G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Thinking of you, G, and remembering how freaking hard it was that first year to steer clear of alcohol. Thinking about it, being around it, actually drinking... It's a fight. Freedom is precious. You're a warrior.

Comment

Thanks Pie. How are ya?

Top of the saturday morning from the beach pad. 10-18C today, sunny patches. Will be a bit nippy in the bay, but i'm goin in. First up, pump a little iron, hit the bag for a few rounds, then run on the beach followed by a swim. Sadhana done as usual this morning. I was a little distracted during meditation, as i followed my thoughts for most of it lol. But that's ok. Set the timer, breathe, then git out of there and onto the next thing - Minimum 1 x set speed yoga. (Sun salutation)

Day 241. must be 8 months or there abouts. Right on bro!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Top of the monday morning to you. Day 243!

Best i lock in accomodation for my trip today! Thinking a visit to the Amazon jungle is on the cards providing i can find my way there, along with the Inca empire remains in Cusco Peru. My travel agent has found me an overpriced self contained apartment sort of set up in Copocabana for my 3+ week stay in Rio. I might just hang the expense and book it as my base in brazil while i swan around the amazon and peru for a week in between. Will see if i can get a cheaper option this week. Found a contact in Chile who's keen to meet and show me around the music traps. She's a singer. :eek-new: Noice.

A top sunny sunday spent with a long time female friend at a big outdoor market here. Life is good. Life is exciting. There is absolutely NO room or space for fear in my mind. This is a no fear zone. Fear is healthy and natural of course, and necessary in some situations as a protective factor, but i'm talking about life in general and going out there to follow your dreams and doing what you love. There should be no fear doing that. There's no time left for self deception or holding back. It's time to shine pilgrim. You know what i'm talkin about.

L8tr g8trs.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Must be day 245! Top of the morning to ya pilgrims.

Trip is shaping up. Accom being locked in today, small travel guitar purchased yesterday with the purpose of fitting on a plane with me as hand luggage onboard. It's a cheapy, with some tuning shenannigans, but i should be able to get a sound out of it once the new strings settle down. It's got a pick up, so it's electric too. I'm booking a hotel close to copocabana beach which has a kitchen/dining area too, so if things go pear shaped for any reason at all, at least i'll have a little private sanctuary to retreat to and refocus, and a big roaring surf beach and a favela next door to ground me and get me back to centre. I no nuthin much about favela's except what i've heard, but i look forward to meeting the locals, from the working class in the favela, to the rich, glamorous ab fab sheila's 3 balconies away in room 1057. Excited and just a tad nervous i must admit. But more excited and looking forward to the adventure. i got enough money in my pocket, i got the visa's, flight booked so no stress there. Hey, i even got a girl waiting for me. If i start to whinge about anything, kick me. I'm off early next week. Right on.

Take it easy. Anything is possible. There are no limits.

Comment

So exciting for you Mr G. And a long time coming. Sobriety really frees us from their chains doesnt it.

How long are you going for? Will your job stay open?

Comment

Hiya Starty. How are ya?

Day two four fkn 6! :thumbsup: Yep, the chains are broken and remain severed as long as i want them to. Wow, now that's cool. I can actually decide and have some sort of control over my life, or at least over my perspective of my life.

I'm off for 4-5 weeks. Yep, my job stays open, no worries. I'm already thinking about an Asia trip after this one lol. What's been happening with you?

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                Hiya Starty. How are ya?

Day two four fkn 6! :thumbsup: Yep, the chains are broken and remain severed as long as i want them to. Wow, now that's cool. I can actually decide and have some sort of control over my life, or at least over my perspective of my life.

I'm off for 4-5 weeks. Yep, my job stays open, no worries. I'm already thinking about an Asia trip after this one lol. What's been happening with you?
                Sounds absolutely fab Mr G and yes, being sober and clean is the way to go. Right now I am considering some big work changes. I would like to reduce my working to 3 days a week. It is a very stressful job as you probably know and I am worn down. Probably one of the reasons I keep falling off the wagon. I dont want to do that any more so I need to make big changes to my lifestyle and that means reducing some of the stress I have been feeling.

Comment

Yep, i think that is a very good idea. :happy2:

Comment

Hola and Ola friends! Top of the friday morning to you.

Day 247! Got a few things left to sort out for my trip. A pair of solid open sandals for Rio. A couple of new shirts, shorts. Malaria tablets. Organise a mate to turn over the motor in the car once a week. Print out Rio hotel accom confirmation. Book an amazon trip. Will be doing all of this today, or as much as i can. Working this weekend, then monday off, and fly out tuesday evening. I've got the big important stuff organised at least, air ticket, visa, accom, money, travel guitar, so no big stress.

Santiago chile is looking like a full social calender, meeting up with fairly much total strangers, but we have at least 2 things in common. Music. Food. I have a couple of offers to show me around which is so cool. I am grateful for such generosity of spirit. The great thing is i have an exit plan for everything so far. At least my accomodation in all countries is in reasonable hotels, single room by myself where i can escape to and chill if the going gets too chaotic! lol. Free wifi, so i should be able to stay connected here too. :happy2:

Just read another message from another chick in santiago. Looks like we're doing an English/Spanish language exchange practice over coffee. I reckon i can squeeze her in. :applouse: I note how these women use multiple exclamation marks as in !!! They sound full on! haha. Bring it on pilgrims.
                    Last edited by Guitarista; May 3, 2018, 03:07 PM.

Comment

So excited for you. How long is the flight and how did you get to rope all those birds into helping you ��

Comment

Haha. Good question on both fronts. The flight leaves here 8 pm tuesday and apparantley arrives in chile 8 pm tuesday. err.......so not sure. But it's direct so i suspect a good 10-13 hours or so.

Those women are sooo enthusiastic and generous. I'm a member of this all nations sort of networking site for travellers, and they have groups, activities, language exchanges etc in most cities around the world. So i just posted on the chile forum that i'm coming with guitar to play and i'm also up for language exchange/coffee. I never knew these chicks would flock, so keen and so soon! lol. Anyway, i'm playing at a bar next thursday night and one group is taking me to that. On wednesday night, it looks like i'll be out on the town with another gorgeous lady who's keen to show me around and practice her english. Already they're talking about when i come back i'll have to do and see this this and this.....So off to a promising start. I've already cast a line out in Buenos aires and got one bite so far. :-)

Comment

Have a wonderful adventure in SA, G-Man. Safe travels!
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                            Haha. Good question on both fronts. The flight leaves here 8 pm tuesday and apparantley arrives in chile 8 pm tuesday. err.......so not sure. But it's direct so i suspect a good 10-13 hours or so.

Those women are sooo enthusiastic and generous. I'm a member of this all nations sort of networking site for travellers, and they have groups, activities, language exchanges etc in most cities around the world. So i just posted on the chile forum that i'm coming with guitar to play and i'm also up for language exchange/coffee. I never knew these chicks would flock, so keen and so soon! lol. Anyway, i'm playing at a bar next thursday night and one group is taking me to that. On wednesday night, it looks like i'll be out on the town with another gorgeous lady who's keen to show me around and practice her english. Already they're talking about when i come back i'll have to do and see this this and this.....So off to a promising start. I've already cast a line out in Buenos aires and got one bite so far. :-)
                            You are amazing and I am very very proud of you :heartbeat: I look forward to getting further in my sobriety and making amazing changes like you have

Comment

Thanks Starty and Techie! I will be sure to enjoy myself, and respect myself a little too. :happy2:

Must be day 248, but i never been one fo countin'. I'm very keen to book a 4 day Amazon jungle trek my travel agent found. It's a little pricey, but not over the top, and i'd be a stingy bugger if i passed this opportunity up. I've sent her an email to look at a few adjustments, i.e. if i can tack on a visit to the Inca site in Cusco Peru for a day or 2 after amazon trip. The feeling's good here. In work this weekend. Need to buy sandals and shorts, malaria tablets on monday, and i should be sorted for the big trip.

take care out there. You're worth it.

Comment

Hola/Ola amigo's!

Must be day 249. Off to work on this sunday morning over here. All's good. Sent off a few messages to community radio stations to where i'm travelling to see if they'd like some music. Who know's? It'll either be zero response, which as an independent muso i'm very used to, or, it might be yes dude! drop in man.

Get some self lovin in today pilgrim K? K.

Comment

Working...
                                X