No announcement yet.

G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo Wilson. Thanks buddy. I am a happy fella, and i can say that my happiness is completely and directly related to my decision to turf the turps. Living sober allows anyone the chance to shine. It can take awhile for the dust to settle, but we are all decent good people at our core, and with sobriety this will surface in it's own in....ini.....inimat......inimitable way.

Must be day 75! Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Day 76. I haven't been this happy even on drugs.

Drugs/booze or 'happy' medication isn't a full happiness or peace. Sure, it can be a brief respite from reality, and anti-depressant meds can be a lifesaver (not always), but we can change our reality just like we can change our world. A medicated peace is not sustainable and only half the deal. A sober peace is far fuller and deeper. A sober peace and contentment somehow involves the physical, emotional and another area which i'll call spiritual, or some sort of universal connection. A medicated peace is short term and has the price of hangover, addiction, or a physical and emotional crash (i am not talking about meds that can save a distressed persons life in the short term).

Living sober somehow allows me to bring my emotional, physical and spiritual areas into balance without too much effort. Either way, living sober and ditching booze is bringing me peace, happiness and an understanding of balance.

Rawk on brah. :llama:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post

Drugs/booze or 'happy' medication isn't a full happiness or peace.
        G-Man -one the best quotes that I have ever read:

So, for all you who reading this and just simply wanting to get sober, G has quite clearly given you a vision of what you can feel like in 76 or fewer days -booze-drugs free. He is telling you the absolute truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson1 View Post
          G-Man -one the best quotes that I have ever read:

So, for all you who reading this and just simply wanting to get sober, G has quite clearly given you a vision of what you can feel like in 76 or fewer days -booze-drugs free. He is telling you the absolute truth.
          The truth according to me Wilson. And i haven't even talked about how good you'll look! :congratulatory: Rock on buddy.

Comment

Aint that the truth Mr G. It is not sustainable and all the rebound issues from doing the drugs/booze just damage whatever potential there is for happiness in sober times.

Congrats on 76. 56 or 8 weeks for moi

Comment

Wow Startyfarty. 2 whole months! That's what i'm talking about! Gr8 work me auld mucker.

Day 77! Bring it on. I ain't going back. Was the G house once upon a time a place where angels feared to tread? I dunno, but with numbers like 77, me clock reading either 4:44, 5:55. 1:11, 3:33 whenever i look at it, some would say the things are everywhere. Female preferred k? Thank you Universe, God, Buddha, Allah, Jesus, Mohammed, the bus driver on the 210 route, and the grossly underpaid but cheery bloke down the 7-11.

Take it easy and do something nice for yourself this weekend.

Comment

Day 78 and the feeling's gr8!

May the good lord take a likin to ya.

I like this. A 5 min vid looking at causes of addiction.
                YouTube
                Last edited by Guitarista; October 29, 2016, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Hi Mr G!

Nice video. It makes sense. Yesterday I watched a lot of youtube on Indigo people. They are also prone to addiction.

Congrats on 78 days!

Comment

Thanks Justme. Indigo people? Do u mean indigenous?

Must be day 79 but i never been one fo counting' Yo!

Comment

Hi G

No, indigo, referring to the colour of their aura. Or star seeds.
                      Very emotional, sensitive human beings.

Can't say I believe all of it, but interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Justme Again View Post
                        Hi G

No, indigo, referring to the colour of their aura. Or star seeds.
                        Very emotional, sensitive human beings.

Can't say I believe all of it, but interesting.
                        Oh, yep i get you. I reckon there is some truth in that. Many artistic folks can get into some trouble with substances. Down to some extra sensitivity and often a less 'closed' way of being, i.e. very open which is gr8 for art, but leaves one also open to some 'evil wizardry' too. But we can acknowledge and overcome such things. Just my observation.

Comment

Hi Mr G. You sound different this time. What do you think is the difference in this quit for you?

Many many congrats on 79. I am coming up the rear (so to speak) with 59

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                            Hi Mr G. You sound different this time. What do you think is the difference in this quit for you?

Many many congrats on 79. I am coming up the rear (so to speak) with 59
                            Thanks Starty, so in a couple of hours you will be at 60 days! that is 2 whole months! It seems like yesterday when you (and i) were beginning again. Gr8 work mate.

I put my current quit down to drugs. No, just joking. It remains to be seen how i go from here, but right now i am committed to living sober. Maybe it's because i am gradually understanding that i need to grab life by the horns now rather than later, to achieve a few things i want to do. Like put more music out there, and build a larger portfolio of work (albums etc). Travel and finding a missus is also on the cards. :nutso:

A few music/mental health projects currently happening need some ongoing nurturing, and travel this time next year will be a chance to expand on that and have some fun. So my thinking is - you might as well just go for it and do something you love G man, otherwise the alternative is a life just existing and probably a focus on dreams not realised or at least tried. Also keeping a strict eye every morning/day/night on my thoughts and feelings i'm sure is helping me stay positive, relaxed, focused and not stressed.

How are you doing?

Today, Nov 1st. i have been 80 days sober. That's a solid number eh? :victorious:
                            Last edited by Guitarista; October 31, 2016, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Many congrats Mr G. Not only on your wonderful 80 days but your whole attitude and your never give up mentality

I am focussed on checking my thoughts too. Each time I feel bad I now KNOW it is the way I think about any given situation. Be it putting myself down or moaning about my lot. It is purely my thought at that given moment. Knowing that I have the opportunity to change them which I am doing and not doing too badly at it thankfully. Keep up the good work Mr G.

Comment

Congrats on 80 days!

Comment

Working...
                                X