Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kuya
    Good on ya G

Lazy day here, went for a massage then hung out with my girl.

Beautiful Monday morning now.....got tons to do which is great!
    Sounds perfect. :goodjob:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Yo. Sup dawg.

Day 30 from the beach pad. Drizzly rain outside but the sun's a shinin' in me little heart.

We've heard all the cliches....'this feels different'....'i'm pumped'.......'no turning back'.......'never drinking again' etc. I love them all, but hell, who knows what tomorrow will bring. One foot in front of the other here for this fella. Keeping it simple with a gentle headcheck and some basic yoga and breathing first thing every morning. Then always some sort of workout before i head out into the day. Keeping a watch on what i let myself think about, staying positive and happy where i can, and doing nothing when a stressful thought or situation presents itself. Whatever will be will be. I'll deal with situation if it calls for it, otherwise let it go and continue forward beyond it to the next adventure. Anyway, this is the plan for today.

L8tr Yo! :llama:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

You too G-man, keep doing what you're doing! You got it this time, I just know it!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
          Yo. Sup dawg.

Day 30 from the beach pad. Drizzly rain outside but the sun's a shinin' in me little heart.

We've heard all the cliches....'this feels different'....'i'm pumped'.......'no turning back'.......'never drinking again' etc. I love them all, but hell, who knows what tomorrow will bring. One foot in front of the other here for this fella. Keeping it simple with a gentle headcheck and some basic yoga and breathing first thing every morning. Then always some sort of workout before i head out into the day. Keeping a watch on what i let myself think about, staying positive and happy where i can, and doing nothing when a stressful thought or situation presents itself. Whatever will be will be. I'll deal with situation if it calls for it, otherwise let it go and continue forward beyond it to the next adventure. Anyway, this is the plan for today.

L8tr Yo! :llama:
          Congrats Mr G! I love that you are doing this again. I remember the first time with your long stint 2009 i think it was. 7 years ago. Can you believe that? . You always told me you would never say never. But I knew you were strong in your quit. That is the impression I get now. Very proud of you x

Comment

Mr. G., this time is different and I am right behind you, let's make this AF time stick.

Comment

Congrats on 30 days, G!! One foot in front of the other and one day a a time. Slow and easy wins the race. Take some time to do something nice for yourself today.

Comment

Thanks Ma'am.

Must be day 32 but i ain't a countin'. I'm making the days count.

Today is def laundry day, as i might be having company later. :eek-new: Bjesus, where's that bloody vac?

Head check - check.

Comment

Thanks KY. Yes..........................a lady caller. Have a beaut day.

Folks might find these talks useful. Recovery 2. Online Conference - Survive Addiction. Thrive in your life.

Comment

I am listening to those Mr G. I am finding Gabor Mate a bit dry though......

Did your lady call? :thumbs:

Comment

Mate isn't the most engaging speaker, is he? He rarely uses humor and he mumbles :rolleyes-new:.
                      I rejected his ideas for several years but now that I read and listen to him in light of understanding the 3Ps, I've found his ideas to be very illuminating and helpful.

Have a great day 33, Mr G!

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                        Mate isn't the most engaging speaker, is he? He rarely uses humor and he mumbles :rolleyes-new:.
                        I rejected his ideas for several years but now that I read and listen to him in light of understanding the 3Ps, I've found his ideas to be very illuminating and helpful.

Have a great day 33, Mr G!
                        Its his face as well, looking at him was making me feel ever so slightly depressed

Comment

Yeah, old Gab does look very depressed and a little stoned. Some of his clients probably walk out of a session dying to get high again to try lighten the mood! :congratulatory: But i like his info and input. I reckon he's a dedicated sort of fella.

Must be day 33 but who's counting. Gig tonight with my band. It's sure to be a rippa.

Have a good one Starty, SB and y'all.

Comment

When you are on a date do you wear a Gstring?
                            No.

Comment

Damn
                              A woman threw a studded leather one onstage years ago, but i seem to have misplaced it.

Comment

A pearler of a gig tonight. Great venue and crowd response. Made some new friends and rekindled older friendships. Connection. It's all about connection. Time to hit the hay after i come down man.

Comment

Working...
                                X