No announcement yet.

G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not drink. I have taken the option off the table. It is non negotiable. I am at one with my inner and true desire to live sober. I do not fight with myself to hold on to something that weakens me and will destroy a good man.

I do not fight the path to freedom. I do not fight it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

And have a lovely peaceful sleep tonight Mr G who does not drink. But stay warm and snuggly.

Comment

Thanks Mam. You too.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Day 18. Just had a phone assessment for a drug and booze counsellor referral, which is the process here. Should kick off in 3/4 weeks. They tell me around 6 sessions, so going in with open heart and open mind, looking to strengthen my resolve and sober vision. Smart recovery sessions could be a goer too. There are a couple around town so may give them a try. More cognitive behavioural thinking approach which is a little different to AA. AA is closer, but SMART might be more beneficial. SMART is also run by a trained drug and al facilitator. Will give it a try I reckon. Off for gym and a run soon. All pretty ok here today.

Take it easy out there.

Comment

Wednesday morning, Day 19 but who's counting?

Just reflecting on meself. Geez, I reckon I've been a bit of a wet blanket this year, letting myself flap in the breeze with no direction a little too long. This can be a good thing though, as long as one is aware of it. Time to git aggressive. Get angry, harness it, and take back this precious cargo of buried treasure and dig it up.

Hey, looky here....what do ya know, a gold trunket! Must be worth millio.......nah, couldn't put a price on it.

L8tr, Yo!
            Last edited by Guitarista; July 7, 2015, 06:29 PM.

Comment

G - you sound so determined - it is good to read, and to trug along beside you....
              Having determination and motivation sounds like a great way to get success!
              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Can't have wet blankets in winter - so stick to the dry ones (lots of puns here intended!).
                Freezing over in Kiwiland today. I have the fire on, working at home and looking after sickies.
                You take care and stay warm and determined.

Comment

Top of the Thursday morning to all.

Day 20 but who's counting? They sure rack up, so if you are on day 1, stick with it and you'll have a week behind you before you know it.

Trug along SL. Always room for you! Determined and motivated I am. I also know that motivation often has an expiry date, and that's ok. I'm sticking with the vision of why I want to live sober and am reflecting on that each morning. Hope you are good.

G'day TT. Geez, you seem to be always working? Hope it's enjoyable work, and you get some time to frollick in the snow!

Morning meditation done. A 5 min. guided one from you tube. Was funny. It was a live video/voice recording at 6.00 a.m. looking out over a misty, peaceful lake. Quite serene and quiet with a bird happily chirping away in the distance. The speaker kept going on about the peace, the quiet of our lake as the camera gently panned out over a beautiful natural isolated piece of nature, hardly touched by the excesses of humankind. Then all of a sudden you hear a truck roar past in the background.

Have a rippa out there.

Comment

That's funny! I tried a self hypnosis for booze on YouTube once but the guy sounded like he was in a closet,lots of echoing and background noise,distracting as heck
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

G-man
                      I found for me the first 6 months it was critical for me to make sure as soon as I swung my feet over and onto the floor to thank the powers that be for the past sober day and a look forward to the same. It sets the tone for the day.
                      good on you
                      Sam
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Yep. Thanks Sam.

Yo Pauly.

Comment

Here's a calming meditation for you, Mr. G :wink:: https://vimeo.com/132790897. I'm not sure everyone would appreciate the humor - hope you do.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                            Here's a calming meditation for you, Mr. G :wink:: https://vimeo.com/132790897. I'm not sure everyone would appreciate the humor - hope you do.
                            I love it NS! Gave me a good laugh this morning. I could've used this meditation when I was having some 'disciplinary' issues at work in 2013 which I survived with the support of my union thankfully, and still in the job today. I'll check out some other Jason vids. Thanks. :happy2:

Day 21 but who's counting? Happy 21st buddy! I notice my friend Lifechange will have 30 days today July 10! Wow, but i'll wait for a check in before I git over excited!

Take it easy out there. L8tr g8trs.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                              NoSugar -I hope you understand and believe me when I make the following statement: That is one of FUNNIEST, most laugh provoking videos that I have ever seen. I swear to you, right now, I can hardly type this message because I am still laughing so deeply.

Please let me explain why I find so much humor in this video; when I first started yoga and meditation sessions, these were the exact thoughts going through my mind. I did not want these thoughts -they were just.....there. Everyone else in the room that first day looked as though they were peacefully settled in -and- experiencing their ocean or mountain retreat, while I was sitting there, eyes closed, perfectly still, thinking about how I was going to get even with some folks. The longer that I sat there, the more frustrating my breathing got, and then I became pissed off that I was even sitting there trying this meditation malarkey.

Well, thankfully, my meditation sessions and forms of quietness no longer resemble those early days. True meditation is still difficult for me, but I have come along ways. These days, I love drifting off -out my regular day thoughts, and visioning/experiencing other ways.

Thank you very much for the post. I would love to share this on some of my social sites but i am hesitant to do so. I will pass it to a few that I know that probably will pass it on. (I can not wait for my wife/mom/dad to view). You get an lol x 100.

Edit: Whoops -my wife thought I was sending her a new found peaceful meditation series. Seriously, she eventually started laughing loud to -just like me -but said that she could not believe that I sent it to my sons (adult sons). LOL.
                              Last edited by Spiritfree; July 9, 2015, 07:57 PM.

Comment

That guided meditation just made me howl!!!
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X