No announcement yet.

G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy smokin seventh day adventurers, it's 60 days off the booze! Yeah!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
      Holy smokin seventh day adventurers, it's 60 days off the booze! Yeah!
      Greggeroo amazing work! Day by day you have got to this point and I am impressed :sohappy:

Comment

Congrats on your 60, G. That's awesome.
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Thanks Starty, Jvo and y'all.

Below # 12 from 12 fab things about sobriety copied from hip sobriety link Pav posted in the nest. Thanks Pav and Holly.

12 Fabulous Things About Sobriety. — HIP SOBRIETY

'12. You find out who you are. And you are awesome. Drinking perpetually keeps us from understanding Who. We. Are. It is culprit in developing a false sense of self and a divide between who we really are, and the person we think we have to be. Until we remove alcohol from our lives, we never get to experience the true capacity and depth of self. Removing alcohol allowed me to finally get to the bottom of who I was, and finally give her the fighting chance she deserved. We are all gems, all of us with gifts, all of us perfect little stories to unfold. Removing alcohol allows our real journey to finally begin.'

The above is true. Day 62. Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Mr. G., you are a week ahead of me and I love reading your posts, your positive attitude is contagious. This time is different for me, I have taken alcohol completely off the table, knowing this is filling me with hope and confidence, with an attitude of gratefulness. Life can be so good AF. Have a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy56 View Post
              Mr. G., you are a week ahead of me and I love reading your posts, your positive attitude is contagious. This time is different for me, I have taken alcohol completely off the table, knowing this is filling me with hope and confidence, with an attitude of gratefulness. Life can be so good AF. Have a good one.
              Hiya Snoopy. Thanks. Your attitude of gratefulness won't do no harm. In fact, doors are more likely to open if they haven't already.

Sit down and let me tell youse a little story. No? Ok. Yesterday i was running along the beach and stopping at each park bench to do some dips/push ups then back to the run. I had my car key, a fob remote style wrapped in my running towel to keep it dry. Anyway, realised i lost the thing somewhere upon me return to the car. So i had to back track slowly a few kilometres and hope to christ i'd find it. Interesting thing
              was my internal dialogue. Not stressed at all, no panic about losing a $500 ignition key, just a relaxed knowing that i'd find it soon enough, hopefully at one of the benches i stopped at. Sure enough, only a couple of hundred metres back, there it was on the ground. It was a 'whatever will be will be' mind set. Sobriety definately contributed to that. I remember when i was drinking, my mind set would've been 'fk! find me that key.....and find it now!' There was a gentle feeling of trust that the universe would provide somehow, key or no key, and either way would've been ok. OMG..... Is he the one?

Day 63. Let's git it. :llama:

Comment

Must be day 64 but who, i say who's counting?!

Onwards to 70.

Comment

Looking good there, G!

Comment

Testing

Testing 1,2 new device. Day 65. Hi Pie. Thanks, hope ur good

Comment

New device is working fine, and so is the G-man's final quit!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yo AB!

A drizzly Tuesday morning here, forecast more drizzle 12c. It's supposed to be bloody spring! But you know i ain't complaining. Might have time later for a run on the beach in the rain. One of my fave things as there's no one around. First up though is english class observation then type up a lesson plan. Last week we were all hot for teacher! Man.

Well this new samsung a6 tablet is bloody hopeless. Illogical, slow, unresponsive. Taking it back to the shop today and getting an apple. It's so hard living in the first world isn't it?

Must be Day 66. Let's git it.

Comment

Feeling tough with me new laptop.

Day 67 but who's counting. 2 classes today and tonight. Sheesh! Off to the gym and a run first. Take it easy out there.

Comment

Hey G-man, I've got an Apple iPad and a Dell Latitude tablet, the Dell beats the iPad hands down! Oh yeah, great job on the 67 days!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks AB. I went for a macbook air. Nice little unit. Satisfies 3 criteria for me. Noticeably very light for portability. usb port. long battery life when away from home. haven't found much about it to piss me off yet.

Day 68 but i never been one of counting'. Let's git it.

Comment

Geez, I wish I had your money lol. But hold on, 68 days times $15.00 per day, I guess you've saved enough!

Comment

Working...
                                X