• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Hope the run went well G-man. I not sure I could even walk 15k, lol

Comment

Good run thanks Mr V.

“When we were using, our lives became an exercise in survival. Now we are doing much more living than surviving.”

Basic Text, p. 52

––––=––––

“I’d be better off dead!” A familiar refrain to a practicing addict, and with good reason. All we had to look forward to was more of the same miserable existence. Our hold on life was weak at best. Our emotional decay, our spiritual demise, and the crushing awareness that nothing would ever change were constants. We had little hope and no concept of the life we were missing out on.

The resurrection of our emotions, our spirits, and our physical health takes time. The more experience we gain in living, rather than merely existing, the more we understand how precious and delightful life can be. Traveling, playing with a small child, making love, expanding our intellectual horizons, and forming relationships are among the endless activities that say, “I’m alive.” We discover so much to cherish and feel grateful to have a second chance.

If we had died in active addiction, we would have been bitterly deprived of so many of life’s joys. Each day we thank a Power greater than ourselves for another day clean and another day of life.

––––=––––

Just for today: I am grateful to be alive. I will do something today to celebrate.

Copyright © 1991-2017 by Narcotics Anonymous World Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Top of the morning pilgrim.

An amazing sunny 35C day yesterday, so i took the opportunity for a nice easy run through big green parks and sports grounds and barefoot on the sand followed by a swim in the bay, saying hello to the critters. Beautiful! A little cooler and around 30c forecast today. Noice. Visiting family today and hopefully squeeze in a friend too, so a day on the road around town. Sadhana done and dusted including breath of fire! Oh yeah baby. A few things to git done this week, including finishing a damn album, and sorting out some musical gear to buy. Cruising along nicely and the AF foundations feel strong solid and committed. It must be day @#$%!! but who's countin'?

Throw some self loving in today. Let's git it G fella!
        Last edited by Guitarista; November 14, 2017, 03:02 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Top of the thursday morning pilgrims!

A cooler day forecast ahead, around 20C and a little grizzly and drizzly outside, but the sun's a shinin' in my lil heart. Life is so full of possibilities. We have to find some hope to see it. One way to find hope is to get out of our own head. Get out that front door and go for a walk, with eyes and senses open. A day on the road around town seeing family and friends, hopefully sorting out some music gear stuff.

Go git it pilgrim!

Comment

Great to read back a bit here, G-man!! You're sounding well.. how nice that you're having Summer! I'd give quite a lot right now to have a swim in the ocean.. big hugs to you!

Comment

Big hugs right back at ya Elsie! I sure am loving and reli, i say relishing the fact that this is the last month of spring, and summer's on its way. A few sunny 29c days forecast ahead. In work today i am to be sure he is. Good thing i like the job and the crew there. Visited my aunty in hospital yesterday. She's a little better physically, but mum said she's been feeling a bit depressed and negative, and who can blame her being hooked up to a damn drip and confined to a hospital bed the last 2 weeks. She reckons she should be able to go for her first walks today, so hopefully that'll brighten her up and help her see the path to recovery and home. Got her a couple of books. One is 'The art of living' by Thích Nhất Hạnh, the other a fat compilation of stories by an accomplished Aussie female author around my aunty's age called Helen Garner. Hope she likes 'em.

Oh. Em. Gee. Pigrims! Holy Laughin' Lutherians in latex! it's day fkn 80!

Have a gr8 weekend. Let's git it.

Comment

Top of the sunday morning to ya pilgrims on the pilgrimage.

It's day (*&^%!! but that don't phase me none. All i have is today. I don't know if tomorrow is coming. In fact, tomorrow never comes does it? Where is tomorrow? Tomorrow? Tomorrow..........? r u there? Nope, there's no sign of no cotton pickin' tomorrow. For some reason, I can only see today. That's good enough for me ref.

Well, the weekend gossip columns are hot with the news i got a gorgeous woman's number yesterday. I've fancied her for awhile, and she gave me her number - unprovoked by me lol. The platform/excuse for our exchange was that old chestnut music. It's often a handy convo to have with someone i fancy because if she's interested in hearing the band, then a sort of date by default is possible. heh! I don't bump into her often (work colleague) so finally found that window of opportunity i've been looking for. Anyway, her last words in text were 'keep in touch'. We'll see if anything happens, but the door sure looks open. She's hot and a decent caring human being. Cool combo! Better git another gig now pronto!

Hope the weekend's going good out there. In work today, and a busy week ahead with some training for work mon/tues and a couple of days extra work later in week.

Look at my sober life eh?! Chicks, a band, plenty of work, romantic opportunities, education opportunities......what am i gonna complain about? Nuthin! All because i'm not boozing. Word right there holmes.
                Last edited by Guitarista; November 18, 2017, 03:02 PM.

Comment

In fact, tomorrow never comes does it?
                  Nope, it doesn't. It is always, and can always only be, "now". Learn from the past, plan loosely for the future, and enjoy the now is what I'm trying to do these days, Mr G, and it sounds like that's what you're doing, too. It also sounds like you're taking good care of yourself, as you deserve :hug:. NS

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                    Nope, it doesn't. It is always, and can always only be, "now". Learn from the past, plan loosely for the future, and enjoy the now is what I'm trying to do these days, Mr G, and it sounds like that's what you're doing, too. It also sounds like you're taking good care of yourself, as you deserve :hug:. NS
                    Thanks sister. Right on. Hope you had a nice weekend and wishing you an absolute ripper of a week ahead. :heartbeat:

Top of the monday morning to all pilgrims on or slightly off the trail to personal salvation.

Got some training for work today and tomorrow. More yawning in a stuffy classroom environment! But most of the info i'm at least interested in, and they wisely throw in some tasty sandwiches in the breaks to help keep me there. Then a couple of working days later in week. Been trying to finish my bands album last 2 weeks, but it's been hard being busy with stuff. Day off wednesday should be an opportunity unless something comes up. I need to finish it because i know that if my music is on hold, then my internal balance starts to get out of whack and i become frustrated, so i reckon i'll have to be ruthless in my time allocation and just finish the thing and get it rolling. Yeah, that's what i'll do.

Day *&^%$)(!! and the feeling's grand.

Go git it friend.

Comment

Day *&^%$)(!! and the feeling's grand.
                      :yay:
                      Plus you got another woman swooning at your feet. Life is good.
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Not sure if she's exactly swooning just yet Nora lol, but she's interested in seeing my band, so that's some kind of start. I suppose i'll know more then. :love:

Hope you're okay there. :hug:

Comment

Better play well G!

Comment

Yep Jude, i'll just bring my best me and it'll work out one way or another. :happy2:

The best of the best of good wednesday mornings to you pilgrims on the pilgrimage, from the beach pad. A warm sunny day here, forecast around 31c. Sadhana done and dusted. No paid work responsibilities today, so free to make music. Gonna try to finish off my bands album. But first, some breakfast then gym, run swim at beach, which is part of my daily focus/keep it together G man plan.

Day #$%^&!! Jumpin' jehosaphats!

Let's git it.

Comment

That day sounds like yer livin the dream Mr G!
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Yep, i sure can't complain Mr. KT. Hope you're good there mate. I rang the bird who gave me her number on the weekend, who now tells me she's seeing someone but would still like to see my band. :nutso::nutso: What the hell's going on here?! Sheesh, I dunno. A bloke can only take so much bedazzlement!

Foundations -

“As we begin to function in society, our creative freedom helps us sort our priorities and do the basic things first.”

Basic Text, p. 86

––––=––––

No sooner do we get clean than some of us begin putting other priorities ahead of our recovery. Careers, families, relationships—all these are part of the life we find once we’ve laid the foundation of our recovery. But we can’t build a stable life for ourselves before we do the hard, basic work of laying our recovery foundation. Like a house built on sand, such a life will be shaky, at best.

Before we begin putting all our attention to rebuilding the detailed framework of our lives, we need to lay our foundation. We acknowledge, first, that we don’t yet have a foundation, that our addiction has made our lives utterly unmanageable. Then, with the help of our sponsor and our home group, we find faith in a Power strong enough to help us prepare the ground of our new lives. We clear the wreckage from the site upon which we will build our future. Finally, we develop a deep, working familiarity with the principles we will practice in our continuing affairs: honest self-examination, reliance upon our Higher Power’s guidance and strength, and service to others.

Once our foundation is prepared, then we can go full steam ahead to put our new lives together. But first we must ask ourselves if our foundation is secure, for without our foundation, nothing we build can stand for long.

––––=––––

Just for today: I will take care to lay a secure foundation for my recovery. Upon such a foundation, I can build for a lifetime in recovery.

Copyright © 1991-2017 by Narcotics Anonymous World Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved
                                Last edited by Guitarista; November 22, 2017, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X