X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jane27 View Post
    Thanks for the special shout out G and also for 53 days❤️
    You're welcome Jane. Thank you. :happy2:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Day 54. Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Ya got it G-man!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
          Ya got it G-man!
          Thanks big buddy. The feeling's real good 'round these parts.

Day 55. Doors are opening and there are no limits. Let's git it! :horse:

Comment

Great stuff Mr G! I have a few days off now which is the first since I quit. Looking forward to some me time and having time to gather my thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
              Great stuff Mr G! I have a few days off now which is the first since I quit. Looking forward to some me time and having time to gather my thoughts
              Me time is fab and crucial i reckon Starty! Have a great day.

Comment

Day 56 but i never been one fo countin'. In work today. Let's git it.

Comment

Must be day 57 but who, i say who's counting?

Rolling on to 60, then 90, 100, then 6 months. Onwards from there. But right now it's about today and the here and now for now, today like.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                    . We can create all sorts of barriers that are false and are simply illusions..
                    True that. I know the misery I am living is an illusion but I haven't learned to step out of the illusion yet. Like a bad dream when you know you are asleep and just dreaming but can't wake up.
                    Constant relapsing is soul destroying.
                    I cherish my soul, it is the most important thing to me in the world. I cherish my soul even on th bad days. This is why I do not drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadside View Post
                      True that. I know the misery I am living is an illusion but I haven't learned to step out of the illusion yet. Like a bad dream when you know you are asleep and just dreaming but can't wake up.
                      Hi Roadside. I believe the living in misery/illusion, whilst it feels real and can maim or even kill us, is a flick of the switch away from relief and peace. I think there is a switch within that we can find and then decide to flick the thing to ON. Things can be a little slow to power up though, but that's okay for me. I'll take it. The search within, then the decision to only think good things that serve me well. A total inside job. Rebuilding, remodelling and updating the G force. After 6 months, i will take Manhattan. :llama:
                      Last edited by Guitarista; October 9, 2016, 01:57 AM.

Comment

In reference to the 'inside job' and finding this switch from within, I don't think I am one to shirk away from hard work but when it comes to the intangible stuff (like inside jobs) I have a very hard time. But your correct, it is rebuilding from the inside and multiple trusted people insist the brain can be re-mapped and re-wired but geez, louise, it is challenging. I guess that is why they say good things don't come easily.

Let's keep on riding our llamas. It has got to be better than riding the bandwagon.
                        Constant relapsing is soul destroying.
                        I cherish my soul, it is the most important thing to me in the world. I cherish my soul even on th bad days. This is why I do not drink.

Comment

Glad to hear you sounding strong and content, Mr G :hug:.
                          Roadside, you might find some of the ideas here helpful to you: https://www.mywayout.org/community/ge...on-thread.html.
                          Take care, NS

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                            Must be day 57 but who, i say who's counting?

Rolling on to 60, then 90, 100, then 6 months. Onwards from there. But right now it's about today and the here and now for now, today like.
                            We're counting, Mr. G. Right along with you. Onwards and upwards. It only gets better, the more sober days you have. Even the bad days are better than the hungover days. Just keep countin'!!
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by Roadside View Post
                              In reference to the 'inside job' and finding this switch from within, I don't think I am one to shirk away from hard work but when it comes to the intangible stuff (like inside jobs) I have a very hard time. But your correct, it is rebuilding from the inside and multiple trusted people insist the brain can be re-mapped and re-wired but geez, louise, it is challenging. I guess that is why they say good things don't come easily.

Let's keep on riding our llamas. It has got to be better than riding the bandwagon.
                              I wonder if the inside job takes care of itself through some gentle daily action. I don't know, but i know i feel good and it feels right when i have a little, humble daily practice of some sort of self care in the mornings to give my day and myself a chance. For me this is a little yoga and a 5 minute meditation/breathing EVERY morning. Can i handle that everyday? Yep. Too hard Gman? err, nope. Do i understand what a little yoga and short meditation are doing to me? Not exactly. Does it at least feel i am doing something good for myself? Yes. Is it too hard a commitment? No.

Am i worth a little daily self care investment? Yes.

Day 58. Let's git it.

Gr8 stuff on your 1 year of sober living Stirly Whirly! Wowza!

Comment

It's a very good morning to you valued and humble reader from the award winning beach pad as featured in 'Vogue', 'Cosmopolitan', and 'Would you really live here?' magazines. A little chilly here in the 2nd month of spring at the minute, but things will warm up soon enough.

Huge congrat's to my friend Treetops for 4 years booze free. Wow TT! Love your work mate. X

Must be day fkn 59 but i never been one fo countin'. The journey thus far feels really good. I remain very aware of that 'soul destroying' (good description Molly) cycle of choosing to go back to drinking for a couple of sessions, then thinking to myself...'Geez Gman, ok, you had a good time for the first few hours, but look at the price you are paying as you dwell on the reality that you have once again put your dreams on hold for a week as the mind and body deal with the physical hangover and detox/repair process'. For whatever reason, my regular decisions to return to a few sessions of boozing have noticably affected my personal growth and happiness. I am rising above this average mentality, and shooting for the stars baby. For me, any sort of numbing agent or mind altering substance ceases my personal growth and general happiness at this point.

Orf to english class. Let's git it.
                                Last edited by Guitarista; October 10, 2016, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X