• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Thanks, G! Onward.

Comment

No worries mate. Onward indeed. Good job!

Day 157. Oh yeah! Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Top of the morning to you pilgrims near and not so far.

I see the maaaaagnificent Jane and Bird have dropped by. Yo! W'dup friends.

It must be day 158 but i never been one fo countin'. Lunch and hanging at a market with a friend today. Let's git it.
        Last edited by Guitarista; February 3, 2018, 04:27 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Glad you are doing so well Mr. G!! It gives me hope!!

Comment

Way to go GMan, thanks for the video. I agree with you on the Buddhist based method of recovery, it makes more sense to me. You are kicking butt, keep it up!
            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by bird View Post
              Glad you are doing so well Mr. G!! It gives me hope!!
              Hey Bird. Good to see you. How have you been? You know, for me staying off booze is mainly about my thinking and perspective. Example: if i'm unhappy with the same thing regularly, i have to work out if i can improve it, change it, or walk away from it. I'm gonna use Maslows 'heirarchy of needs' to demonstrate some basics for living as i see it. I know i'm very fortunate with the following. - My home environment is stable and safe, so no probs there thankfully. This means i have a good environment and oasis to get sober in, or retreat to if life out there get's too much. So i have shelter. tick! I have a stable job that i love and i'm happy there and well regarded, so food's on the table. tick! Socially, i've got a band and a couple of good friends. Tick! My work allows me to express and exercise my values. Tick! So there's a good start and foundation for my sobriety already. If i wasn't working, i'd be on social security benefits, which is a small fortnightly income below the poverty line, but it's something at least. I'm lucky i have stable safe shelter with a good vibe/good neighbours otherwise i'd need to change it. I think what i'm trying to say is for me it's important to have some of the basics like shelter, environment, and relationships sorted out as best as possible to move towards my happiest life. I'm tipping heavily that if i'm happy and not stressed about stuff (that i can change but haven't), i'm far less inclined to reach for something to block, numb, escape, hide me away, thus back to the downward spiral of increasing depression and despair. Ending in certain death well before my time, probably through cranky, misguided adventure coz of unclear stressed illusions/delusions. I only seek out the positive now. I seek out good times, nature and people who like and respect me. Like most of us, i deal with family and friends who might be struggling in certain areas, and these situations can be heavy and full of negativity, but that's just life and i jump in and do what i can like any of us with family. So i find it's even more essential that i self impose and enforce 'me' time every day to try to keep some sort of balance. Making music like we do is the sometimes hidden icing on the cake in my life at least.

Originally posted by narilly View Post
              Way to go GMan, thanks for the video. I agree with you on the Buddhist based method of recovery, it makes more sense to me. You are kicking butt, keep it up!
              Thanks Narilly! P.S. You can get a bush block of land (probably a little less than 1 acre) on Magnetic island off the noth east coast of Oz for around $30,000 AUD i hear. Throw a shack up on it or moor a boat and there's your winter getaway.

Glorious day here. 30c and sunny. Run and swim this morning didn't last long enough! But that's ok, i had a nice time with a friend over a long lunch. When it rains it pours ya know. Dinner date tomorrow night with todays friend, and during lunch another woman across the way was giving me some serious eye attention. Couldn't tell if she wanted to kill me or sleep with me. Ah, sure i'm full of it. L8tr.

Comment

Day 159! Go git it fella.

Comment

You are quite the ladies man G. When I buy that acre of land let’s get together and talk about enlightenment. Lol
                  Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                  "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Ah, Mr. G. that is lovely advice and such a wonderful outlook. I do like my home, and my job...well...all I can say is I have had worse. It does suit my needs though, so I stay on. I have isolated myself though, friend wise, so I need to work on the social part...I could sure use a gig!!...anyway almost 160 huh?? How exciting...hope the din din goes well:sohappy:

Comment

Thankyou Narilly and Bird.

Day 160 but who's countin'? Holy papal paprika's! 20 days 'till touchdown on the moon of 180/6 months. The countdown is on.

Take it easy out there. Git some self lovin in today K? K. Cause you're worth it.
                      Last edited by Guitarista; February 5, 2018, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Top of the morning pilgrims.

Day 162! Let's git it.

Comment

Day 163! Now i'm def no ladies man or casanova, but the chicks have been flocking. Meeting a woman today from an online dating site. Only met online yesterday, but she seems relatively normal lol. Should be interesting.

Yesterday i met a woman visiting from China at an outdoor exercise station at the beach. She was watching some parachuters landing in the park then wandered over smiling and full of wonder to check out the deal. We struck up a convo, i asked her out and she said yes. she's only here for a few more days, and got my number, so we'll see. I didn't get her number, but i wouldn't give it to a sweaty, bare chested, tattooed pirate i'd just met either lol. I doubt she'll call, but it doesn't matter. It was a nice experience. I mention this because it relates to me living sober. i.e. - I reckon my vibe must've been good and positive for her to feel comfortable approaching me. i put this totally down to me being sober. My body language was likely relaxed and not hunched over or hiding away, but open and welcoming in life, people, the world.

I feel i'm starting to slowly grow and spread my wings after being effectively 'locked away' for years and years. I am def putting myself out there more and want to do more of it. Simple stuff like just getting out to see more bands or live events. I'm not really big on the online dating concept, but it has its place.

Off to gym then run to beach. L8tr g8trs.

Comment

My wife says confidence is sexy! Git it, G!

Comment

Thanks Mr V.

Must be Day 165! Work today. Let's git it!

Comment

Happy day to you Mr.G...wishing you luck with the ladies....you are looking good in mind and body!! And spirit!!

Comment

Working...
                                X