G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Thanks Ms Dill and Mr V. Hope you're having a beaut weekend my friends.

Top of the saturday morning from the beach pad. Made some music last night, as in wrote performed and recorded a little geetar tune. Nothing flash, just to keep me sane! Good fun.

In work today. The feeling's good over here. Hope and optimism abound. Looking goooood, feeling gooood. When you hit triple digits, everything really can switch up a gear if i let it, and i am letting it and going with it. Noice! Take it easy out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good monday morning from the beach pad.

Day 110 but who, i say who's countin'? In work today and that's ok cause i like the work. After today, the week off till work again friday, so some time this week for making music and maybe chasing a few chicks if i'm lucky. I reckon i'd better git this settling down with someone lark underway somehow. heh!

Sadhana done, which is becoming a real little anchor first thing every morning. Take it easy and throw in some self care k? k.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Good tuesrday morning from the beach pad. Hot and windy forecast here today. Better strap on the toupee real good like, in case there's chicks.

Day 111 but i never been one for countin'. 111, does that mean there's angels flying around trying to say something to me, like when you see numbers like 222, 555, 333 on a clock etc? Well i'm no multitasker so suppose i'll never know. But i can play a guitar like ringing a bell so i'll keep doing that.

Making a little music today, working on some other projects. Cruising along not taking on toooooo much. Gym and swim soon. L8tr g8trs.

Comment

So happy you’re rockin it G-Man. Life loves you. Merry Christmas!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks bro! merry xmas to you and family too mate. Hope things are good there.

Comment

Top of the thursday morning to ya pilgrims.

must be day 113 but i never been one for countin'. take it easy out there.

Comment

Hi Mr. G, those numbers are looking really good. Just wanted to pop in and say hi.
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Me, too, G! Just stopping in to say hi!
                  Wishing you a happy Thursday.. 113 days is awesome!

Comment

Hi SK! How are ya? Hi Elsie! Hope you're enjoying your holidays.

Yo, w'dup? Top of the friday morning to y'all. Messing around with recording gear yesterday. Some scratching of the head, but good fun.

I'm not necessarily a 12 stepper, but do value them. They're mentioned in the following extract from NA text about change. take what u need and leave the rest.

“Freedom to change seems to come after acceptance of ourselves.”

Basic Text, p. 58

––––=––––

'Fear and denial are the opposites of acceptance. None of us are perfect, even in our own eyes; all of us have certain traits that, given the chance, we would like to change. We sometimes become overwhelmed when contemplating how far short we fall of our ideals, so overwhelmed that we fear there’s no chance of becoming the people we’d like to be. That’s when our defense mechanism of denial kicks in, taking us to the opposite extreme: nothing about ourselves needs changing, we tell ourselves, so why worry? Neither extreme gives us the freedom to change.

Whether we are long-time NA members or new to recovery, the freedom to change is acquired by working the Twelve Steps. When we admit our powerlessness and the unmanageability of our lives, we counteract the lie that says we don’t have to change. In coming to believe that a Power greater than we are can help us, we lose our fear that we are damaged beyond repair; we come to believe we can change. We turn ourselves over to the care of the God of our understanding and tap the strength we need to make a thorough, honest examination of ourselves. We admit to God, to ourselves, and to another human being what we’ve found. We accept the good and the bad in ourselves; with this acceptance, we become free to change.'

––––=––––

Just for today: I want to change. By working the steps, I will counter fear and denial and find the acceptance needed to change.

Copyright © 1991-2017 by Narcotics Anonymous World Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved
                    Last edited by Guitarista; December 21, 2017, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hey Mr G, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Although I dont post much, I have been following your progress and am so proud of you. I wish you all the very best for 2018

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                          Thanks ABC. Merry xmas to you and family mate.

Originally posted by starty View Post
                          Hey Mr G, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Although I dont post much, I have been following your progress and am so proud of you. I wish you all the very best for 2018
                          Yo Starty! How are u? Thanks heaps good buddy for ur kind words. I see less and less reasons to turn back. Hope you're good. Merry xmas to you and family. :love:

Comment

Good wednesday morning from the beach pad.

day 119 but who, i say who's counting? Jesu christu, 4 months tomorrow! Next target is 6 months, then my plan is........i'm in for the long haul. Working today, so it will be a busy one. Looking good, feeling gooooood (i note with amusement my priorities).

Let's git it pilgrim!

Comment

It's friday morning here. Hola friend traveller.

4 months off the sauce yesterday. Must be day 121 but who, i say who's countin? Next stop, 180 days/6 months. only another 60 days, one day at a time. No stopping till Brooklyn! For me i'm seeing how important it is to constantly keep aware of the big picture that is life on this planet. Perspective can be very freeing. As long as i don't get caught up in a micro world of negative small thinking, i'll be very ok. Hope remains a key factor to my continuing sobriety. Hope as in a plan. Some sort of vision for me and the future. Some gr8 projects underway, and lots to be excited about. I'm throwing myself out there into the unknown without fear or hesitation. Into life. In a couple of months, i will travel to places with just a guitar and a simple plan, and no doubt having to create something and think on my feet. I'm up for that adventure big time. If i die in the process lol, that's cool as i'm doing what i love. Hence, no fear, just do or do not. My sobriety is the anchor and foundation to shine.

Take it easy out there.

Comment

Hi, G

Congratulations on your 4 months! A big milestone.

Here's a pep talk from Pav - sometimes it gets a little dicey once the fresh glow of the new quit has dimmed and the long haul sets in. I had many a pity party between 3.5 and 9 months. Why me? Is this all? The good news is that those feelings fade with each day sober. I know you are in a position to make this your LAFQ (last and final quit), and I know you have it in you. Reach out to us, to yourself, to another friend, when you need it. Practice self care, and keep that attitude of gratitude.

You got this, my friend. Ask for help if you need it.

xo
                                Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X