No announcement yet.

G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G-Man, I am not quite sure, but potentially I am late to the 30 day celebration day (international time thing -I guess -lol)

Huge congrats to you -but G, sure enough, I want to thank you for stepping back up to MWO plate again and providing encouragement to rest of us humanoids with AL situations.

--sf--

Comment

30 is a good number, 31 is even better, and on & on & on......
      Well done, let's keep moving in this direction!
      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Thanks Abc, Pie, Narilly, Spirit and SL!

Day 31 to 7000 mostly done but who's counting? Feeling good.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
          Thanks Abc, Pie, Narilly, Spirit and SL!

Day 31 to 7000 mostly done but who's counting? Feeling good.
          I'm counting. Accountability is one of the key tenets of success. Love you brother!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks Techie. Love you too mate.

Day 32 but who's counting? Farm is calm.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Day 33 to 7000. Into it.

Inspired by some of Cassanders recent posts in the meds area. Onya buddy.

Take care out there y'all.

Comment

Food for thought. I was recently in France. There was a spouse there part of our college/university reunion. He is a very leading Psychiatrist in NY. We hit it off. We had dinner with his wife last night. He said under NO uncertain terms, peer pressure, accountabity, and a true willingness to accept both is key in healing. Mr G does both and I applaud him!!!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                  Food for thought. I was recently in France. There was a spouse there part of our college/university reunion. He is a very leading Psychiatrist in NY. We hit it off. We had dinner with his wife last night. He said under NO uncertain terms, peer pressure, accountabity, and a true willingness to accept both is key in healing. Mr G does both and I applaud him!!!
                  Thanks Techie. :thumbsup:

Comment

Yo!

Day 35 and very alive. But who's counting, eh?

If you are on day 1, or thinking about it, get your head around it. Get your head on your side. Be on the same team as errr, you. Can I control what I think and how I feel? Do I control what goes on inside my head? Yes. Are negative thoughts going on inside my head? Yes. Do I have to listen to them and act on them? No. Are positive thoughts occurring in my head? Yes, sometimes. Do I have to listen to them and act on them? No. But which thoughts do I want to nurture and feed? This is a choice that I can make.

I experience negative thoughts, and positive thoughts every day. So for me to live happily, in peace, and booze free, I consciously choose my positive thoughts and let the negative ones just be and drift off. They do hang around like a bad smell, but i don't let them rule my day or define me. It's a habit I am learning through constant practice. Repetition, until it is my preferred and default way of thinking.

Take it easy and kick some arse.

Comment

Great job G -keep doing what you are doing and you will keep getting what you are getting (lol -I had to say that sometime).

Wow, for me, the first couple of weeks or so, after quitting, were not so easy for me to wrap my head around anything except trying to not 'want' to drink the next day. Eventually, the cyclical negative thought patterns went away, but it was only after I quit drinking and started some medications.

Keep on keeping on G-Man. You are passing on a lot of inspiration.

--sf--

Comment

G - some true words there, and eloquently addressed.
                        I am really focusing on positive thoughts, consciously smiling and realizing how much better it makes me feel. Recently I have chosen to post daily on the gratitude thread. Focusing on more of what you want works - I am naturally pessimistic, so working out how to change my outlook is a work in process, but it really does work.
                        As I lie down at night and identify why I feel good, it is revealing - I chose to ignore why I feel bad and those thoughts are leaving...

Off to kick some butts:applouse:
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Morning all from cool wintery beach pad. A little/big blue sky at least.

Day 36 but who's counting. Thanks SL and Spirit. Have a fab weekend my friends.

Wow. I am feeling so damn good. I'd forgotten how good you can feel living without booze. Pretty special, and I'm forging forward blazing a trail without regret or looking back.

I've decided against alcohol counselling, but instead I'm considering some sort of 'life coaching' performance counselling with a psychologist who has an interest/training in addiction. I may've found such a person and even better, looks like I can get free sessions due to being an ex boozer. I feel I'm running 'on my own power' now as Byrdy likes to say, so strictly booze focused counselling won't really be necessary, but something more about how I move forward right now from here. Kinda a life performance angle taking addiction into the big picture. Living to ones full potential. I feel I just need a little kick start/nudge onto the path.

Anyway, have a rippa weekend out there.

Comment

Sounds like a good plan G. Thinking of you and only hope for the best!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                              Morning all from cool wintery beach pad. A little/big blue sky at least.

I've decided against alcohol counselling, but instead I'm considering some sort of 'life coaching' performance counselling with a psychologist who has an interest/training in addiction. I may've found such a person and even better, looks like I can get free sessions due to being an ex boozer. I feel I'm running 'on my own power' now as Byrdy likes to say, so strictly booze focused counselling won't really be necessary, but something more about how I move forward right now from here. Kinda a life performance angle taking addiction into the big picture. Living to ones full potential. I feel I just need a little kick start/nudge onto the path.
                              G-Man -I ended up taking a very similar road as you are talking about doing. Life Coach -so to speak. The one that ended up using not only understood the alcohol disorder, but understood the importance of moving forward and creating a workable-excitable plan. She (LC) really ended up just helping me to open up my mind to new ideas that I had not thought about before. As a result, I gained excitement, new knowledge, and a desire to try new things, and, as a final result, I ended up thinking much less about alcohol and more about what I really wanted/could do (alcohol free).

--sf--

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritfree View Post
                                G-Man -I ended up taking a very similar road as you are talking about doing. Life Coach -so to speak. The one that ended up using not only understood the alcohol disorder, but understood the importance of moving forward and creating a workable-excitable plan. She (LC) really ended up just helping me to open up my mind to new ideas that I had not thought about before. As a result, I gained excitement, new knowledge, and a desire to try new things, and, as a final result, I ended up thinking much less about alcohol and more about what I really wanted/could do (alcohol free).

--sf--
                                Top of the sunday morning y'all. Thanks Techie!

Cool stuff Spirit. This is what I'm looking for, a life coach scenario designed to give me back my passion and excitement for living again. I'm a bit of a wet blanket at the moment lol. I'll probably get there under my own steam, but I want to try some outside support to see what happens. I reckon i'll begin the process Monday which involves a doc filling out paperwork/referral, then probably a couple of weeks wait, then into it. Was your LC a psychologist?

Day 37 but who's counting. The feelings real good.

Comment

Working...
                                X