Comment

Re: G man the comeback!

Awesome, Dude!! So very happy for you and with you!:happy2:

Comment

Congrats Mr.G!!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks my treasured friends! Wishing you all a safe, sober, magical and fab weekend.

Day 101 here on this saturday morning in Oz. But i'm still flogging some mileage outta my 100 days over on roll call via the time difference. It's still the 8th dec in some parts. :victorious:

The feeling's good here at the beach pad. Annual dinner with my band last night was cool and special as always. They're good fella's and i'm lucky to play with them. They just always say YES, to my crazy riffs and ideas i bring to the table. Makes it so easy, and i think they just like to play and aren't too fussed generally. We are hitting the road with much more live gig activity next year. The new album is being mastered and should be ready by monday. Then we upload to iTunes etc. plus we're pressing some CD's. Wait just a cotton pickin' damn minute G man......what about the art work? Oh yeah, better get onto that.

Sadhana done, time for an easy run and a few pushups/ chin ups down the beach. then meeting a friend for a cuppa in town where i wanna catch an Indigenous art expo, also an African music/culture day in the city centre. Should be chicks. L8tr g8trs.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Top of the sunday morning to you pilgrims,

The feeling's calm, relaxed and quietly energised here. My bands mastered album (final audio polishing up process before release to public) arrived last night and it sounds damn good to me. The fella we hired has done a great job at a good price. Plus, i spent saturday night setting up mobile recording studio software and unboxing and connecting various bits of gear. It all seems to be running properly on first start up. Not as big a headache as i was expecting, though i still need to put the gear through its paces. That will reveal any chinks in the armour. A nice arvo spent at a little music festival yesterday with an old friend, and a jam session with another band today. The weekend is packed with stuff i love to do and people i like to be around. Compare this to if i was drinking. I'd be sitting alone with none of this just getting numb and feeling sad and sorry for myself as i dwelt on how the world doesn't understand or give a fk about me.........I was going to put a laughing icon here, but really, it is sad.

Have a bewdy out there and kick some sweet ass in ur own way K? K. Go git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Day 102! Edit: It's day 103 doodyhead! Let's git it pilgrim.

'The Guest House'

This being human is a guest house.
              Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
              some momentary awareness comes
              As an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
              Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
              who violently sweep your house
              empty of its furniture,
              still treat each guest honorably.
              He may be clearing you out
              for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
              meet them at the door laughing,
              and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes,
              because each has been sent
              as a guide from beyond.
              —Jalal al-Din Rumi
              Last edited by Guitarista; December 11, 2017, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Top of the morning pilgrim.

Must be day 104 but who's countin'? In work later today. Picked up some more music gear for my little project yesterday, so i've got all i need to git started. Just have to learn the software a bit more and we're off and running. Oh yeah! Wit the new album coming out and all this new gear, i seem to be running out of money! Oh dear. Looks like i'll be putting me hand up for more work next few weeks. :victorious:

Take it easy out there. Let's git it.

Comment

G- so good to hear you are at 104! You can do this- you ARE doing this! The future is brighter and brighter for you- I'm a little ahead of you there. Been beer/pills free for almost three years, and low carb for about a year now. Back to normal blood sugar, have TWICE the energy, and dropped 45 pounds of beer/carb weight effortlessly. Life is so good! Who knew substances are for losers, good health is for winners! I didn't get that memo 'til I was almost 60! Had it all backwards! Congrats G on continuing great stuff!

Comment

Thanks Lex! Great to see you my friend. So good to hear you got that memo and are kicking some arse.

Comment

Good to hear from ya, Lex! Got to get of that low carb thing myself.

Comment

Top of the wednesday morning to you valued reader.

It's gonna be a warm one here today as summer finally kicks in. 36C forecast. I'll def enjoy a frolic in the bay with all of my critter friends later. Day 105 and damn good to be alive. Sadhana done as usual. Whatever will be will be. I can't control outside forces. But i can control how i react and what i do. I can determine what i do today. I can determine how i feel mostly. Into the mystical day, and onward to treasures and magic.
                        Last edited by Guitarista; December 12, 2017, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Top of the thursday morning to ya pilgrims.

Day 106 but who, i say who's countin'? I've put a community page up on fb for the mobile recording/jamming project, so at least there's an 'anchor' or home base somewhere for people to contact or read about it. I'm not worried or have any angst about how or where i'm going to kick this thing off. I'm just gonna get out there and start, with whoever, wherever and build from there. Keep it simple. These sessions def have a mental health focus. Reckon i'll start every session with some slow deep breathing to relax everyone and bring everyone together. Not rainbows and unicorns, just so we begin from a practical and harmonious place. The sessions will be informal and i will be encouraging lot's of talking and sharing of strategies for good mental health. I have interest from an org that works with refugees, so looking forward to seeing where that goes next month. First step though is continuing to learn how to operate this spaceship before i trot it out. Ya gotta love this life. We're here just once as far as i know. So be brave and go git it. There is no time or room for fear. Yeehaw! :llama:

Hope y'all are having a beaut week. Remember, throw in some self care today K? K.

'Walking meditation is a simple way to connect with your spirit and mother earth in a very grounded way.
                          Many of us take the benefits of walking for granted. Each day we limit the steps we take by driving or sitting for long periods of time. But walking even a few blocks a day has unlimited benefits – not only for our health, but our spirit as well, for as we walk, we connect with the earth.

Even when walking on concrete, the earth is still beneath us, supporting us. Walking lets our body remember simpler times, when life was less complicated. This helps us slow down to the speed of our body and take the time to integrate the natural flow of life into our cellular tissue. Instead of running from place to place or thinking about how much more we can fit into our day, walking allows us to exist in the moment.

Each step we take can lead us to becoming more mindful of ourselves and our feelings. Walking slows us down enough not only to pay attention to where we are in our body, but also to our breath. Taking time to simply notice our breath while we walk, through the length of our inhales and exhales, and becoming attuned to the way in which we breathe is taking a step towards mindfulness. When we become more mindful, we gradually increase our awareness of the environment around us and start to recognize that the normal flow of our thoughts and feelings are not always related to where we are in the present moment. Gradually we realize that the connection we have with the earth and the ground beneath our feet is all that is. By walking and practicing breathing mindfully we gain a sense of calm and tranquility -- the problems and troubles of the day slowly fade away because we are in the 'now'.

The simplicity and ease of a walking practice allows us to create time, space and awareness of our surroundings and of the wonders that lie within. Taking a few moments to walk each day and become more aware of our breath will in turn open the door for the beauty of the world around us to filter in.'

BY MADISYN TAYLOR
                          Last edited by Guitarista; December 13, 2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Good morning pilgrim.

Must be day 107 but i never been one fo' countin' ma chickens before they hatch mothafkr.

A bonza sunny morning here. 26C forecast. Sadhana done of course. Today after a workout, it'll be a geetar workout to come up with a new tune. Write, record, release in one day. In other news, my band's album is finished sound wise, and last night i lined up a gr8 photographer who's agreed to do our album cover artwork. Most likely release it in January with a gig launch. No use or time for drinking. I don't need it.

L8tr g8trs.

Comment

That all sounds great, G! 'specially the completed album! Amazing what we can do when we free ourselves from our self-imposed slavery! Proud of you! You have talent and you aren't wasting it!:welldone:
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

you've got some great stuff going on now, G! keep it up. Love the thoughts on walking as well. So simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X