Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Hi all,
    Day 4 for me...G glad you are healing up. Guess your car is a standard shift huh? Happy springtime to you> Saw a hummingbird yest, so know they are heading south and will be fall soon (I hope)....haven't had much of a fall or winter here in awhile...too damn hot for my tastes...gonna flop. Was my 1st day on new job and I'm tuckered....b

Comment

Hey Bird. Good to c u and good job on 4 days off the sauce. All the best with the new job.

6 speed 3.2 litre vehicle here. Had a drive today to class/school in traffic with clutch in and out and no probs. Very happy with that. Mobility getting better by the second.

Take it easy out there pilgrims.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi Mr G & everyone hope your all doing well. Need to be on a thread so I hope you don't mind me joining yous friendly ppl . Been wanting to get on this site for a while now but gave up when there was problems . Am here now just have to get use to the new site. It good to be back to check in . This year has been a stressful time from the beginning of the year . My talking therapy has helped me a lot. Had to go on a career break, from my work they just made me feel so ill. Plus my therapy advise me to because I was heading for a breakdown. Am hoping to look for a new job and will be going to college in September big step for me.
        I have been sober Jan 2010 to 2013 had a replase by a flip of a coin, I managed to get to meetings the next day by the help of a good friend and it was not nice to go straight back to where I lift of from one drink is never enough, felt like a nightmare, been sober from July 2013 .I do have my ups & downs but I go through the pain without alcohol. .
        I think I said enough. Glad to be back 😊
        Keep safe everyone
        Catch22 xx
        Last edited by catch22; August 30, 2017, 11:44 AM.
        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Hiya Catch 22. Welcome back my friend. Hang around here as long as you like. It's always a delight to see you. Sounds like you've been through a tough time, but wow, you also seem to be handling it all really well considering the stress! Study sounds like a great plan to me.

Top of the morning all. First day of spring here. New beginnings and all of that. A bee came buzzing in through my window a few days ago announcing that spring has arrived. Noice. All ok here. New ex romance that is no more knocked me around a bit more than expected, but no regrets and i am the better man for it all. Have a great September pilgrims.

Now G force...........Go git it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Happy Spring, G-Man!
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Here's to spring and new beginnings, G!

Comment

HapPy SpRiNg Month everyone can't believe where in sptember
                Mr G just reading back on your post, and just like you said it good to have that friendship, people will come in our lifes and may come back. That head off yours, you have to stop thinking to much Mr G ☺

I was saying on the other thread our much I feel I have changed in myself, and reading back on my thread knowning that I got through some tough times in my life. Went to a meeting today and it always makes me feel grateful living a sober life. Did all my house work my partner said I don't have to do the house work for another month lol. Looking for to having my passion fruit cake tonight. Yummy
                Take care ALL enjoy your weekend & keep safe and strong xxxx
                X catch22 X
                Last edited by catch22; September 1, 2017, 05:06 PM.
                sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Happy spring G. It's always such a beautiful time in Oz and I always feel it's a perfect time for new beginnings.
                  xx
                  There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                  You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Top of the saturday morning to you Catch 22, Glassy, techie, Mr V and pilgrims everywhere!

Speaking of pilgrims, i'm taking off on a road trip in 2 hours heading north up the highway to our nations capital for an historic event. 6.5 hr trip up and i reckon i'll take the long way via the coast home and add an extra stopover somewhere. Back monday. This will be a great meditative experience and no doubt welcome distraction and springboard to new beginnings in many ways. I'll be meeting some fab and interesting people along the way.

Catch, enjoy your passionfruit cake! Happy Spring Classy Glassy!

G force?!.....come 'ere...............Go git it!
                    Last edited by Guitarista; September 1, 2017, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Oooh! An historic event - that sounds pretty spesh.

Have a lovely time and def take your time on your road trip home.
                      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Enjoy your trip Mr G, sounds like a good idea doing the coast drive on the way home. Also have fun meeting lots of interesting people.
                        X Catch22 X

Comment

Good tuesday morning pilgrims.

thanks Catch and Glassy. Glassy, event was 'Clintons walk for justice' check it out on fb. Back sunday night after a short road trip with many kilometres, and many warm highlights. Glad i drove the 1300 k round trip rather than fly. I would've missed so much beautiful country. The sun was shining everywhere i went.

In other news, the woman who gave me the flick texted that she's back home from her holiday and would like to catch up for a cuppa sometime.......(insert confused spinning crazy head) err, i know she wants to remain friends but..........what's going on here?! Have a bewdy out there.

Ok G man.......Let's git it! :llama:
                          Last edited by Guitarista; September 5, 2017, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Oh Mr G. Your lady friend might be confused about her feelings?? Maybe tell her that you are not ready to be casual friends? Don't forget to take care of you. :heartbeat:
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Women what can a say are very confusing :happy2: I had a funny feeling she would be back. Take it slowly don't rush into anything to quick, but am happy for you at the same time.

I had a great day yesterday with the grandkids took them to Sherk Adventure Tour and then after to the Rainforest Restaurant as a treat before they go back to school . Was a big kid myself lol ☺

Hope all is well :hug:

X catch22 X

Comment

Thanks ladies. Yep, i'll take care of me and take anything she says or does with a grain of salt! Not going to even try to work out what she's thinking because really, maybe she just wants to keep the friend connection before i go travelling myself. Anyway, i'm delighted but very cautious and nooooo, i won't overthink it! lol. i'm not banking on anything.

Aside from that, all good here. L8tr g8trs.
                                Last edited by Guitarista; September 5, 2017, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X