No announcement yet.

G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top of a saturday morning from the beach pad. Day 34 but who's keeping score?

Connection. Yes Siree. I had a fab time playing last night. It was one of those venues with a well established base crowd no matter what band's playing, so we had almost a full house listening. So much good feedback from folks stopping on way to the bar etc. to say they enjoyed the music. Feels real good when that happens.

Why? It's the connection with other humans. For me i reckon it's because through doing something i love, i am also sharing something of myself. Something natural, real and personal. Just a very warm connection felt with strangers. Gotta do more of that.

Of course, the excitement and feel good factor can and did lead me to thoughts of 'geez, a few drinks tonight after gig when i'm home could be nice. I don't have work till next weekend and i can just cancel sundays rehearsal with another band with some BS story.' But i knew only too well through my so many recent on/off on/off for a few weeks/months cycle that the only way to break that is to deal with those temptations. Happy to say i didn't dwell long on boozing thinking and returned my head to the level above and showed myself some respect and enjoyed the night. People i hadn't seen for awhile told me how good i looked. Looking good comes from the inside too. Deciding to live sober and living it, is all win win. The plusses just keep coming and in fact compound and multiply.

Very grateful to be here this morning proud and sober. I ain't going back. Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Glad you listened to yourself, Mr G. He's a pretty wise guy (and a wiseguy ).

Comment

Mr. G., love the way you thought it out to the end...AF is the only way to go. Isn't it crazy the way we reason to ourselves we can have, "a few," or, "just one?" Didn't happen much for me that way, being AF has so many benefits, drinking is just not the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopyC View Post
          Mr. G., love the way you thought it out to the end...AF is the only way to go. Isn't it crazy the way we reason to ourselves we can have, "a few," or, "just one?" Didn't happen much for me that way, being AF has so many benefits, drinking is just not the way to go.
          Hiya Snoopy, thanks. I'm a wake up to my mental shenannigans!

Yo bitches W'dup.

Day 35 but who's counting. Make the days count. No interest in the poison kryptonite that stops me being me and all i can be. What a fkn illusion drinking is. When will i get it into my thick head that life is too short and i am not immortal, at least on this plane. I see beautiful valuable people around me dying, only in their 50's. Why wouldn't i be next. I'd be a little pissed off. A fair bit to do and say yet.

Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Interesting point, when drinking just getting to the next drink is the goal. When AF, all types of possibilities appear, what is there left to do, I feel good enough to try. Your adventure next year of going to a new country and teaching, experiencing a new culture, how cool, wonderful, exciting. I want to get in better shape and walk the Camino de Santiago, the Way of St. James in Spain, some day. Moving forward with life AF.

Comment

Great to see you so positive, Mr. G. Yes, connection, that's the thing. I've recently taken over our family business and although I am working long hours and don't have much spare time for me, I really enjoy having the contact with our customers every day - those who come in the store to shop and those who call, not just the e-mail contact that I had had over the past few years. It's that connection with the people that I love and that keeps a smile on my face even when I'm too busy to go to the loo. So I know what you mean. Doing something you love, giving something of yourself, and having that connection with others. Can't be done if we're drowning ourselves in a bottle or too hungover to care. The sober life - that's where it's at.:sohappy: Up and attem Mr. G!! You rock!!!:thumbsup:
              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                Great to see you so positive, Mr. G. Yes, connection, that's the thing. I've recently taken over our family business and although I am working long hours and don't have much spare time for me, I really enjoy having the contact with our customers every day - those who come in the store to shop and those who call, not just the e-mail contact that I had had over the past few years. It's that connection with the people that I love and that keeps a smile on my face even when I'm too busy to go to the loo. So I know what you mean. Doing something you love, giving something of yourself, and having that connection with others. Can't be done if we're drowning ourselves in a bottle or too hungover to care. The sober life - that's where it's at.:sohappy: Up and attem Mr. G!! You rock!!!:thumbsup:
                Hiya Stirly whirly! Nice to see you. Thanks my friend.

Glad you're happy with work. Yep, the face to face thing with other humans has a big impact. Connection! Regularly - whatever that means to someone. It is you who raawk dear friend. Closing in on a year! Have a beaut week.

Must be day 36 but i ain't one fo countin'. Let's git it.

Comment

I'm with you Mr G.
                  I'm 55 and I want to see 60, and 70 and be there to take care of my children and their children.
                  There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                  You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Originally posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
                    I'm with you Mr G.
                    I'm 55 and I want to see 60, and 70 and be there to take care of my children and their children.
                    You'll need to hang around for your Sainthood too.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                      You'll need to hang around for your Sainthood too.
                      Yeah, well that will probably be a long time coming.

Hey - don't tell Rusty, but I'll probably be in Melb later this year. Would you like to catch up for a coffee?
                      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Yep, definately. That'd be cool. Keep me posted Glassy.

Comment

Ohhh an MWO meetup! Lovely. I still have the photos that Boozehag sent me when she met up with you Mr G!

Congrats on the 35 days I am loving your attitude. Its infectious

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                            Ohhh an MWO meetup! Lovely. I still have the photos that Boozehag sent me when she met up with you Mr G!

Congrats on the 35 days I am loving your attitude. Its infectious
                            Thanks Starty! I remember BH with great fondness. Hope she's well.

Day 37 and making this day ahead count.

Headcheck - check
                            Yoga (my quick simple version) - check
                            5-10 min. meditation/breathing (for short attention span groovers) - check
                            Workout - later this morning after coffee and a light breakfast.

Good news on the gig front. Venue we played last friday night want us back. Not a bad scenario for a band playing original music. Need to get to work on our album. Plenty of good stuff to do 'round here. Let's git it.

Comment

Must be day 38 but i never been one fo countin'.

hillbilly 10 commandments.jpg

Comment

Day 39 and today i'm gonna shine.

Comment

Working...
                                X