G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Emotional warrior! That's the approach i am taking from today. I am looking my emotions right in the face up close, analysing them and pulling them apart with compassion and no judgement. With the help of antabuse, this is my approach from now and through next week when i will be seeing this woman for the first time since we split. I'll have to deal with this without the option of booze. I'm ready, and reckon i'll be fine. I'm already getting my head around it all, with an attitude of gratefulness, love, and letting the universe take care of things, and me. That is all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
      How are you doing bro?
      I am doing great, G-Man. Thank you for asking!
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Great to hear mate.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Top of the morning to you pilgrim.

The feeling's good 'round here. AB popped this morning, so there'll be no running to and hiding in a bottle for the G dawg for the next week at least! this means i have no choice but to deal with any emotions that might come up on monday. I reckon i'm all set though. I am dwelling in acceptance and love towards this woman and the situation/my heart. Love, acceptance, letting it all go, and letting what will be, be. I'm feeling confident and am actually looking forward to seeing her. This might be some kind of sick longing for a sign that she's still interested in me, and i suspect there sure is a little of that, but reality and logic are keeping such thoughts reigned in and settled so i'm not getting carried away with maybe's and what if's and speculation about the future or things i cannot control. All i can control is me, and what i think and how i feel. i know the score and i'm not pining away in the hope that she reconsiders. My overall attitude is that it was a great time and i put in a top performance as myself. That's all i can do, and all i can be. I will continue like this, showing up for myself as my best self. Yes, i know it's obvious i sure like this bird, and i do. But i accept the reality of the situation with love and gratitude. The earlier thoughts of wishing and wanting have diminished hugely. Acceptance, gratitude, respect for self and her, acknowledgement of situation, love. This how i feel today. I know I'm waffling but i reckon better out than in.

The AF days are piling up. Sadhana done and dusted.

Have a ripper out there.

Comment

5:50 a.m. sunday morning. I'm bright as a button. Good morning pilgrim.

Sadhana done. It's an interesting week ahead for the young man from the south. Roll yer eyes now folks, coz here comes more waffle about this chick. Airing my thoughts and getting it out at the moment i reckon is helpful in getting me to understand how to move forward. I was moving forward until this weeks work roster has thrown us together on the same day!

What's my perception of the situation? What is the message my emotions are telling me? What action will i take? I reckon this is a gift (our time together). She released me and let me go because she wasn't sure of what she wanted at that time weeks ago. It was the right thing to do. She didn't want to mess me around by keeping me hanging onto to something that was uncertain and undecided. Her feelings at the time. What an honourable thing for her to do, to let me go. Yes, i felt loss and disappointment at the time, but the time spent with her has no doubt been a gift and very special. She reminded me of a few things i had forgotten about, such as simply the zest for living and the joy of participation and involving myself in new things. This is my perception of her and our time together. It has been a gift. What action will i take? I will go for what i love to do with a vengeance. With love, an open heart and mind, and no fear. It has already began with 32 days of no booze, so i am off and running. I know my path.

The kryptonite has left me. A strong warrior has emerged. Onwards to infinity and beyond pilgrims. Band jam today! Take it easy out there and get some self loving in. K? K.

Okay G man..........go and fkn git it!
            Last edited by Guitarista; September 30, 2017, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Top of the monday morning from the beach pad.

Had a nice run on the beach yesterday then a refreshing enlivening dip into the cold bay. Always feels good afterwards. yeah! Well, i'm about to spend the day working with the woman i had a recent fling with.....she who called it off and told me she has met another fella and hopes i won't hear any office gossip from other staff (insert emoticon of spinning crazy head). I can't worry about any of that, and i won't. I'm going in there today on the front foot. Not combative so much, but i need to have my self worth right up there to protect me from any gossip or thoughts i might hear or have. What if someone asks her about her new guy who is a pilot, a doctor, a professor who cage fights in his spare time and volunteers with mother Teresa's program in India? lol. Well, that would be my ego and self worth level bruised if i worried about any such stuff. I am going in there today knowing and reminding myself of who I AM and what i do, have done, and what i stand for. I can only be who i am and i'm happy to say that aside from my past booze issues, i am happy with who i am and what i have achieved, and achieve on a daily basis. I suppose that's all just male ego talking, i don't know or care. Above all, i am grateful for the experience with her and i wish her and any future romance she has all the very best. I go in today with an attitude of gratefulness, and love. I will laugh and have a good time and do my work as best i can as usual, and just be me. i can't control what others think or do, but i can look after what i think and do. I'm also looking pretty fit and good at 33 days off the sauce, shiny hair, eyes, toned, so i'm quietly hoping (male ego vanity again!) she'll think.....hmmm, that Gman's still a hottie. haha (even though i know that she's moved on).

Take care out there. Ooroo.
              Last edited by Guitarista; October 1, 2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

With you in spirit, G. But honestly you sound like you've got this!!!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks Dill. I misread the damn roster. not there today. She's working with me wednesday, not today. it was a little difficult being at work i must say, but it was cool. Anyway, after wednesday, looks like we don't cross paths at work again for another month at least which i think is a good thing for me. L8tr g8trs.

Comment

Morning from the beach pad. Emotionally, i'm feeling a little fragile, but i know that's just from my thoughts and what i've been focusing on. I'm working on turning my focus to what i want and some great projects i'm involved in and working on. AND......to not take things tooooo seriously. Gonna have a laugh at work today. L8tr g8trs.

Comment

Mr G
                      Even if the new man claims to be any or all of those things, remember that is what he does, not who he is. None of that makes his worth any greater than yours.

You are an amazing musician who is always unfailingly supportive and helpful to everyone here, even to strangers and when you're struggling yourself. You're an all 'round good bloke and you need never compare yourself unfavourably to anyone! :hug: :heartbeat:
                      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                        What if someone asks her about her new guy who is a pilot, a doctor, a professor who cage fights in his spare time and volunteers with mother Teresa's program in India?
                        Hey Mr. G!!

Any woman worthy of a man like you doesn't give a fat rat's clacker (quoting Tawnyfrog) about what work a man does. As long as he's clean, polite and treats her like a princess, she doesn't care what he does. It's how he makes her feel that counts. And from what I've read over ALL these years that we have been on this forum, you are a helluva catch and any woman would be luck to be by your side, my friend. You have shown repeatedly over the years what a kind, thoughtful man you are and you're not bad on they eyes either. You know your own worth and any woman who can't get past what you do for a living is not worthy of being your lady. Take those thoughts with you to work tomorrow - head high and a smile on your face. Rock it, Mr. G !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by stirly-girly; October 3, 2017, 02:54 AM.
                        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

You go get 'em, G-man! You are doing such a great job working through all the different emotions coming up and out/turning your focus toward what is important for your growth. Super proud of you and will be thinking of you tomorrow.
                          p.s. you know this.. but a reminder that when it all gets overwhelming, bring it back to the present moment.. THIS very moment is something we all can handle. xx
                          Last edited by lifechange; October 3, 2017, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Ah shucks! Thank you Classy Glassy :heartbeat: Stirly whirly :heartbeat: LC :heartbeat: Rusty, here's one for you too :heartbeat:

I posted about the day in the nest, but it went well, and the vibe was warm between us. No BS. She was a little sheepish and awkward at the beginning.....cute. Anyway, i admit i am leaving the door of luuuurve slightly ajar for her. This may be crazy, and i'm not banking on her changing her mind, just something tells me not to completely delete her just yet! Still, i'm smart enough to know that i can't control things, and so i hand it all over to the universe so whatever will be will be. I also know my approach must be one of acceptance that she has moved on, and i'm good with that. I bid her a warm fond farewell and send her on her way with best wishes and love (with the door left slightly ajar! insert crazy spinning head!) Call me a crazy mofo! Anyway, aside from a short time seeing her this arvo during shift changeover, i won't see her for at least a month so this'll give me time to settle and get my head around things and on track with other stuff, and as u say LC, in the present. The present is a gift after all. But i think the truth of the matter is this - she's 36 and wants kids (me too). I'm 55 +. She told me she's never been treated so damn well, i make her feel good, and our short time together was a thrill. I totally understand and get where she's coming from. Why invest her life in an older guy to live long be around for kids etc. when she could find someone closer her age - my assumption here - (i'm fitter than I've ever been and plan to live long lol but i get and respect her perspective if this is what she's thinking). i think this is the crux of the matter, and i get it and understand it. It's ok, just me who has to make the adjustment and i am slowly.

Doing real good here on the AF front. Feeling strong and energy flowing. Thanks again everyone. Love you all and appreciate your generous supportive words.
                            Last edited by Guitarista; October 4, 2017, 03:11 PM.

Comment

So happy for you, Mr. G!:sohappy: Yup, you were smart in playing it cool...but you ARE cool and you are NOT needy...and I am sure she found that VERY sexy. She's probably shaking her head and thinking, "now why in the hell did I break up with that guy???" :happy2:

Comment

Thanks Rusty. Maybe she is shaking her head.....haha. Either way, i respect her and fully support her decisions even if i don't like 'em!

Yo! W'dup? Top of the saturday morning to you pilgrims. A week of work already under my belt, and now a working weekend. The young fella has pulled up fairly well, though my brain went to mush halfway through the week! In the swing of it now i reckon. I won't be crossing paths with my ex romance at work for at least a month, so a good opportunity for me to get stronger in this area and move forward without the lingering distraction of me little heartstrings being tugged. It sure was real nice to see her again though. Door left slightly ajar for her, but i am moving on with no expectations.

Looking forward to work today. I'm blitzing it on the AF front. L8tr g8trs.

Comment

Working...
                                X