Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Have fun G!

One thing that really struck me about the Amazon is that because of the parallel latitude thingy, what they call the jungle is pretty much our rainforest. So you'll still be at home while you're away!

Also, if you get a chance to see the pink dolphins, see the pink dolphins.

Travel safe. xx
    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Gidday Classy lady. Thanks, will do.

You bet. And i reckon them Anaconda's wouldn't be too different to wrestling a Queensland croc back home. Pink dolphins! Heck, i'll be rapt to see any kind of dolphin. I'm taking a guitar, so if i'm not back by the end of june, it's possible the local chief has seconded me as bard of the village. Hey, it's a gig.

Take care out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hola/Ola pilgrims!

Day 251 but i ain't one fo countin. I'm as ready as i'll ever be for my trip away. Just gotta buy last minute gifts for my friends o/s squeeze a run in, and that's about it. getting a lift to airport in the afternoon plenty early for 8 p.m. departure. I seem to have the basics - passport, ticket, visa, dough, guitar.

I hope to log in here regularly as possible with all the gossip and some pics if i can.

L8tr g8tr's!
        Last edited by Guitarista; May 7, 2018, 04:58 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Have a wonderful adventure, Mr. G. Safe travels!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks Techstar! Will do. take care mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
              Gidday Classy lady. And i reckon them Anaconda's wouldn't be too different to wrestling a Queensland croc back home.
              Like this one?
              IMG_6141.jpg
              Last edited by Glass Half Empty; May 7, 2018, 05:30 PM.
              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Safe travels Mr G. Check in soon :horse:

Comment

Be safe G. Can't wait to hear all about it. How very exciting!

Comment

Safe travels, G-man! looking forward to hearing about the big adventures!

Comment

Muchos gracias Glassy, Starty, Bird, Mr V!

Glassy, i bet that baby anaconda gives the best hugs! I wanna see the ones you see on the doco's. Like 1 metre thick and never ending. Should be careful what i wish for. Still awaiting confirmation on amazon trip as they were fully booked earlier. Travel agent is arranging it, and it's paid for so hopefully they can fit me in.

I arrived last night local time. It's now 2 a.m. thursday morning and i'm just back home after a fairly amazing night out with a new friend. First time we met tonight and wowza! Not only is she extremely gorgeous, smart and easy going, we managed a pash at the end. I sure didn't expect that! The connection was great and a lot of fun. Played music with others in a rowdy and friendly big open bar off the tourist trail, so she sure showed me a great time, especially for my 2nd night in a foreign country. We're meeting for lunch tomorrow, and she's coming to the gig thursday night which has been arranged by another woman previously. lol. I invited tonights woman because i might be dopey, but i ain't stupid. I might be onto something with her. All i can keep saying at this point is...........wow wow wow! My time in this town is proving far too short! Nothing but friendly enthusiastic people on my travels so far. On the other hand, there is also a large amount of homeless people living along the banks of the river running through Santiago. I made a lot of new friends tonight. This one guy insisted on buying me a beer and joining him and his mates at a table, but i politely declined. Even my woman friend invited me to try some wine concoction just a sip....lol. I just said, no sorry, i'm taking this year off the grog. They were fine with that after i had to re affirm it a couple of times without offending anyone. Doing it all again tomorrow. Ole!

Comment

So happy for you Mr G. :welldone::heartbeat:
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks Nora.

Day 250 plus something or other. Off to lunch with the hot chica from last night - at her suggestion i note with some glee. Need i say more?! Nope. Except maybe......Ole!

Comment

Top of the saturday morning from Argentina!

18C fair skies, top of 21c. Got a good sleep in after some long nights in Chile. Off for a run and find food and coffee. I'm not too organised really. lol. I walked for bloody miles yesterday looking for an ATM to withdraw cash. Big queues everywhere at the banks here. At one bank, there was a queue outside as a security guard let only a couple of people in at a time to withdraw money. Basic, good everyday folk being fkd around just to access their money. It looks like there are some issues with the countries financial system! Got whacked a hefty exchange fee, but i expected that and i was just happy to get my money exchanged. Should've at least done this at the airport where it was much quieter. No problemo though. Gotta say, the average punter in the street is friendly.

On the booze front, sailing through without issue. Things are goooooood. Still got plenty of bucks as all the big stuff has been paid for. The only rip off is tourist price taxi's so far. The locals know where to get a ride for half the price i'm paying. But with only a couple of days in 2 countries this last week, that's ok.

take it easy out there. Thankful for free wifi to be able to communicate with my friends everywhere.

Comment

Ola from sunny Rio! Day 258-9?

28C on a wednesday morning at my holiday beach pad down Copocobana way. All good here. Off for a run on the beach soon. G strings are a fave with the chica's here. :happy2:

L8tr g8trs.

Comment

Bom dias from Rio de janeiro!

Must be day 259 or thereabouts but i aint one fo countin. A little light rain here and cloudy, 24c. Another 11 days here before Amazon jungle trek. Then the plan is to visit my chica friend in chile for a week before i go home. I reckon a week together will give us a clue as to where it's going. :eek-new: Either way, she's a blast. :heartbeat:

Let's git it.

Comment

Working...
                                X