Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
    Yoga is amazing really, in it's depth of reach. Part of it is designed to unlock trauma and emotional blocks we apparently can keep stored and locked in our physical body, and some yoga moves will target this and help release it. Very interesting.
    Yo Mr G. Is that any kind of yoga, or is it a specific form of yoga that is designed to unlock emotional blocks? I did Iyengar yoga a few years back but not done any since, looking to see if I can get back into it - even if just once a week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by RunningCourage View Post
      Yo Mr G. Is that any kind of yoga, or is it a specific form of yoga that is designed to unlock emotional blocks? I did Iyengar yoga a few years back but not done any since, looking to see if I can get back into it - even if just once a week or so.
      Yo RC. I don't know what specific moves or/if a particular Yoga style addresses this stuff. I've just heard it said by a yoga instructor who runs a class at a place i work at. I dont see him often, but will ask when i do. I dont remember what style yoga he teaches, but his yoga class looks to me like basic moves for beginners. I've done his class a couple of times and he's mentioned casually that yoga moves can help shift emotional blocks stored in our body, but he didn't say what moves if any. I took it to mean yoga in general can do this. Worth researching. I do the basic 'Sun salutations' yoga set every morning. Plenty of free yoga on you tube. Hope you're good there mate.
      Last edited by Guitarista; January 21, 2018, 04:51 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I have started doing yoga most mornings. I go on youtube and follow this one. YouTube which is very good.

Comment

Thanks Stirly and Mr G. I think connectedness is definitely one of the keys to success. I am the first one to disappear off the planet if I am not following a plan. It really only works if you work it Yes I definitely do prefer living clean however I do find the sometimes depression hard to deal with and look for a quick fix to make it all go away. But as we know that does not work and once you start one thing (pills) the booze quickly follows. The things I am doing now to help is yoga, journalling and trying so very hard to not be so hard on myself. I have kind of lost a bit of faith in what I can achieve long term

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
            Yo RC. I don't know what specific moves or/if a particular Yoga style addresses this stuff. I've just heard it said by a yoga instructor who runs a class at a place i work at. I dont see him often, but will ask when i do. I dont remember what style yoga he teaches, but his yoga class looks to me like basic moves for beginners. I've done his class a couple of times and he's mentioned casually that yoga moves can help shift emotional blocks stored in our body, but he didn't say what moves if any. I took it to mean yoga in general can do this. Worth researching. I do the basic 'Sun salutations' yoga set every morning. Plenty of free yoga on you tube. Hope you're good there mate.
            Thanks Mr G. Should look into it / get myself to go to a class. Teaching and where I live don't make it easy - If i were in the city, there's loads of classes at all sorts of time.
            [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] - yep, I saw that as well... dunno if it was someone on MWO that already recommended it... thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
              Thanks Stirly and Mr G. I think connectedness is definitely one of the keys to success. I am the first one to disappear off the planet if I am not following a plan. It really only works if you work it Yes I definitely do prefer living clean however I do find the sometimes depression hard to deal with and look for a quick fix to make it all go away. But as we know that does not work and once you start one thing (pills) the booze quickly follows. The things I am doing now to help is yoga, journalling and trying so very hard to not be so hard on myself. I have kind of lost a bit of faith in what I can achieve long term
              Well [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] - we have known each other on this forum for a long time and in my opinion, you are definitely not a non-achiever!! If my memory serves me well, you got sober and clean, you went back to school and got a degree, you took on a supervisor's job with a lot of responsibility in a field you weren't very familiar with AND you are doing a good job at it. If that is not achieving, then none of us has done anything at all. Not only that, but from what I am reading between the lines, you have breathed some fresh air into your marriage!! Depression can be one of the most difficult things to deal with because it affects us in so many ways. I just have to say good for you on recognizing the problem and coming back here again to get "reconnected". IMVHO, it helps all of us, no matter at what stage or time of our sobriety we are to stay connected, to hear about others trials and achievements and to realize that we, too, can get and/or stay sober. I have been guilty of not posting as often as I should and of not giving the support that I could have to others here, but I still know how valuable it is to each and every one of us to touch base here - to remind ourselves that we are not alone and to talk to others who understand us completely. The last parts probably being the most important. Even those closest to us in our real life, cannot fathom what addiction means unless they themselves are addicts. Back to the achievement part - you, we, all of us, achieve things big and small on a daily basis but if we take all those little bits and pieces and put them together to make a bigger picture, we will find that we have achieved a lot. Each of us has talents and abilities and even possibilities that we haven't yet discovered. Don't have less faith in yourself based on what others have accomplished - we are not all given the same opportunities in life. I think you have done an amazing job in the past and I know that you will do whatever you need to this time as well to reach your goal. Even if you don't always have so much faith in yourself, WE do!!!! Again - great to see you back!
              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                Well [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] - we have known each other on this forum for a long time and in my opinion, you are definitely not a non-achiever!! If my memory serves me well, you got sober and clean, you went back to school and got a degree, you took on a supervisor's job with a lot of responsibility in a field you weren't very familiar with AND you are doing a good job at it. If that is not achieving, then none of us has done anything at all. Not only that, but from what I am reading between the lines, you have breathed some fresh air into your marriage!! Depression can be one of the most difficult things to deal with because it affects us in so many ways. I just have to say good for you on recognizing the problem and coming back here again to get "reconnected". IMVHO, it helps all of us, no matter at what stage or time of our sobriety we are to stay connected, to hear about others trials and achievements and to realize that we, too, can get and/or stay sober. I have been guilty of not posting as often as I should and of not giving the support that I could have to others here, but I still know how valuable it is to each and every one of us to touch base here - to remind ourselves that we are not alone and to talk to others who understand us completely. The last parts probably being the most important. Even those closest to us in our real life, cannot fathom what addiction means unless they themselves are addicts. Back to the achievement part - you, we, all of us, achieve things big and small on a daily basis but if we take all those little bits and pieces and put them together to make a bigger picture, we will find that we have achieved a lot. Each of us has talents and abilities and even possibilities that we haven't yet discovered. Don't have less faith in yourself based on what others have accomplished - we are not all given the same opportunities in life. I think you have done an amazing job in the past and I know that you will do whatever you need to this time as well to reach your goal. Even if you don't always have so much faith in yourself, WE do!!!! Again - great to see you back!

Much much much appreciated Stirly. Sometimes others see stuff we dont see ourselves and it is helpful to have it pointed out. Thank you

Comment

Spring is coming Starty, slowly but surely. Building your foundations again now in the grey winter might be difficult, but you'll be flying when the weather warms up. Every day is an opportunity to start over again. :happy2:

Top of the tuesday morning pilgrims! Must be day 146. I'm taking my mobile recording studio out for a test drive tomorrow to record a mate and his music. Well, there's no set agenda, so we might just end up recording a jam session between the 2 of us, and that's cool. This fella's a character so it'll be interesting and fun.

Feeling a bit ordinary this morning emotionally (feeling a bit sorry for myself over a recent break up, but it's ok. i know how to deal with it and what to do!), so gym and a run is a priority. Sadhana done including 10 mins guitar practice.

Have a bewdy out there y'all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

I walked at 5am this morning and some of the birds were singing. It was pitch black but that didnt really matter, it is clear that the mornings are getting earlier for the wildlife which means spring is on its way! Yes, a regular morning practise is really helpful. It takes us out of our heads

Comment

Sorry about the break up G....

Comment

Saw this and thought of you g-man, with your mobile recording unit!
                        Jean Lou Blanc - si tu aimes les frissons qui rechauffent

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Vervill View Post
                          Saw this and thought of you g-man, with your mobile recording unit!
                          Jean Lou Blanc - si tu aimes les frissons qui rechauffent
                          That's pretty awesome!

Comment

Hey Jude. Thanks, no worries now really. That was that woman months ago. i just slipped back a little momentarily. Difficult when u work with the person sometimes! lol. But it's all ok.

Thanks Mr V! I know this video and project. Love it! Yep, this is along the lines of what i'm doing. Connection, communication, conversation musical and otherwise. In fact, i'm off out today for my first session. It will also include an interview/convo with the artist on mental health. I'm jamming along today too. All in all, great fun with a solid underlying purpose.

Day 147! Struth, 5 months on saturday! Then the countdown's on to the fabled 6 months. Oh yeah. With a day planned like today doing something i'm fully into, there aint no desire, let alone place for booze. take it easy out there. How are ya Mr. RC?

And - Calling Madame LC, LC. Come in LC. Over.......

Comment

Hope you crushed it today G!

Comment

Top of the thursday morning pilgrims.

Yeah, good music session Mr V. Ironing out a few hitches, fair bit of work logistically, but gr8 experience.

Off to visit family today. Then to the beach for a run and a swim. day 148! L8tr g8trs.

Comment

Working...
                                X