No announcement yet.

G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Mr G., this caught my eye in your last post: 'No pressure to be sober for anything or anyone'
    How true, when all is said and done we really only have our own selves to answer to. Despite what ever our friends, families and loved ones say and mean to us and despite all the personal carnage that comes with the territory in the life of an alcoholic there is only one person who can say ENOUGH, THIS HAS TO STOP.
    Every day we when we first open our eyes again to a new day we haven't taken that first drink, it is up to us where our lives go from there.
    Wishing you well Mr G., this is certainly no walk in the park but it can be done.
    Take care
    KTAB
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Thanks Missy.

Yes, right on Tabbers. The fact that there's no pressure on me either way, nor timeline really, means I can just chill and 'be'. I can just 'be'. From this 'no pressure' state it's a pretty good opportunity to stop, take a step back and breathe, come up with a direction, and go forth and prosper. Hope you're good there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning all from the beach pad.

Morning (5 min) meditation done. Executed wonder woman power pose for 2 minutes focusing on the breath. Threw in some twerking to get the oxygen flowing.

Day 6.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hahahaha, that'll get the oxygen to where you need it,day 6? I thought you were up in the hundies,I must not have been paying attention, good on day 6,your last one Mr.G
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yep indeed. Thanks Pauly.

Comment

Day 7. Rawkin!

Comment

Seven-Guitars-Playbill-03-96.jpg
                AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Thanks Jane! There is a lot of power in a guitar. Especially 7 of em. And with one of Lav's chooks at your feet, how could a fella go wrong? :applouse:

Comment

Hey Handsome Mr. G! Xoxoxo

Comment

Hello gorgeous Ms. Rusty!

I hope your mum is feeling better. Take care of yourself this weekend my friend. X

Comment

Some negatives of drinking.

Cancer!

Depressive mood!

Negative thinking leading to dangerous thoughts like self abuse or suicide!

Daily feelings of Despair and hopelessness!

Low self image and low self worth!

Heart disease!

Liver disease!

Organ failure leading to heart attack or collapse = coma, wheelchairs, or death!

Magnified Stress leading to high blood pressure and/or heart attack!

You look like shit!

In fact, you look like a puffy, fat, red faced fucker!

Lost dreams!

From your hospital bed you are thinking.....' I could've been a contender.....why didn't I kick my ass, stop taking shit, talking shit, and just go for something?'!

The good news.....I have always had the tools to move forward and be happy within me. Within.
                        Last edited by Guitarista; June 26, 2015, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Hi Sweet Mr. G:

This is what it did to me: Magnified Stress leading to high blood pressure and/or heart attack!

You look like shit!

Lost dreams!

All of the above.

With love, from your biggest fan in Wisconsin...America's Dairyland, the Land of Cheese.

Love ya,

Rusty

Comment

Hey Rusty.

I am real glad you have turned it around and continue to do so. You rawk my treasured friend. Goodnight from here. X

Comment

' I could've been a contender.....why didn't I kick my ass, stop taking shit, talking shit, and just go for something?'!

Oh the times I have said this to myself.
                              There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                                Some negatives of drinking.

Cancer!
                                Depressive mood!
                                Negative thinking leading to dangerous thoughts like self abuse or suicide!
                                Daily feelings of Despair and hopelessness!
                                Low self image and low self worth!
                                Heart disease!
                                Liver disease!
                                Organ failure leading to heart attack or collapse = coma, wheelchairs, or death!
                                Magnified Stress leading to high blood pressure and/or heart attack!
                                You look like shit!
                                Lost dreams!
                                From your hospital bed you are thinking.....' I could've been a contender.....why didn't I kick my ass, stop taking shit, talking shit, and just go for something?'!
                                The good news.....I have always had the tools to move forward and be happy within me. Within.
                                Ok G-man, i think you are to a good new thread -the NEGATIVES of drinking. PLEASE start a thread relative to your post.
                                The in-your-face negatives can always be helpful as reminders to post-drinkers or helpful to the newcomers.

I do have to admit one thing though G, for me, there were never enough negative thoughts or reasons for keeping me from my next drink. I remember writing down all the negatives -for me- every morning, and then still somehow choosing to drink later that day. Hell, I even wrote down the negatives as I was ingesting my firewater.

Please understand G, this only applies to me, but for me, I knew that I had a brain disorder that had to be changed medically. After 15 years of trying so desperately to stop -trying every method known to mankind -concurrently and otherwise, I felt as doomed as a person could feel. I vividly remember thinking that it was all over but the funeral. However, in the mornings, before I became too overcome with alcohol, I would research. I had to find a medical answer, and I did. For me, it was Baclofen -but Baclofen does not work for some (or many) -but it did for me and I remain grateful.

G -below, I have listed my most negative remembrances regarding the results of drinking or other drugging:

(1) Extreme anxiety
                                (2) Depression
                                (3) Loss of hope
                                (4) Loss of joy and enthusiasm
                                (5) Feeling a total loss of being connected (with myself, others, and my spiritual connections)
                                (6) Could no longer longer look at myself in the mirror (my fat bloated face or the sadness in my eyes)
                                (7) Shame and guilt beyond understanding
                                (8) Thoughts of leaving this perceived hopeless world
                                (9) No more excitement about the new things that I would/could encounter
                                (10) I had become a prisoner-a slave- of a destructive force- that needed me to die-regardless
                                (11) Always walking with my head down -unable to look at anyone in their eyes

I will always remember the thoughts of "how in the hell did I let this happen again?" I will also always remember the thoughts that would repeatedly say "just drink a few to help you think things through". Ok, great idea ---NOT.

My list could go on and on, but I will stop here. If you do feel like it, start a thread relative hereto.
                                G-as you already know, firewater is a miserable, destructive beast, and the longer you go without it your system, the greater life gets.

Thanks for the whiteboard to let me share my thoughts.

--sf--
                                Last edited by Spiritfree; June 27, 2015, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X