X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Day 228 and the feeling's gr8 mate!

In work today i am he is. Oooroo.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Top of the monday morning from the beach pad.

Day 229, but i aint one fo countin. Windy and cool here, but the sun is peaking out right now making it all look and feel kinda magical. A quiet day here of not doing much i reckon. A self care day. I'm gonna recharge the batteries after a busy week or so. My bands album is ready to pick up, but i'm gonna do that tomorrow. It can wait another day, cause i'm knackered. I'm not real impressed with the cover art work job, but it's by a fella we know who has done us some favours in the past, so am going with it. It's actually not too bad and looks ok, but not brill. After all the negotiating with everyone over the cover, i've had enough, heard enough, and am just going with the thing as is!

Anyway, chill time. A few things to organise for my trip this week. Brazil visa wants another photo. Sheesh! I gave em a passport pic from a joint that does these things, now they want one including shoulders. Whats the bet the next one i send will be - too much shoulders! Bjesus. What a load of admin TRIVIA!

All good though. Take it easy. Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Day 230! Right on, say Mr. Issac Hayes

Comment

You go, G! :thumbsup:

Comment

Great news on the album Mr. G!

Comment

Hola/Ola Pie and Bird!Thanks for dropping in. How are yiz?

Must be day 234 but i aint one fo countin! My bands album is finally out. However still trying to get the thing online through a distribution co. PITA, but it'll happen. Visa = PITA! See if they like my latest pic. Geez.

Working weekend here. Despite being busy with a few frustrations thrown in from admin idiocy, all is great.

Let's fkn git it pilgrim.

Comment

Hola pilgrim,

Day 235! Closing in on 8 months? Is it true? Must be close. Wowza!

Thinking and managing our thoughts. I've long believed this stuff to be the key to inner peace, resilience, and happiness. Worth doing your own research. Here's some Ekhart Tolle yapping about presence. Makes sense to me. L8tr yo!

The Power of Presence - Why Presence

Comment

Hi G,

Am delighted to see that things all seem to be looking up with you - the band, the travel plans, 8 months :happy2:

I’m not normally much of a one for unsolicited advice - either giving or receiving it - so please feel free to ignore if I’m sticking my oar in.

I read that you’re heading way down South America way pretty soon. Firstly, I’m a bit pissed off it’s taken you so long to get there as I’ve just come back from a year over there, and I was patiently waiting to offer you a sofa & a guided tour when you arrived in my neck of the woods . I had an absolute blast & I’m sure you will too. I just love the culture, the history, the music, the food, the folk, the mountains....all of it.

However, going somewhere new, on my own, meeting loads of new folk, in a language I’m not fluent in, most of whom had the damn cheek to be a couple of decades younger than me, I became really conscious of the gap that drinking alcohol used to fill for me. I’m quite content not drinking at home, and I didn’t miss alcohol in itself, but I did become quite conscious of its absence. I noticed the times that I would have casually suggested going for a quick drink; or that it’s easier to find common ground with new people over a beer or several; and that every single person tells you that your Spanish/Portuguese will improve after a few drinks. Or when i had a couple of hours to kill and might previously have grabbed a beer & sat people-watching. Or feeling a bit socially awkward cos I was on my own and grabbing a beer would give me an invisibility cloak; or feeling even more socially awkward cos I was with people that made me feel like I’d prefer to be on my own......

That, and although I stayed in an apartment for most of the time, i did travel & stay in hostels for a few months, and I found the lack of personal space a bit more difficult than it used to be. I’m blaming age for that one rather than sobriety (!) but it made it harder to have the time I usually need to switch off & recharge.

Anyway, the reason for saying all of this is that it could be worthwhile thinking about what challenges you might face in maintaining your sobriety while you’re away. Forewarned is fore-armed and all that. What might the gaps be that beer used to fill for you & how are you going to fill them now? I know you have a good morning routine going with your meditation/yoga/running, so how will you adapt if you can’t do that while you’re away? How much will you just do it anyway versus how much will you slot into other peoples schedules & routines?

All that said, I found far more enjoyable things to do than drink - I made loads of friends through running, yoga, tennis that I would never have met hanging around in bars. I did things that I’m sure I wouldn’t have considered if I’d had the old ‘easy’ option of drinking. And there’s so much less emphasis on drinking, so you don’t feel like the odd-man-out ordering a soft drink.

So sorry for the unsolicited advice, and sorry if it’s overly focussing on the risks rather than the amazing time I’m certain you’ll have. And most of all, am genuinely sorry I missed the opportunity of dragging you round the murga & music joints :eek-new:. Have an absolute blast G, and don’t forget to tell us all about it.

Abrazos
                  SF
                  Last edited by Soft Focus; April 21, 2018, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Good monday morning to all from the beach pad.

Must be day 236 but i never been one fo countin.

SF, i'm pissed off too that i didn't make it there when you were there. Where were you? Any advice, suggestions, ideas, stories, always welcome here. Thanks. I will be maintaining my morning maintenance program or Sadhana no matter who what where, no probs there. I will make sure i have an exit plan in all situations. If i'm hauled off to the mountains for some kinda ritual involving magic brew, i'm ready for that too. One possibility re booze is the feeding and watering of the musician, i.e. me at any venue i play at. My Spanish and Portugese aint gr8 yet, but i will know the words, NO ALCOHOL per favor well by the time i'm there. I'll have to watch what i'm sipping. I'll be sure to take my own where possible, and also learn the words Do you have NON alcoholic juice, soft drink etc. I suppose sitting on a small bottle of coke all night is another option along with aqua. I will have an exit plan and things to do, and make sure i'm not stuck somewhere i dont know the way back to my hotel from. Above all, i'll have a blast. I'm looking forward to plenty of running in the mornings to keep my head on straight and set me up for the day.

Easy day here after a weekend of work. Will start organising more travel stuff tomorrow i reckon. Today is fo chillin'. And laundry (nooooo, no ironing. ironing is evil! bit like va....vac.....vaccuming) Ole!

Comment

Day 237. Let's git it.

Comment

Hola! Day 238. Right on.

Visa has finally been approved, so one ongoing headache gone! lol. Juggling a few things for the trip. Life sure ain't boring here.

Let's talk about me for a minute: I was reflecting this morning how far i've come. Completing 2 diploma's last year, my bands album just released, and now a trip to Sth america with lots of jamming and maybe even some romance. Not a bad effort G fella. See, you are worth it mate. And so are you out there pilgrim, especially you reading over there in the cheap seats. Go git it.

Ooroo.

Comment

Damn straight you're worth it! Noyce going you! ❤️❤️
                          AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Congrats G, its amazing what we can achieve sober and life only gets better even with its ups and downs. There is no way in this world i would put al in my body ever again.
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Sounds like like someone's been busy gittin' it!

Comment

Top of the thursday morning to y'all mi amigo's.

Thanks Jane, Ava, Mr V! Yip, i'm dawgone gittin' it!

Must be day 239! Is tomorrow 8 freakin months? Wowza!

Comment

Working...
                                X