G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Hello valued pilgrims from near and not so far!

'Tis saturday morning here. Not much sleep as i must be still a little wired from last nights brill gig. A great local pro photographer took about 200 + pics of us and handed me the usb stick saying here you go. Sheesh, that would've cost a band a bit to hire such an artiste. I bought him his drink of choice and reckon we'll have to sling him some sort of gift, a book or something. Noice. Not often you like a pic of yourself, but he made me look bloody good somehow. The lighting no doubt.

Today the feeling is grand, as tributes flow in from all over the world for our brill gig last night. :welldone: It's actually just real good to get out and about. A gig is often my social night out too. No boozing for this pilgrim on the pilgrimage today, and very happily so. rehearsing with another band i sometimes play with sunday, which also doubles as a nice social event. Take care of yourself.

Let's fkn git it padre.
    Last edited by Guitarista; October 27, 2017, 05:42 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hey Gman 😀

Quick shout in before I lay down my weary head.

Great to hear you're still gigging and that last nights went so well. Brilliant. Good job on the no boozing too! You're a 'superstar'

Nighters kind man x

Comment

Glad to hear you tore it up, G. Onward!

Comment

Thanks Sweetpea! Great to see you again. Have a ripper weekend pretty lady.

Mr V. With ACV and a little egg white in my hair, i see that anything's possible!

Top of the sunday morning to you reader. It day.......................60. Yes, 60 days straight of sober living. the feeling's real good and i'm motivated at my core to keep it going. I haven't been relying on the AB med so much, although i'm keeping it in the mix as a back up for now. What's carrying me along mostly is my actual desire to live sober and get some cool things done with my life. My recent abandoned romance is a big motivator here, as i want to make sure i'm kicking ass in my life in case she walks back in. Now that may sound silly, unrealistic and obsessive, but i understand all that and i'm going with it to use as a strong motivating tool. Hanging out with her and being thrust into life at the time was a great reminder that i really will have more fun being myself and living sober. Don't worry, i'm not hanging for her to come back, i'm more of the realisation that whatever will be will be, let it go, and just live your life G man. I have no control over what will be. But it is a little motivator that i'm happy to identify and use to my advantage in my AF pursuit.

Ok, day fkn 60. Sadhana done, off for a gentle run and swim down the beach. Rehearsal and lunch with another band i'm in today, doubling as a social event.

Let's git it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

I thought I told you not to rinse in warm water, G! So gladd you are out there! Living the life. Grabbing hold of whatever motivates you and gettin' it done!:sohappy:
            Last edited by dill; October 28, 2017, 09:55 PM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I don't know a lot about love, but I do know happy and confident people are attractive people!

Comment

Yes Mr V. Some self confidence and inner happiness can't help but shine through.

It's day (*&^%^&*^%$#!! Holy hash cookies! The feeling's good. Saw my mate with the music store yesterday and we've gone ahead with my list of equipment to see what kind of deal i can get. So that's off and running. Should have some prices today or tomorrow. Either way i'm going ahead with some purchases later this week, but i def will buy some gear (if not all) through him for his efforts.

Chatting with a good looking lady on farce book last night. Result of a gf of mine doing a little matchmaking lol. See where she's at later this week. Phone chat next if she's still interested. Then if we hit it off, i'll jump on a plane to meet her, which doubles as a good excuse to also visit my female friend who i haven't seen in years, plus might as well throw in a gig while i'm there.

The day and road ahead is wide open. Big, bright, clear, full of wonder and possibility and a little dusty. Like my mind and heart.

Have a ripper out there. Let's git it!

Comment

Top of the wednesday morning to you pilgrim from the beach pad.

Jumpin' Jehosaphets! It must be day @#$%!! And the feeling is gooooood. Haven't followed up on the bird mentioned above on FB chat. She's probably alright, but i suspect a bit of a princess. Nothing wrong with that, just not my scene at the moment! lol.

On a related front, i'm working today with my recent ex romantic interest. Gaaawd! This will be interesting. Yes, me little ol heart may skip a beat here and there today, but it'll be ok. I'll be pretty busy with the work anyway. Either way, i'm feeling good, looking good, and i'll just be my best self today and leave everyone in my blazing trail of loving fire, awesomeness, and dust. :llama:

Comment

Belated Congrats on your 60 days!

Comment

Thanks Sky!

Some old school AA speakers.

Last edited by Guitarista; November 1, 2017, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Wow! That is a great recording. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

It's a beauty isn't it Sky? No nonsense logic. There are a heap more on that you tube channel which i must listen to.

Top of the thursday morning to ya wandering pilgrim!

Am i feeling good? Yep, i can report a big affirmative to that. Roger! Got a family emergency to attend to today. My aunty's been in hospital surgery overnight after a standard operation went wrong. Sheesh! My mum's distressed as she's her sister, so we'll go in this morning and see where she's at. Could be serious, but hopefully no complications with surgery. Good thing i'm sober. It would've been ultra painful going in today with a hangover and not fully present, wishing i could get the hell outta there and hit the booze in peace again! In peace you say G man? No, you mean.....in isolation. You mean.....disconnected. Disenchanted, disenfranchised, dishonouring your life and time on this earth. Disrespecting self and mission statement and reason for being. Dis..........aster!

Aside from this, i'm great! Day @#$%^!!

Go and git it.

Comment

Hey G man x

Hope things ok with your Aunty? So good you can be there for your Mum and her. Be proud man x

Love those last few lines in your post re. Isolation, disconnection,dishonouring and disrespecting yourself=disaster. Those words right there are SPEAKING to me this morn,

Thank you x

Comment

Yo Sweetpea. Thanks. My aunty is stable, so better than what she was. Nurses and docs are happy with how emergency surgery went overnight. Saw her today briefly. Just needs rest. She's a fit country woman so that probably helps. Thanks for asking. Have a great day good buddy. :happy2:

Comment

Yo! W'dup Homies.

Day @#$%^! but who's countin'.

The feeling's gooooood here. Why? Very very simple answer and reason. Because i have not consumed any poison such as booze for over 60 days. Simple equation that i experience time and time again. Straightforward and easy to understand. Simple logical connection between feeling really good, and not boozing/living sober 24/7.

Edit: I've been flooded, no, bombarded with PM's here and on social media the last 5 minutes wanting to know if i'd done my Sadhana. Thanks everyone. The answer is a resounding and big fat YES! Yep, have taken care of my self this morning first thing as usual. 6 minute breathing/Meditation and speed yoga (sun salutations). Breath of fire on hold until nose and head unblocks from recent mini flu.

Now stop fkin around and Go git it!
                                Last edited by Guitarista; November 2, 2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X