post Mr.G,I know that I want total abstinence too,I feel better sober, my bills get paid,I look better,etc i know I can't drink here and there "normally" it always ends up in a binge,I just need to find a way to deal with stress better I'm guessing, thanks for the post
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I had just read this in the other thread when it suddenly disappeared! I'm glad you reposted it - it's very moving and thought-provoking.

The quote I posted is from a sweet, enjoyable movie which apparently was adapted from a book: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When things aren't going right, it often pops into my mind, "It must not be the end." :smile:.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                    One side effect has been........my happiness, health, confidence, relationships quality and self worth have skyrocketed.
                    What more could a fella want?

Comment

Here's a doco released 2016 that TT posted earlier. Thanks TT. It follows a few alcoholics around in London. Another reminder of the internal organ damage booze can do to us quietly behind the scenes.

YouTube

Comment

Mr G, a great post!
                        Yet again I have to go back to day 1.....I feel embarrassed, ashamed, that I have not only let myself down but also people here who have reached out to help me. While I really appreciate the support, it makes it even harder to face those people again after messing up.
                        I feel like hiding away yet I know I need to be here.
                        I also know where I want to be and that my life is definitely better in every way sober. I can't figure out what is stopping me......
                        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Originally posted by daisy45 View Post
                          I also know where I want to be and that my life is definitely better in every way sober. I can't figure out what is stopping me......
                          Hi Daisy,

Glad you posted. There is no failure in my mind, however, if your goal is sober living as you say, then we need to find out what is happening. What triggered this episode?

Take care of yourself today and don't worry.

Comment

Top of the sunday morning to all.

Wild and windy here with blue skies. Noice. Recording with my band today. Looking forward to it.

Take care out there.

Comment

Monday morning, day 37. Up and at 'em.

Comment

Hey Mr. G and everyone else stopping by today,

Read the post about having the occasional and agree it can not fit into my plan. My plan is to get it out of my life for good and although it finds it's way in occasionally it is met with an ever greater amount of disrespect each time. I also used to smoke and could have never gotten that horrible habit out of my life if I didn't decide 100% NO! I'm a work in progress every day yet feeling good about my direction.

Also, from one musician to another, loving my decision to take up the banjo and playing some out of this world Bach! Have a half marathon in 30 days and feeling wonderful about my training and none of it could be possible with my former love affair with drink.
                                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X