X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's a cutie Mr.G
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
      She's a cutie Mr.G
      Long legs too!

Good to see you Pauly. Hope you're kicking a little bit of downhome arse in your own way.

Orf to gym then to city for a memorial graffiti painting for International overdose awareness day - august 31st.

International Overdose Awareness Day spreads the message about the tragedy of drug overdose death and that drug overdose is preventable.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I have not heard of that day being observed in the US, Mr G, but it should be. This is a sad story out today: ‘This is unprecedented’: 174 heroin overdoses in 6 days in Cincinnati - The Washington Post
        I'm so glad you're back to living the life you want. Addiction is too serious to mess around with. :hug:

Comment

Hi, G. Glad you're back.

xo
          Pav

Comment

Hi G,
            Always glad to see your posts & it's clear that sobriety has something that you find alluring or else it wouldn't keep you coming back for more of it. You've had a ton of success in your journey and your positive attitude always lifts my spirits. ❤️
            AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Top of the thursday morning friends. Thanks for dropping in you lot. Love you all. :heartbeat:

Day 18. It's the first day of spring here! New beginnings, and i'm off to a pretty good start. No stress, no pressure, just doing what i need to do and enjoying myself along the way.

So busy talking about ME, i forgot about your link Sugar babe - ‘This is unprecedented’: 174 heroin overdoses in 6 days in Cincinnati - The Washington Post. - Yes, something is very wrong there. The story mentions a probability of the drug being laced with another powerful drug which likely explains it. That is a lot of people gone in such a short period. Here in Sydney and i'm sure still in Vancouver and some other cities in Europe there are Supervised Injecting rooms staffed by nurses and social workers distributing clean needles etc.

From some stats i read taken In Sydney in 2011 relating to safe injecting rooms in one location (only this one program in Oz so far), there were over 4000 overdose interventions/lives saved, 80% less ambulance call outs, and a high level of referrals (9000 i think?) to health services drug/al counsellors all directly related to this initiative. Couldn't find last years stats, but they are sure to be similar for that area, King cross in Sydney.
              Last edited by Guitarista; August 31, 2016, 05:07 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

This is well worth a look. A 30 day approach from day 1. There's a book for sale that is meant to accompany this, but not entirely necessary, and this is free. I just like it because it's simple and structured. Each day has a theme. 'The 30 day solution'

Login | The 3-Day Solution
                Last edited by Guitarista; September 1, 2016, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Day 20. Lookout!

Happy saturday reader.

Comment

Good for you! Keep the days coming.

Comment

Good sunday morning from the beach pad. Thanks Snoopy! Hope you're weekend is a fab one my friend.

Day 21! I am feeling real good. Been here many times to be sure. Day one wasn't that long ago. My, how time waits for no man. I think this fact is slowly penetrating me thick head as i warm to what my old mate Mohamed Ali said.....'don't count the days, make the days count'. The thought of returning to day 1 now isn't a nice one. It always pisses me off and makes for depressed, stressed, negative thinking. Not healthy. Let's hope i don't forget.

Looking at boats/yachts and sailing adventures. Crikey! Get's the blood pumping with the possibilities. Not Unaffordable either. Overseas travel and strumming me guitar along with some teaching english around this time next year is still the plan.

Have a safe, sober and magical weekend out there.

Comment

Mr.G just seen on the calendar that today is Austalian flag day,thought of you haha,congrats on day 21
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                          Mr.G just seen on the calendar that today is Austalian flag day,thought of you haha,congrats on day 21
                          Never heard of that Pauly ha! Better look it up i suppose. Although half the population want it to change to remove the british union jack and include some aboriginal symbolism. I would sure like to see some recognition of our indigenous folks.

Thanks, and have a beaut weekend bud. :happy2:

Comment

Mr. G., it is so great to have you back.:goodjob: I get that it is discouraging to do well for a time then relapse. I am doing my best to make this my last restart. Have a good one.

Comment

Mr. G!
                              This is Solitaire from a few years ago
                              I lost my old account...
                              Good to see that you're on the wagon!
                              Hugs xx

Comment

Hi Solitaire! I remember you well and with fondness my friend. How are you doing these days?

Top of the monday morning from the beach pad. Day 22 but who's counting and i am not going back. No way no how man. This is very doable and possible, even though i'm up against it given past performance. But it has to break someday, and it might as well be this time around. If i keep my head screwed on and keep my thoughts positive every day, i'll be ok. Anyway, breaking it down to just 1 day at a time. That makes sense. Daily AA meetings are not really my thing as it turns out, but i appreciate them and they are useful, so will keep them semi regular. Will try a couple per week and see how that goes. Regular connection is important to me i am finding. No man is an island they say. True in my case, as much as i love the deserted island scenario, i'd soon enough be asking where everyone was! Balance.

Not counting the days either, but making the days count.

:llama:

Comment

Working...
                                X