Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top of the morning y'all.

How r u going Missy?

Jamming with my 2 bands today. Will be good to catch up with ma homies. Off for a run firstly. Have a bewdy out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

G -it is just damn good to see ya back posting. I hope we all get an invite to grand opening of the house on the beach when you make it happen.

--sf--

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
        Top of the morning y'all.

How r u going Missy?

Jamming with my 2 bands today. Will be good to catch up with ma homies. Off for a run firstly. Have a bewdy out there.
        Fine and dandy G!!! Didn't take my phone with me on my walk, so photo will have to wait!!

Hope you enjoy your jam session!! I was just looking at my uke ..... it's been a while since I took it out of its case. :-( Mr B is working today; and I'm being completely self-indulgent and am curled up on the sofa, in the sun, reading some chick lit. :-)
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Yo whad up.

The sun's shining here and it's into another week. Life is too short, so let's make it count.

Take it easy out there and kick some ass in your own way.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hi, G:

Great to see you again. I haven't made meditation a regular practice. I hereby commit to doing so this summer.

Pav

Comment

Originally posted by Pavati View Post
              Hi, G:

Great to see you again. I haven't made meditation a regular practice. I hereby commit to doing so this summer.

Pav
              Good to see you too Pavi. I started with a 5 minute guided med from you tube, and am now doing 10 minutes each morning. My thinking is If time is an issue for me, then I reckon even more reason to put aside time to meditate.

Giving myself a pat on the back here today. I considered getting booze. I have no-one in my immediate day to day life to be accountable to, except a weekly volunteering spot and band practice and work once every 2 weeks. I could also easily cancel any of these as I have done in the past. But no. I took a step back, paused, and played the video through. Boozing is not what I want. Went for a run instead. Feel much better.

You've really got to work your plan or program daily. No good having a plan of action and not using the thing. My plan is a good one, but it is USELESS if I don't follow it and work it. Yo!

Comment

Well done Mr G have a pat on the back from me too. I guess every victory from the voice in our heads saying 'go on a couple won't hurt' makes us stronger in our resolve never to return to that hell.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                  Well done Mr G have a pat on the back from me too. I guess every victory from the voice in our heads saying 'go on a couple won't hurt' makes us stronger in our resolve never to return to that hell.
                  Thanks Tabbers. Indeed, I believe we do become stronger in our resolve. Hope you are rawkin it there mate.

Comment

Running Yoga, Meditation are ALL amazing healthy alternatives that short circuit that impulse to drink. I know, because they have helped push me through many trying situations that in the past led to periodic drunks. Great news G Man!!!
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Top of the morning to ya.

Thanks Techie. Right on! Hope all's well with you and yours.

Meditation done. Off for some flying over rooftops training soon.

Take it easy out there.

Comment

Well done G. You've been a bit of an inspiration to me over the last week or so - both for your commitment to the 5-10 minutes, but also because of the peer support work you do.

I'm off to NZ for my friend's funeral in about an hour. I've been contemplating about "life" lots over the last week. I'm still totally gutted that I didn't quite realise how serious his illness was. Conversely, I think I'm incredibly lucky in being able to go on holiday in a few weeks and see some parts of the world that look to be magic. Dont know where I'm going with this, but anyway, good on you G-Bloke for sticking your thoughts out there for all to read and ponder on.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Morning all!

Thanks Missy, I get you. I hope you're okay there. Safe travels friend.

Happy birthday Jonesy for last week. X

Morning meditation done. A bit of sunshine poking through. Noice.

Take it easy out there.

Comment

Top of the morning to you friend.

Bursts of sunshine through cool cloudy sky's here. Very nice.

Morning med done. Great sleep overnight. Obviously needed it. Composed and recorded a cool little guitar/ambient piece, the style I will term as 'borebeat' yesterday and well into the night, which is why I slept well I suppose. Just the best way for me to spend a few hours.....on my art.

Feeling better today thankyou umpire. The climb and comeback begins anew. L8tr g8tr's.

Comment

Day 5 and feeling alive. Nice sleep last night and having a chilled day today. Am on holidays from work for next few weeks for a break. I could drink and get sober a few days before going back to work if I wanted to. I have no other responsibilities. No pressure to be sober for anything or anyone. But....I don't want to drink. I want to live. Enjoying the no pressure me time.

Take it easy out there. Especially you Ne.

Comment

Good job G-man,

Keep those days up.

xx

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Working...
                                X